Stop asking for classic maps. Leave them ALONE.

No, I’m serious. When you chose to allow sprint/thrust/clamber in Halo’s game design, you chose to leave all that behind. Those maps were designed to be played in classic Halo style. So when you ask for those maps, what you’re really asking for is, “Hey, change everything about this map so my stupid, trend following, game destroying gimmicks can work on it. Oh, and make sure it plays exactly the way it used to, too.”
All that will happen is they’ll all play like -Yoink- (Truth), and you’ll regret you even asked for it everytime time you’re forced to play on it in H5’s wonderful map rotation system.

unless they made a classic halo playlist with classic maps

No.

People will always want classic maps.

So true OP. I laughed

> 2533274830444029;1:
> No, I’m serious. When you chose to allow sprint/thrust/clamber in Halo’s game design, you chose to leave all that behind. Those maps were designed to be played in classic Halo style. So when you ask for those maps, what you’re really asking for is, “Hey, change everything about this map so my stupid, trend following, game destroying gimmicks can work on it. Oh, and make sure it plays exactly the way it used to, too.”
> All that will happen is they’ll all play like -Yoink- (Truth), and you’ll regret you even asked for it everytime time you’re forced to play on it in H5’s wonderful map rotation system.

You how easy it will be for 343 to implement a classic playlist? COD has done that. Not saying they will. But just thought you should know

Leave it to the forgers please. If the maps are remade they need to be rescaled for spartan abilities, but will most likely cause a different experience. Nostalgia may apply :slight_smile:

> 2728966917079826;3:
> No.
>
> People will always want classic maps.

If Truth is anything to go off of regarding what happens to classic maps if they’re forced into the game, then no, I don’t want them.

…or just re-scale them.

> 2533274881937413;5:
> > 2533274830444029;1:
> > No, I’m serious. When you chose to allow sprint/thrust/clamber in Halo’s game design, you chose to leave all that behind. Those maps were designed to be played in classic Halo style. So when you ask for those maps, what you’re really asking for is, “Hey, change everything about this map so my stupid, trend following, game destroying gimmicks can work on it. Oh, and make sure it plays exactly the way it used to, too.”
> > All that will happen is they’ll all play like -Yoink- (Truth), and you’ll regret you even asked for it everytime time you’re forced to play on it in H5’s wonderful map rotation system.
>
>
> You how easy it will be for 343 to implement a classic playlist? COD has done that. Not saying they will. But just thought you should know

If you’re referring to Advanced Warfare, nobody played that Playlist because the maps were not designed to be played that way. It turned into a camp-fest.

> 2533274795862399;6:
> Leave it to the forgers please. If the maps are remade they need to be rescaled for spartan abilities, but will most likely cause a different experience. Nostalgia may apply :slight_smile:

I don’t see how sprint or clamber make the maps different, the only thing that changes is map movement and play style. Big deal. Go cry somewhere else. It just modernizes the way you play on the classic map. Nothing wrong with that at all, and if you’re really going to piss and moan about it, then idk what else to tell you

You are right OP. But know one would care sadly. We gotta leave those maps in the beautiful memories of nostalgia

Just the word “classic” makes 343 cringe. Just a friendly reminder that 343 devs did not like and even hated the classic trilogy. This is straight from their mouth, look it up.

> 2533274817492720;2:
> unless they made a classic halo playlist with classic maps

If they designed Halo 5 correctly, there wouldn’t be a need for a classic Playlist in the first place.

> 2533274830444029;13:
> > 2533274817492720;2:
> > unless they made a classic halo playlist with classic maps
>
>
> If they designed Halo 5 correctly, there wouldn’t be a need for a classic Playlist in the first place.

and that is my biggest issue with 343, they do some good but the bad out weighs the good. IMO

> 2533274881937413;10:
> > 2533274795862399;6:
> > Leave it to the forgers please. If the maps are remade they need to be rescaled for spartan abilities, but will most likely cause a different experience. Nostalgia may apply :slight_smile:
>
>
> I don’t see how sprint or clamber make the maps different, the only thing that changes is map movement and play style. Big deal. Go cry somewhere else. It just modernizes the way you play on the classic map. Nothing wrong with that at all, and if you’re really going to piss and moan about it, then idk what else to tell you

Then, you sir, are part of the problem if you don’t think H5 gimmicks don’t effect anything. Quit dodging the issue with your typical “cry” responses.

> 2533274809541057;8:
> …or just re-scale them.

That’s the point, bud. Rescaling would screw up the sight lines and create no man zones.

> 2533274891247826;11:
> You are right OP. But know one would care sadly. We gotta leave those maps in the beautiful memories of nostalgia

It’s sad that they don’t even realize how hypocritical they sound when they ask for these things.

> 2533274830444029;16:
> > 2533274809541057;8:
> > …or just re-scale them.
>
>
> That’s the point, bud. Rescaling would screw up the sight lines and create no man zones.

I suppose, possibly. I guess that would more or less defeat the purpose of a remake.

Can’t say I’m against that though.

I wish they would recreate more of the Halo 2 maps like they did Headlong. Matter fact I’d like for them to re-create all of the Halo 2 maps. Ivory Tower, Zanzibar, Coagulation, Warlock, Lockout, Turf, Beaver Creek, etc

But I miss Hemoragh and Valhalla :confused:

I don’t see how those would be messed up

forgers will remake them and give them justice so I’m happy about that