Stolen files...

Ok I recently made a screenshot in reach that was starting to get really popular the past few days. So i looked at my screenshots of you section and i saw my screenshot renamed and changed description with a different author. This should not be allowed. If someone downloads your screenshot and puts it on their file share with a different name it should NOT list their name as the author. It should be your name not some person who just stole it. If this is not fixed in title update PLEASE include this in Halo 4.

That happens to me also. It is a bummer and I hope it doesn’t happen. Sorry man.

> That happens to me also. It is a bummer and I hope it doesn’t happen. Sorry man.

Ya its terrible. My screenshot wasn’t that good but still, I don’t think if someone puts so much work into this amazing, awesome, fantastical screenshot just to have it stolen by someone that is now getting all the credit.

Would be nice if there was a permanent author tag to a file, so even if its downloaded, reused, or even altered slightly, the original author will still have some credit with it.

> Would be nice if there was a permanent author tag to a file, so even if its downloaded, reused, or even altered slightly, the original author will still have some credit with it.

What if they made it so in the description it said “Screenshot by STINKY 1790” and whenever you downloaded it you cant get rid of it so no matter what you still have credit.

That happened to me, I found one of my shots in my pics of me under a different author. I tagged it as stolen and some time later it was removed. o.o

Tagging it with ‘stolen pic’ or something doesn’t work. I’ve tried it.

Original pic. The guy wasn’t even in the match either.
This guy took one of my pics. It’s in his File Share still and it is his Trophy Shot as well.
Pretty much he changed the name and suddenly, he is the author. I don’t know if I am supposed to be honored that he is sharing the pic and have it as his trophy shot or if I should be annoyed that someone took my pic and has it on their file share as their own.

> Tagging it with ‘stolen pic’ or something doesn’t work. I’ve tried it.
>
> Original pic. The guy wasn’t even in the match either.
> This guy took one of my pics. It’s in his File Share still and it is his Trophy Shot as well.
> Pretty much he changed the name and suddenly, he is the author. I don’t know if I am supposed to be honored that he is sharing the pic and have it as his trophy shot or if I should be annoyed that someone took my pic and has it on their file share as their own.

These kinds of situations are always a bit of a pain. At the very least, if it ever does come down to an argument over who the original author is, you can show the creation date of your file.

I know how you feel man, on Deviantart I made a comic series and a couple months ago I realised someone was taking my comics and reposting them as his own with his name on the title. I was so pissed

Funny thing is Bungie was bragging about how they implemented a feature that makes it so the person who made the screenshot, map or anything really will always be given credit as the original author, and yet only a few months after launch there were already ways around it.