Stolen content - Forgers beware

This has been a long issue and I recently had dealt with this situation first hand. There are multiple great channels the epidemic, forge labs, forge hub, halo vanguards, homeworldhero, ect. that feature forge maps, and credit the author of the content, however there are the few who take your map and label it as their own for purposes of publicizing their own channel and monetizing your content. I checked the waypoint and RUL forums for how to handle this situation. This may be new or old to you but here’s some things I found. If there’s anything I missed please post it here

• leave a hidden signature off in the distance,
  • screenshot your in game forge with date/time
  • archive messages asking to “feature” your map
  • track the dates of the files
  • have a prescreening of the map to friends/followers to testify
  • beware of spam friends/followers/accounts
  • block accounts that steal your content
  • don’t let them get to you
    as soon as someone sets a new object down on your map and saves it, they become the creator. BEWARE of <mark>REDACTED</mark>/<mark>REDACTED</mark> and he runs mutilpe YouTube and Xbox accounts. He asked for permission to use my map and credit me and then had his “followers” -Yoink!- my all my map videos with dislikes and negative comments saying I stole the map and promoting him and his friend, he even commented himself saying I don’t have permission to use his content. Normally this is only Halo, a game, I would leave it alone because it’s not a big issue, but when I am falsely accused for stealing I made a video proving he is in the wrong, I still received negative comments and dislikes, trying to get me to remove the video, called him out again and he admitted to creating most the spam accounts to harrass my videos. This kid is a poison to the community because he’s trying to hit a millions subs.
    I’m not trying to call him out again on the waypoint forums, I’d be no better and we don’t do that here. But small and big forge channels beware of him and people like him.
    update - he’s changed his gamer tag and account but his name is <mark>REDACTED</mark>, he has also been caught stealing montages on one of his other channels
  • This is a true statement. . . But its old. Yes you are spreading awareness, which is good. I like that. Its honest. Keep up the awareness. - This isn’t against you or anyone at that. . .What I’ve learned from 343 and bungie along with Youtubers who understand the past and current file sharing is that. . . You can download a map and edit it to your customs, downside, well you are automatically credit for doing so, The game knows this, 343 knows this, When you download a map, You are Timestamped and the game is aware that you just downloaded a map, it marks when you did this. This has been around since Halo 3. . .It isn’t map stealing. Its that person went and edited the map to his or her fitting and to play on it. I download a lot of maps and edit them on where I FEEL as if its broke or incomplete. Doesn’t mean I stole the map, nor does it mean Im claiming to have made the map. Im just adding my touch to it, since I have the right to do so, Call it stealing but Bungie and 343 should of implemented a system where if you download a map, you can take it to forge to edit. - And Yes, There is a timestamp with your name as Original Author to the map, Its in your file / Bookmarks. 343 is aware of this as well. - As for the people who are Claiming that they made something that they didn’t. . . Well, Like I said already and in past Halo games, You are flagged and given a timestamp the moment you,
  • Download a map. - Edit the map. - rename the map, // Save as // - And share the map. - The Original Creator of the map can see this, anyone can see this. The map you re-save will have the date that it was originally made on. Like a postal stamp. 343 did this in Halo 4’s forging and file sharing.

Thanks for the advice, but im not too worried about people taking my work and stealing my place because of it. Im still the creator, whether or not the game or player acknowledges it, and only I can replicate that kind of work, soo… its all good.

The kid is a troll, he’s blowing up my channel with negative feed, please support, he’s being a sore loser

Don’t call people out. Thanks.

> 2533274822258320;4:
> The kid is a troll, he’s blowing up my channel with negative feed, please support, he’s being a sore loser
> http://youtu.be/qx2P8tEelyY

Hahaha awe man, That video alone earned a subscription for you. . .
I had an issue not related to forge but with Halo lore gamertag and a group of kids who discovered how to make a website, they claimed to work for Microsoft, 343 and Bungie, They said I was in Violation of the EULA Code and that I and my Spartan Company I lead can’t have the Halo Lore tags and Company name. . . hahah I took all the evidence I gathered and reported them, as of what I know, There account have a life time banned, Hopefully a console ban as well.

• If he is doing this to you, I wonder who else he is doing it to as well?
  • I must ask, were the comments getting out of hand on that video?

> 2533274796457055;5:
> Don’t call people out. Thanks.

Unrated to this matter. . .
The director medal. . .
I know the rules to get it, but I am unclear on where to post or provide a link to my video to obtain it.

• Also, what qualifies for the Medal / badge?

Not necessarily calling out, I’m warning the community about this kid. I don’t understand how I’m calling him out, I can enable comments on the video so you can see what the kid is willing to do to get YouTube halo fame

> 2533274822258320;8:
> Not necessarily calling out, I’m warning the community about this kid. I don’t understand how I’m calling him out, I can enable comments on the video so you can see what the kid is willing to do to get YouTube halo fame

yeah what he did was pretty stupid, but id like to see him build a map with expectations that you set. Failure imminent, thats for sure. Thats what I was trying to say though, that these kids cannot actually compete and when people expect his work, theyre gonna find out the truth.

thanks for the advice

Has anyone made a fat kid map on halo 5 yet

I don’t have the time to make loads of maps,I made one banshee battle map and it took flippin ages as I only have an hour or so free each evening :-/
I do bookmark and edit maps for my Companies weekly game night and even though it then says I’m the author I always credit the original author in the map description…it’s just the polite thing to do and only takes a min.

I honestly don’t care that much. Whoever I meet will know I’m the creator.