Stimulation Ruing Halo (Read It Makes Sense)

Do not judge tell you have read and understand the full Forum
Movement
We all know who is dominating FPS shooters these days. This game is of course Call Of Duty and for the past 4 years they have been marketing there game to have faster movements. This is because the more getting 30 kills a match is more stimulating especially for noob like players apposed to getting 13 kills. Because we all know are good friend rob just got home from work and only has time to get a couple of Call Of Duty matches in and get as stimulated as possible with out having to do as much work as possible. But I am not saying that Call of Duty is exactly like Halo, but Halo 4/5, Battlefield Hardline and other games have tried to make there gameplay faster because they know that stimulation is key for marketing games. I am not saying that Halo 5 isn’t a big improvement from Halo 4 because it is, but what i’m saying is that Halo 5 still tries to have faster Mechanics to help stimulate the player. So how did the old Halos sell so much? Well that is because they are original and by that I mean they do not play like any other game. This shows in battlefield because 3 and 4 were way better then Hardline but Dice is making the correct move with battlefield 1 and making it original and more like Battlefield. The stimulation you get from Call of Duty makes every other gaming company want to have faster gameplay but there are 3 reasons why that is bad.

• Originality ( not being able to have that same experience any were else.) - The skill gap is a little reduced ( In the old halos 15 kills in a row is easier to get to because I am better then you at the game so I deserve more kills.) - It is easier to create a fan base around a game to that is as different as possible compared to any other game.Maps
    This stimulation is not just showed in movement it is shown in map design. Every map in Halo 5 feels the same, they are all boxes and circles. Try to tell me that Ascension feels the same as Zanzibar, try to tell me guardian plays the same as Cold storage. You can’t because they are absolutely different. If you see an over head view of old halo maps compared to halo 5 maps you would see that halo 3 maps have a wacky and different shape every time but in halo 5 almost every map is a rectangle or a circle. How does this relate to Stimulation well you don’t have to learn the maps so much if there all the same shape and all feel the same. You don’t have to learn were the power weapons are if it tells you, there is always multiple ways in and out of sections to the map so they are easily accessible ( this is bad because you don’t have to learn the map and it adds for less map character so every map will feel the same if you can get any were from any side.) Call of Duty created this because your average noob can play a map that has easily accessible places, witch will help stimulate that noob because he is going to do better if he does not have to learn were to go. The noob is also helped if every map feels the same because he no longer has to learn the map because its -Yoinking!- box or an circle and only some on really really dumb can not figure there way around a box or a circle.

I hope you the reader can see what I am getting at. Plus wouldn’t it make you mad if your new friend bobby is a rank 17 and he only picks up a scatter shot and a rocket launcher, already knows all around the maps, knows were to find the power weapons, spartan charges and runs around with an smg because he likes quick kills and gets 5 kills less then you a rank 93 and your trying to use skill weapons like the BR or DMR and trying to shoot people in the head faster then they can shoot you because that is what takes skill. That would make me mad.

Makes sense. No arena shooters will be good for a while Halo 5 will be one of the last good one in 3-6 years maby even 9 and a person could go through all of high school and college in that time. Looks like I’m stuck with Battlefield and othere genres for now.

Prey for Halo 3 Anniversary :slight_smile:

While I may not agree with you on every minute detail, you make a very valid point: FPS’s in general are loosing variety and strategy that you have in the classic ones to instead cater to a more general market. Now I will digress and say that Breakout maps do not follow this rule as one you move up, you need general weapon profiency, weapon placement and map knowledge including where all the little nooks and crannies are yo can bend the map to your will a bit more. Another thread pointed out how Warzone focuses on single player excellence vs teamplay (e.g. Single seat vehicles specifically), and I think this plays off that too. It’s much easier for an individual to get a powerful weapon and go on a killing spree vs getting a team together and executing solid team tactics. I can’t get a single friend of mine with and Xbox One to do anything but run out and try rack up kills and victories. I’ve plans for all sorts of strategies that the WZ sandbox allows for…but no one willing to take the time for it. Let’s hope Halo 6 steps away from this or atleast allows for the nostalgic purists (like us) have our own shot at the true fun too.

> 2533274903052473;3:
> While I may not agree with you on every minute detail, you make a very valid point: FPS’s in general are loosing variety and strategy that you have in the classic ones to instead cater to a more general market. Now I will digress and say that Breakout maps do not follow this rule as one you move up, you need general weapon profiency, weapon placement and map knowledge including where all the little nooks and crannies are yo can bend the map to your will a bit more. Another thread pointed out how Warzone focuses on single player excellence vs teamplay (e.g. Single seat vehicles specifically), and I think this plays off that too. It’s much easier for an individual to get a powerful weapon and go on a killing spree vs getting a team together and executing solid team tactics. I can’t get a single friend of mine with and Xbox One to do anything but run out and try rack up kills and victories. I’ve plans for all sorts of strategies that the WZ sandbox allows for…but no one willing to take the time for it. Let’s hope Halo 6 steps away from this or atleast allows for the nostalgic purists (like us) have our own shot at the true fun too.

I think he means they need more beefed up scout warthog and warthogs in general. We need a transport vehicle that is armored so it promotes people going to points as a team. A Falcon would be cool to but im happy they are adding the wasp. Warzone is the best part of this game because in my opinion it is one of the few multiplayer game modes that is not so fast pace and in your face. They should take sprint out for Every ranked playlist in Arena and maybe campaign.

> 2533274903141535;4:
> > 2533274903052473;3:
> >
>
>
> I think he means they need more beefed up scout warthog and warthogs in general. We need a transport vehicle that is armored so it promotes people going to points as a team. …Warzone is the best part of this game because in my opinion it is one of the few multiplayer game modes that is not so fast pace and in your face.

It would need some serious playtesting and balancing but a transport hog with energy shields over the passengers, that would atleast help the players. I’m working on finishing a list of “cut Hog Wild content” along with supporting graphics, listing off some possible unique warthog variants such as a Hannibal transport hog that allows for any battery based weapon it will not consume ammo while riding as a rear passenger. There are a few other ones just thrown in for humor that are NOT balanced by any means too. All in good fun though.

I think it’s also based on the individuals attention span. I have to admit I love being able to drop into a BO3 game or two and get instant action and kick some -Yoink- (if I get lucky) whereas in Halo you have to buckle down more and work harder for each kill.

We are a society that want’s instant gratification. Fast rewards. Less work for more. That’s just how it is right now and games are starting to reflect that.
Easier to jump into. You don’t need to know a lot of back story. You don’t need time on a Training Course to pick up controls and how weapons/skills handle, you can just go go go!
And yeah, that’s going to breed contempt from players that like the challenge of a game that doesn’t hold your hand and actually makes you engage your brain and think about your actions. It’s never going to feel good to have a lower level (aka newer less experienced) player kick your butt when you obviously have put more time into it and feel that your patience and time should be rewarded.
But… unless your the driving force behind consumers and what the figures show, I doubt were going to see much change. The popularity of CoD type games with instant easy action is just how things seem to be progressing on most fronts.

Man I feel old…

i think part of this was making wargames cannon. Ever since that happened, Matchmaking kinda went down the toilet. Then that also made forge cannon… WHY 343. We don’t need a reason for it, just keep it simple. “If you kill someone, they just respawn for no reason.” There done… Nope they decided “You can’t die in here because this is just a simulation. None of this is real, youre just training.” but that kills immersion. To be honest, I don’t really care for immersion, but i know people hate the “It’s a simulation” Idea as much as everyone hate the “It’s all a dream” theory for some games with crappy logic.

> 2696128169794517;6:
> We are a society that want’s instant gratification. Fast rewards. Less work for more. That’s just how it is right now and games are starting to reflect that.
> Easier to jump into. You don’t need to know a lot of back story. You don’t need time on a Training Course to pick up controls and how weapons/skills handle, you can just go go go!

There really isn’t a need for a training course, youre right. But sometimes it is cool to have that if done right. but in terms of removing any simulation, just make the rest of the stuff non-cannon battles like what titanfall does… well except for that one map purposefully called “War Games” which is a simulation map. the rest is natural terrain. but yea I see where you’re coming from. No game should force the tutorial anymore if it’s a shooter, they should only do that if there’s unique controls or they can just add a “Tutorial” section. nowadays everything is CoD controls for shooters so nobody needs to learn how to play a shooter.

> 2533274823537944;8:
> > 2696128169794517;6:
> > We are a society that want’s instant gratification. Fast rewards. Less work for more. That’s just how it is right now and games are starting to reflect that.
> > Easier to jump into. You don’t need to know a lot of back story. You don’t need time on a Training Course to pick up controls and how weapons/skills handle, you can just go go go!
>
>
> There really isn’t a need for a training course, youre right. But sometimes it is cool to have that if done right. but in terms of removing any simulation, just make the rest of the stuff non-cannon battles like what titanfall does… well except for that one map purposefully called “War Games” which is a simulation map. the rest is natural terrain. but yea I see where you’re coming from. No game should force the tutorial anymore if it’s a shooter, they should only do that if there’s unique controls or they can just add a “Tutorial” section. nowadays everything is CoD controls for shooters so nobody needs to learn how to play a shooter.

Uh…I think OP meant “stimulation” as in adrinaline rush, not the simulation concept. (I had to read the title 3 times before that clicked though.

Okay, so you do have a point, about the maps… well I never thought about its and never noticed because I never compared them. Yes the different maps of previous halos felt different but in halo 5 they all are quite similar… I presume that 343 wanted to make more symmetrical maps because of there competitive game… that would make sense right? Maps being round and blocky because they are symmetrical. And like you mentioned guardian and zanzibar were different non-symmetrical. I believe that this competitive nature of game has cause this map issues. However I think forged maps look decent enough If someone makes them with aesthetically beautiful. I remember playing on a forged map that looked very very much like a proper map… so If we really want to have that casual play styles and maps, the best we can do is join casual companies and play customs because this game was buit up for competition.