Still uneven matches in Arena?

So I haven’t played in a while. Quitters really ruined the game for me. Been playing a bit lately and every match usually ends up as 4v3 or 4v2 in Arena. This is still going on? I really want to enjoy this game but it’s not enjoyable playing one sided matches. Why do people queue up just to quit if they aren’t winning 25 to 5 within 2 minutes?

I even bought an Elite controller after getting hooked on back paddles with my Steam Controller. Now it seems I have nothing to play with this controller! :confused:

Just throwing this out there but the elite controller works really well with gears of war 4
i love the ability to be able to bum rush while being able to also dictate the direction I am going while bum rushing

OT: of course its still a problem it’s been a problem in every halo and nearly every multiplayer game

> 2533275006282773;1:
> So I haven’t played in a while. Quitters really ruined the game for me. Been playing a bit lately and every match usually ends up as 4v3 or 4v2 in Arena. This is still going on? I really want to enjoy this game but it’s not enjoyable playing one sided matches. Why do people queue up just to quit if they aren’t winning 25 to 5 within 2 minutes?
>
> I even bought an Elite controller after getting hooked on back paddles with my Steam Controller. Now it seems I have nothing to play with this controller! :confused:

Quitters still exist. They have not yet been turned to face the glory of the banhammer. Some day they will embrace it’s majesty or be placed on a break from arena.

> 2533274832130936;2:
> Just throwing this out there but the elite controller works really well with gears of war 4
> i love the ability to be able to bum rush while being able to also dictate the direction I am going while bum rushing
>
> OT: of course its still a problem it’s been a problem in every halo and nearly every multiplayer game

I did briefly try out Gears with it but I much prefer keyboard + mouse for that game. Not sure why I’d ever want to download the Xbox version even though I own it but if I do I’ll use it for sure.

> 2533275006282773;4:
> > 2533274832130936;2:
> > Just throwing this out there but the elite controller works really well with gears of war 4
> > i love the ability to be able to bum rush while being able to also dictate the direction I am going while bum rushing
> >
> > OT: of course its still a problem it’s been a problem in every halo and nearly every multiplayer game
>
>
> I did briefly try out Gears with it but I much prefer keyboard + mouse for that game. Not sure why I’d ever want to download the Xbox version even though I own it but if I do I’ll use it for sure.

Is the windows 10 cross play on both PC and Xbox servers?
as in if I’m playing on my Xbox will I be matched against PC users?
I was worried about that aspect of the play anywhere model

> 2533274832130936;5:
> > 2533275006282773;4:
> > > 2533274832130936;2:
> > > Just throwing this out there but the elite controller works really well with gears of war 4
> > > i love the ability to be able to bum rush while being able to also dictate the direction I am going while bum rushing
> > >
> > > OT: of course its still a problem it’s been a problem in every halo and nearly every multiplayer game
> >
> >
> > I did briefly try out Gears with it but I much prefer keyboard + mouse for that game. Not sure why I’d ever want to download the Xbox version even though I own it but if I do I’ll use it for sure.
>
>
> Is the windows 10 cross play on both PC and Xbox servers?
> as in if I’m playing on my Xbox will I be matched against PC users?
> I was worried about that aspect of the play anywhere model

No. Cross play only with campaign and horde. Not regular pvp. That would be worrisome if so! This gears is a LOT easier with mouse. Sniping feels broken it’s so easy.

Before blaming people for quitting, it’s worth considering that perhaps they didn’t quit out of choice. I often see people genuinely just disconnect from their current game. Would be nice to see a system implemented that lets people vote to forfeit, like that of Rocket League.

Granted I should be ranked higher in Team Arena, but last night I faced some Onyx ranks, while I am a Plat 4 in the playlist (Slayer is my tryhard playlist)… and they got smoked! Haha…

Nice matching ranking/matching system we have here lol.

> 2533274940891980;7:
> Before blaming people for quitting, it’s worth considering that perhaps they didn’t quit out of choice. I often see people genuinely just disconnect from their current game. Would be nice to see a system implemented that lets people vote to forfeit, like that of Rocket League.

All I can say is I’ve never been disconnected. On the occasional close match it seems that no one quits too. I broken the overwhelming majority of cases it’s due to quitting.

> 2533274873580796;8:
> Granted I should be ranked higher in Team Arena, but last night I faced some Onyx ranks, while I am a Plat 4 in the playlist (Slayer is my tryhard playlist)… and they got smoked! Haha…
>
> Nice matching ranking/matching system we have here lol.

If I had to guess my friend, you are seeing the results of the population getting lower. There is no other reason a Platinum 4 should be playing Onyx level players. Maybe a Plat 6 playing the lowest level Onyx players out there if the Onyx team is having a really bad run, Maybe. But you can expect to see more of it. With Gears and Battlefield. Both of which have gotten great reviews. , you can fully expect the population to drop considerably. I have quit playing Halo. Gears has now taken its place. I know this to be the case for quite a few people. When I want BTB action I will play BF. I have gotten well over 40 “Likes” saying people will leave Halo for BF in a thread a while back. I have never gotten that many likes for any comment I have made. So that tells me a LOT of people will be playing BF. So don’t be surprised if you play Onyxes on a regular basis. But I’ve played with you, you are really good. I’m sure you can handle it.

Of course. O
Played with gold squad (I am not sure, but I don’t think there was a Silver) against Onyx and Diamond. YAY!

I know your pain, OP. It got to the point where I hunted down one of my old Counterstrike: Source clanmates to be my part time wingman.

Still? Uneven matches will get more and more prominent as the population of h5 fades…

My solution is to not play ranked games for multiple reasons, but they do need to bring back social slayer.

> 2533275006282773;1:
> So I haven’t played in a while. Quitters really ruined the game for me. Been playing a bit lately and every match usually ends up as 4v3 or 4v2 in Arena. This is still going on? I really want to enjoy this game but it’s not enjoyable playing one sided matches. Why do people queue up just to quit if they aren’t winning 25 to 5 within 2 minutes?
>
> I even bought an Elite controller after getting hooked on back paddles with my Steam Controller. Now it seems I have nothing to play with this controller! :confused:

What… people searching without a fireteam is still going on? Wow, after all the advice dished out on here, people still expect to get a solid team when queuing solo?

> 2533274792641480;15:
> > 2533275006282773;1:
> > So I haven’t played in a while. Quitters really ruined the game for me. Been playing a bit lately and every match usually ends up as 4v3 or 4v2 in Arena. This is still going on? I really want to enjoy this game but it’s not enjoyable playing one sided matches. Why do people queue up just to quit if they aren’t winning 25 to 5 within 2 minutes?
> >
> > I even bought an Elite controller after getting hooked on back paddles with my Steam Controller. Now it seems I have nothing to play with this controller! :confused:
>
>
> What… people searching without a fireteam is still going on? Wow, after all the advice dished out on here, people still expect to get a solid team when queuing solo?

Not sure what you expect me to do. I have no IRL friends with an Xbox. I have 5 people that I play Destiny with on PS4 and no one on PC that also has Xbox.

> 2533274825101441;10:
> > 2533274873580796;8:
> > Granted I should be ranked higher in Team Arena, but last night I faced some Onyx ranks, while I am a Plat 4 in the playlist (Slayer is my tryhard playlist)… and they got smoked! Haha…
> >
> > Nice matching ranking/matching system we have here lol.
>
>
> If I had to guess my friend, you are seeing the results of the population getting lower. There is no other reason a Platinum 4 should be playing Onyx level players. Maybe a Plat 6 playing the lowest level Onyx players out there if the Onyx team is having a really bad run, Maybe. But you can expect to see more of it. With Gears and Battlefield. Both of which have gotten great reviews. , you can fully expect the population to drop considerably. I have quit playing Halo. Gears has now taken its place. I know this to be the case for quite a few people. When I want BTB action I will play BF. I have gotten well over 40 “Likes” saying people will leave Halo for BF in a thread a while back. I have never gotten that many likes for any comment I have made. So that tells me a LOT of people will be playing BF. So don’t be surprised if you play Onyxes on a regular basis. But I’ve played with you, you are really good. I’m sure you can handle it.

'Appreciate it man! You’re probably right sadly… but I’m not quitting Halo for anything… <3

I’ve been on the receiving and giving end of the uneven matches. Some matches I’m laying the other team and sometimes I don’t have a snowball’s chance in hell. Even matches in my mind are where we are deciding the match by a little bit of team work and the last few kills, those are maybe every 3rd or 4th game I play.

Wouldn’t know, I stopped playing Halo 5’s multiplayer.

That’s probably my xbox crashing in the black loading screen.