Still not convinced Didact is the enemy

Just because the Didact has anger problems doesn’t make him evil. And just because his sign appears in the E3 trailer doesn’t make him an enemy, regardless of the fact that it says “An Ancient Evil Awakens” over the sign. His sign appears in Halo 3 many times in the terminals as well as the Librarian, but they don’t appear to be evil, especially not the Librarian. His anger problems could easily make him act out irrationally, however.

Maybe I missed something somewhere, but I just can’t find a reason big enough for the Didact to completely hate humanity.

Besides, the Didact wouldn’t want all of humanity dead anyway because that would defy the Mantle if he stills believes in it.

Assuming he does, then he will not be the biggest threat to humanity. Something else must be…

There has to be something bigger, something that has a reason to kill humans.

If the Didact still belives in the Mantle, then he is not the enemy. Plus, humans are the Reclaimers. I don’t know everything there is to know abut the Halo universe, but I would think that if humanity was chosen to be the Reclaimers, then the Didact shouldn’t have a huge reason to hate us unless he was against us being the Reclaimers.

Aside from the Precursors, which I’m pretty sure will make an appearance at some point, I can only think of one other…

Faber

Faber doesnt awaken or have anything to do with a Crypyum or Prometheans. And for all we know he is probably dead. Just saying.

Are you guys talking about the orange oracle?

> Faber doesnt awaken or have anything to do with a Crypyum or Prometheans. And for all we know he is probably dead. Just saying.

Does it say anywhere that Faber is dead or was never put into a Crypum? From what I’ve read, he was only removed from Mastr Builder status after nearly killing every San’Shyumm or however you pronounce it.

Are you guys talking about the orange oracle?

Edit: my bad thought messge didn’t send

> Are you guys talking about the orange oracle?
>
> Edit: my bad thought messge didn’t send

The big orange and black orb seen in the E3 demo is a Cryptum.

> > Are you guys talking about the orange oracle?
> >
> > Edit: my bad thought messge didn’t send
>
> The big orange and black orb seen in the E3 demo is a Cryptum.

No, from the archive videos in halo cea.

> > > Are you guys talking about the orange oracle?
> > >
> > > Edit: my bad thought messge didn’t send
> >
> > The big orange and black orb seen in the E3 demo is a Cryptum.
>
> No, from the archive videos in halo cea.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the moniter you speak of is 2401 Penitent Tangent, Moniter of Installation 05, Delta Halo.

We don’t know the names of every moniter.

> Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the moniter you speak of is 2401 Penitent Tangent, Moniter of Installation 05, Delta Halo.
>
> We don’t know the names of every moniter.

penitent tangent sounds like a likely suspect… lol i don’t know.

> > Faber doesnt awaken or have anything to do with a Crypyum or Prometheans. And for all we know he is probably dead. Just saying.
>
> Does it say anywhere that Faber is dead or was never put into a Crypum? From what I’ve read, he was only removed from Mastr Builder status after nearly killing every San’Shyumm or however you pronounce it.

San’Shyuum pronounced san shy youm

> > > > Are you guys talking about the orange oracle?
> > > >
> > > > Edit: my bad thought messge didn’t send
> > >
> > > The big orange and black orb seen in the E3 demo is a Cryptum.
> >
> > No, from the archive videos in halo cea.
>
> Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the moniter you speak of is 2401 Penitent Tangent, Moniter of Installation 05, Delta Halo.
>
> We don’t know the names of every moniter.

Uhh…no it’s not. That’s 049 Abject Testament. 2401PT was likely destroyed along with the Gravemind in Halo 3.

Oh god its so strange that you all have the same avatar…
I thought you were talking to yourself before I saw the name, haha…

@Topic:
The Didact propably is not the Enemy… I just don’t see ANY reason for him to be…
Yes he hated Humans once…
but after meeting Chakas and Riser AND seeing how much they mean to the Librarian I cannot think of ANY reason he would have any hatred towards Humanity…

> > > Faber doesnt awaken or have anything to do with a Crypyum or Prometheans. And for all we know he is probably dead. Just saying.
> >
> > Does it say anywhere that Faber is dead or was never put into a Crypum? From what I’ve read, he was only removed from Mastr Builder status after nearly killing every San’Shyumm or however you pronounce it.
>
> San’Shyumm pronounced san shy uhm

I meant to say spelled lol

I might be wrong, but wasn’t Faber(Master Builder) sent to Installation 7, after he was stripped of his rank. Also, I read in the forums that he used the flood on some humans for his own experiments? But anything can happen, we only got a tiny bit of information.