STILL Haven't Received My LCE

Alright, here’s the story:

On October 6th, I pre-ordered the Halo 5: Guardians Limited Collector’s Edition for a whopping $330 (including tax of course)
I bought mine from EB Games Canada since I live in Canada and thought shipping would be the fastest for me.
Game went gold, and I anxiously waited for a confirmation email that told me the package was on its way to me.
Sadly, the email came on October 22nd, 2 days after I was “supposedly” to receive my package (Thursday). I WAS going to switch my digital code for a physical disk but that’s out the window if I want to play at midnight launch huh?

After some research, the EB Games Canada Warehouse is in Toronto, across the country from where I live. So ideally you would deliver by plane right?
Apparently Purolator (the delivery company) thought it would be wise to send it through by truck, otherwise the package would be in my hands right now the next day the delivery was confirmed (Friday). Now I have to wait for the entire weekend for the package right?
WRONG.
According to the tracking details, the estimated date of delivery is OCTOBER 27TH 2015. Oh, guess what day that is.
THE DAY THE GAME COMES OUT. And I don’t even know exactly what time or even if it comes on that day. Looking at the tracking details, the package hasn’t even checked in at a post office after its departure.

So what? If I get the game the day it comes out, it means that people who wait out in the cold midnight lines will play it before me because the package ain’t coming at midnight and even if it did, downloading digitally takes longer.
Basically, I’m buying the game at launch, only 12 hours after midnight, paying $220 more than everyone else, with the addition of a statue and bunch of other things.
Wasn’t the entire point of giving us the LCE’s a week early was that we could download the game early (or change to physical copies before launch like me)?
I’m hugely disappointed in EB Games’ preparation, Purolator’s delivery, and I don’t even what’s going on, 343 Industries.
I mean, being not able to swap my digital code for a physical disk is one thing, but potentially getting my $330 worth on the day of launch and possibly later is outrageous and I’m totally stumped that this happened.

Can I have some answers? Does anyone else have a similar problem?
Is there seriously nothing I could do about this?!?!

EDIT: I’m not trying to take on 343i with my hands tied behind my back. I know it’s not 343i’s fault and it’s EB Games Canada’s poor policy and Purolator’s stupid preparation but I came here to post with a purpose to voice myself on the forums. I already sent in multiple complaints to them but with no luck.

From what you’ve put, this sounds like the delivery company’s fault not 343’s. You’re better off complaining to the delivery company

It’s a risk you take when ordering anything to be shipped, unless you pay extra for guaranteed 2 day delivery service or somesuch.

Next time don’t go cheap on shipping.

You should’ve ordered from the microsoft store. :D.
I ordered from there and got it way early than expected.
I also live in Canada. And it depends on the delivery company. Fedex, UPS.
And the type of transportation. Either by air or ground.
Did you choose ground? When you ordered it?

That is the problem with EBgames/Gamestop, and not purolator. They will not prep any game prior to release date, their shipping label was printed for the release of the game instead of the release of the console.

343 doesn’t control the shipping buddy. Complain to EB Games, not the Halo forums.

Can afford $330 game

Can’t afford premium delivery

Facepalm.

> 2533274906745123;2:
> From what you’ve put, this sounds like the delivery company’s fault not 343’s. You’re better off complaining to the delivery company

> 2533274859413227;7:
> 343 doesn’t control the shipping buddy. Complain to EB Games, not the Halo forums.

I’m not complaining that it’s 343’s fault.
I already have complained to Purolator ans EB Games Canada by email two/three days ago and haven’t gotten a proper response, or a response at all. I KNOW it’s their fault. I came here to voice myself and see if anyone else had the problem

> 2533274842400114;5:
> You should’ve ordered from the microsoft store. :D.
> I ordered from there and got it way early than expected.
> I also live in Canada. And it depends on the delivery company. Fedex, UPS.
> And the type of transportation. Either by air or ground.
> Did you choose ground? When you ordered it?

Details in the original post.

Learned it the hard way of course, they don’t let you choose which delivery company, it was completely 50/50 between Purolator or Canada Post.

> 2661949065475413;4:
> Next time don’t go cheap on shipping.

> 2533274908722615;8:
> Can afford $330 game
>
> Can’t afford premium delivery
>
> Facepalm.

$279.99 was a price that I almost turned away. But I really wanted to get it so I bought it. $330 is a very large price for me, waay more than what I can usually afford, and I don’t know if you’re aware but international prices in Canada are super crazy right now. And thinking that EB Games Canada would prepare the LCE prior to shipping, I didn’t pay the extra fee.

Sounds like the delivery company’s problem not 343.