STILL getting killed during black screen

I made a thread about this a long time ago during the first months of Halo 4. Someone told me they’re just stress testing the servers and it’ll clear up eventually. Well, it didn’t.

I’m REALLY getting tired of going into the “black screen of death” (host migration) and come back after dying once or twice. It always seems to happen in the worst of times, like when I’m about to cap a base in Dominion or when I have a power weapon I need for commendations.

Why can’t it be like, I dunno, every other shooter where ALL PLAYERS go into and come out of host migration at the exact same time? If a player connects to the new host faster than others, they shouldn’t be able to run around getting free kills. They should have to wait.

Agree.

Nothing else to say.

If you are constantly going black screen in games and other players aren’t, then it is an issue on your end.

As for ‘stress testing servers’, there are no servers that can be stress tested which would cause a black screen, all Halo games with Xbox LIVE options use a peer to peer networking system, meaning black screens are on your end or the hosts.

> If you are constantly going black screen in games and other players aren’t, then it is an issue on your end.
>
> As for ‘stress testing servers’, there are no servers that can be stress tested which would cause a black screen, all Halo games with Xbox LIVE options use a peer to peer networking system, meaning black screens are on your end or the hosts.

Weird, because I’ve had the same connection since Halo 3 and I never remember being the only one going into black screen.

> > If you are constantly going black screen in games and other players aren’t, then it is an issue on your end.
> >
> > As for ‘stress testing servers’, there are no servers that can be stress tested which would cause a black screen, all Halo games with Xbox LIVE options use a peer to peer networking system, meaning black screens are on your end or the hosts.
>
> Weird, because I’ve had the same connection since Halo 3 and I never remember being the only one going into black screen.

Like I said, your end or the hosts end. Halo 3 had a much higher population than Halo 4 so you were able to find a ton more matches were the host was closer to you and all other players.

Hmm…

So I guess the only possible fix for this is to make players who BSoD by themselves become invincible or respawn without a death or something.

I can seem to avoid it if I play in playlists where there is more people in my country.

It’s just Dominion and Capture the Flag and some others where I sometimes find myself with players in various different countries that it happens the most.

Think I’m going back to slayer for awhile with the rest of the Aussies and work on my k/d.

I’m finding the enemy team are jumping by about 100 points almost every time I ever get black screen. But my connection shouldn’t be an issue.

I agree. I went into black screen the other day in a 100% fresh wraith…bout 2 mins later, we all come out of black screen and im on the other side of the map with no wraith and a suicide…

I’ve experienced this countless times. For me it just furthers my suspicion of lag switching.

It’s absolute B.S. to be killed once during blackscreen let alone be killed multiple times during blackscreen.

I was also playing Dominion this weekend, and I was in the middle of a firefight with somebody else, and they just stop dead in their tracks and seconds later run into a wall, while I can still shoot’em!

I felt too bad for the guy to kill’em, but I also received the screen a couple of matches later and ended up with more deaths than I was supposed to have. :confused: