Sticky Plasma noobs

In my opinion, the Plasma Grenade shouldn’t be available for loadout, i’m so sick of these plasma noobs who can do nothing but stick you with plasma grenades… they are really not interested in playing a good match, they won’t even shoot at u the first thing they gonna do is try to stick u with their nades, when they are out of nades they simply try to run away… that’s so noobish they have absolutely no aim all they can do is get close to u and stick u and the sad thing about this is that they really get good at it… however objectively considered don’t u guys think that the classic halo fist battles are totally ruined due to plasma grenade loadout?

Yes, this is a very well known issue, and it has been discussed to death in the Halo Xbox one forum.

Pretty much everyone agrees that Plasma Pistols and Grenades should be taken out of loadouts.

Glad that I’m not the only one

> Yes, this is a very well known issue, and it has been discussed to death in the Halo Xbox one forum.
>
> Pretty much everyone agrees that Plasma Pistols and Grenades should be taken out of loadouts.

No no don’t think that there are many players that agree plasma grenades are a perfectly well balanced grenade with its own strengths and weaknesses that should not at all be removed from loadouts.

I use plasma grenades tactically with my automatic loadouts, to throw at people if im going down as I’m normally close range. Also on certain maps where frag throwing is limited in some way.

Sticking people right before you die is a very good tactic to practice as I have for a number of reasons. For one you trade instead of you just dying, you can take out close range power weapon enemies like swords and shotguns greatly aiding your team (just get back there fast to contest it after respawn) and you get a huge point boost to personal ordnance with a from the grave kill.

It is very skillful pulling it off regularly, what you need to do is aim the throw to where he is strafing. Don’t throw it right at him, throw it at the spot he will be when the grenade arrives.

‘Sticking ppl right b4 u die’

That’s exactly what i hate, u know i understand i u use it against annoying vehicles or if u pick them up from the map… but u can stick just to often with plasma nade loadout… I’ve seen so many ppl who wont even shoot at u, they would just run towards u, knowing they gonna die, try to stick u with their last breath… it’s just ridicoulus and gets me really annoyed

> > Yes, this is a very well known issue, and it has been discussed to death in the Halo Xbox one forum.
> >
> > Pretty much everyone agrees that Plasma Pistols and Grenades should be taken out of loadouts.
>
> No no don’t think that there are many players that agree plasma grenades are a perfectly well balanced grenade with its own strengths and weaknesses that should not at all be removed from loadouts.
>
> I use plasma grenades tactically with my automatic loadouts, to throw at people if im going down as I’m normally close range. Also on certain maps where frag throwing is limited in some way.
>
> Sticking people right before you die is a very good tactic to practice as I have for a number of reasons. For one you trade instead of you just dying, you can take out close range power weapon enemies like swords and shotguns greatly aiding your team (just get back there fast to contest it after respawn) and you get a huge point boost to personal ordnance with a from the grave kill.
>
> It is very skillful pulling it off regularly, what you need to do is aim the throw to where he is strafing. Don’t throw it right at him, throw it at the spot he will be when the grenade arrives.

No. There is absolutely no skill involved in using Plasma nades. Sticking someone at close range takes as much skill as hitting someone at close range with a rifle.

Plasma Grenades probably are the most annoying thing in the game and is the soul reason for why i don’t play Team Slayer. Instead I play playlists in which loadouts are disabled such as SWAT and Snipers or Ricochet in which enemies are less focused on throwing sticky grenades at you but playing the objective. That or I play competitive customs in which the better skilled player wins and I don’t have to deal with all the bs you always praise such as Camo, Jetpack, Plasma nades ect.

You just don’t read what others say do you…

So “noob” has become quite a general term now for people who annoy you, right? I thought it meant “newbie” as in someone new to something.
See, sticking people with a plasma grenade just before they melee you or finish you off is a Halo tradition. They stick for a reason. And why not?
Now, running around the map and only slapping people in the face with plasma grenades is just being a jerk, but taking your enemy down with you, getting a “kill from the grave”, and ruining their kill by adding a point to your team’s score is just good and decent strategy.
I always end up lobbing the grenade over their head and looking desperate and pathetic before I am felled by my enemy.

> > Yes, this is a very well known issue, and it has been discussed to death in the Halo Xbox one forum.
> >
> > Pretty much everyone agrees that Plasma Pistols and Grenades should be taken out of loadouts.
>
> I use plasma grenades tactically with my automatic loadouts, to throw at people if im going down as I’m normally close range. Also on certain maps where frag throwing is limited in some way.
>
> Sticking people right before you die is a very good tactic to practice as I have for a number of reasons. For one you trade instead of you just dying, you can take out close range power weapon enemies like swords and shotguns greatly aiding your team (just get back there fast to contest it after respawn) and you get a huge point boost to personal ordnance with a from the grave kill.

So, you just said that the most annoying thing Plasma nade users can do is tactical and skillful?

Doing that rewards you for dying.
That shouldnt be a thing that rewards you.
When you die, you should realize what you did wrong and how you can prevent that from happening again.
But being a kamikaze-Plasma nade player is nothing more than trying to reward yourself for dying.

And lets not forget how Plasma Nades and Plasma pistol on loadouts ruined Halo 4’s vehicle combat.

> > > Yes, this is a very well known issue, and it has been discussed to death in the Halo Xbox one forum.
> > >
> > > Pretty much everyone agrees that Plasma Pistols and Grenades should be taken out of loadouts.
> >
> > I use plasma grenades tactically with my automatic loadouts, to throw at people if im going down as I’m normally close range. Also on certain maps where frag throwing is limited in some way.
> >
> > Sticking people right before you die is a very good tactic to practice as I have for a number of reasons. For one you trade instead of you just dying, you can take out close range power weapon enemies like swords and shotguns greatly aiding your team (just get back there fast to contest it after respawn) and you get a huge point boost to personal ordnance with a from the grave kill.
>
> So, you just said that the most annoying thing Plasma nade users can do is tactical and skillful?
>
> Doing that rewards you for dying.
> That shouldnt be a thing that rewards you.
> When you die, you should realize what you did wrong and how you can prevent that from happening again.
> But being a kamikaze-Plasma nade player is nothing more than trying to reward yourself for dying.
>
> And lets not forget how Plasma Nades and Plasma pistol on loadouts ruined Halo 4’s vehicle combat.

If my death is inevitable, but I can stick you and take you down with me … not doing that out of some weird code of honor is detrimental to my team.
And it doesn’t matter if that plasma grenade came in a loadout or was found on the ground.
It also doesn’t matter which Halo game we’re talking about. That’s what sticky grenades are for! Why do you think they stick to things?
I remember the first time I got stuck with a sticky grenade by a friend in Combat Evolved and I shouted “That is Bulls#!t!” once I realized I couldn’t get away from it. But that was like 9 Halos ago.

And as far as vehicles go, it’s nice to finally be able to put an end to people booming around the map in warthogs and banshees for the entire match racking up dozens of kills and being nigh unstoppable. It was terribly unbalanced.

> So “noob” has become quite a general term now for people who annoy you, right? I thought it meant “newbie” as in someone new to something.
> See, sticking people with a plasma grenade just before they melee you or finish you off is a Halo tradition. They stick for a reason. And why not?
> Now, running around the map and only slapping people in the face with plasma grenades is just being a jerk, but taking your enemy down with you, getting a “kill from the grave”, and ruining their kill by adding a point to your team’s score is just good and decent strategy.
> I always end up lobbing the grenade over their head and looking desperate and pathetic before I am felled by my enemy.

You’re completely missing the point.

It’s not the sticking itself that is the problem. It’s that you spawn with the opportunity to do so every life, and it requires no effort to at least go pick them up off the map.

Also, it’s a crutch for bad players to get trades with. It really slows their ability to get better, because in they rationalize in their brain that they did something good. But in reality, they just need to get better at playing with a standard loadout.

> > > > Yes, this is a very well known issue, and it has been discussed to death in the Halo Xbox one forum.
> > > >
> > > > Pretty much everyone agrees that Plasma Pistols and Grenades should be taken out of loadouts.
> > >
> > > I use plasma grenades tactically with my automatic loadouts, to throw at people if im going down as I’m normally close range. Also on certain maps where frag throwing is limited in some way.
> > >
> > > Sticking people right before you die is a very good tactic to practice as I have for a number of reasons. For one you trade instead of you just dying, you can take out close range power weapon enemies like swords and shotguns greatly aiding your team (just get back there fast to contest it after respawn) and you get a huge point boost to personal ordnance with a from the grave kill.
> >
> > So, you just said that the most annoying thing Plasma nade users can do is tactical and skillful?
> >
> > Doing that rewards you for dying.
> > That shouldnt be a thing that rewards you.
> > When you die, you should realize what you did wrong and how you can prevent that from happening again.
> > But being a kamikaze-Plasma nade player is nothing more than trying to reward yourself for dying.
> >
> > And lets not forget how Plasma Nades and Plasma pistol on loadouts ruined Halo 4’s vehicle combat.
>
> If my death is inevitable, but I can stick you and take you down with me … not doing that out of some weird code of honor is detrimental to my team.
> And it doesn’t matter if that plasma grenade came in a loadout or was found on the ground.
> It also doesn’t matter which Halo game we’re talking about. That’s what sticky grenades are for! Why do you think they stick to things?
> I remember the first time I got stuck with a sticky grenade by a friend in Combat Evolved and I shouted “That is Bulls#!t!” once I realized I couldn’t get away from it. But that was like 9 Halos ago.
>
> And as far as vehicles go, it’s nice to finally be able to put an end to people booming around the map in warthogs and banshees for the entire match racking up dozens of kills and being nigh unstoppable. It was terribly unbalanced.

My thoughts exactly.

Also I would add there are other uses for plasma grenades than smartly and skillfully trading instead of just dying. For example when two enemies are coming my way and I know it would be in my best interests to retreat, I’ll throw a plasma or two at them first.

I really enjoy the grenade meta in halo 4. Each of the three grenades are all very useful in their own ways and I’m frequently torn over which to use.

You guys should play Halo 4 through on LASO. 2 AWESOME things i got out of it that have VASTLY improved my multi-player game.

Melee and dodging Plasma Grenades.

Due to Tilt, Mythic and Black eye, the ONLY real way to kill elites and promethians effectively is with an assassination (animated or non animated). Once you play through the whole campaign you get very effective at moving and meleeing. Something i struggled a bit with if a player jumped above me out of sight or something similar.

The second part of that is the catch skull. Nade after nade after nade, which is actually to your advantage. As an elite throws a plasma grenade, you run straight for him, dodging his nades. Once you get behind him, BOOM. You become very proficient at dodging nades. I think its a confidence thing. At first i would run WAY too wide and never make it to him in time before he came out of his grenade throwing animation. Then you learn just how close you can actually go without getting stuck. It brings up your confidence when they are being thrown at you.

I have only been stuck twice in the last month. One i didnt even see and was a bit of a Hail Mary, the other was a super lucky shot and was my bad as i was way too close (going for shotty kill).

Still 2 times after playing everyday ranging from 1 - 5 hours isnt bad i dont think. Mind you i have ‘walked’ over a few, but i dont count that as getting stuck, just not being aware enough…

TBH, i’m a big fan of the Plasma Grenade b/c it does a lot of wonders, but I use other grenades as well. However, it should remain in loadouts, but limit to 1 once you start. At first, I wanted it to be 2 plasmas, 2 frags, 2 Pulses, but I began to think twice about it, and noticed its use is pretty much “abused” since its widely used over Pulse and Frag.

> TBH, i’m a big fan of the Plasma Grenade b/c it does a lot of wonders, but I use other grenades as well. However, it should remain in loadouts, but limit to 1 once you start. At first, I wanted it to be 2 plasmas, 2 frags, 2 Pulses, but I began to think twice about it, and noticed its use is pretty much “abused” since its widely used over Pulse and Frag.

I never use them… I will pick them up from in map, but i always carry a PP for vehicles. They dont bounce around walls or corners, i can go 1v2 and come out a winner with frags… Cant really do that with Plasmas unless you have direct line of sight (when coming up V2 you have probably already lost if they can both see you clearly).

> In my opinion, the Plasma Grenade shouldn’t be available for loadout, i’m so sick of these plasma noobs who can do nothing but stick you with plasma grenades… they are really not interested in playing a good match, they won’t even shoot at u the first thing they gonna do is try to stick u with their nades, when they are out of nades they simply try to run away… that’s so noobish they have absolutely no aim all they can do is get close to u and stick u and the sad thing about this is that they really get good at it… however objectively considered don’t u guys think that the classic halo fist battles are totally ruined due to plasma grenade loadout?

^this

I absolutely hate plasma grenades and facepalm myself whenever someone tries to use their stickies as a primary weapon. Especially when you two shot them with the BR and go for the melee and they’re going to be dead no matter what and they just decide to stick you at the last moment. I have consciously avoided using stickies in matchmaking because of how much I hate getting killed by them.

There needs to be some sort of counter or nerf implemented. Perfectly executing a melee only to be rewarded with an instant death is just so frustrating.

Maybe drop the default spawn amount to one, or enable us to somehow un-stick ourselves through the use of some sort of skillful tactic?

Maybe we should just set it so that ALL grenades disappear when their owner dies/respawns?

Oh, come on, guys, it’s not THAT bad!

I mean, sure, suicide stickies are a -Yoink- pain, but it’s not like you wouldn’t see them coming. Just shoot them at range, that negates a lot of suiciders. Not all, but a lot.
>=D

Stickies used too often? Well, I have checked several statistics, and they match my personal experience that FRAGS are spammed like mad. Stieckies are slow and short-ranged, but there are frags everywhere, with no chance of dodging a whole field of them. That’s not an issue 1v1, where stickies annoy, but how often do you play 1v1? When there are six frags headed your way, you know something’s up!
(x_x)

Vehicular combat isn’t ruined. Play Big Team. The whole match focuses solely on getting vehicles, crushing them, getting the new one. There is no team-shooting or Ghandi-hopping or map control left, it’s solely about the vehicles. Only exception is Setller, which I figure is why many people hate it. That hill is how Halo used to be in the old days.
nostalgic sigh

So, my conclusion.
I want them as pickups. Plain and simple, they should not be suicide options and they should be used to counter vehicles as the primary means. BUT I also want to have the amount of vehicles reduced, and in return beefed up their hitpoints slightly. Basically, just how H3 handled it.
I still stick to my nades, as I shoot vehicles to trash or their respective drivers/gunners, and the frag is just immensely more deadly in skilled hands against their intended targets.
I see it like this, give us ONE frag or TWO pulses, make stickies PICKUPS. No more frag spam, pulses are a bit weak, that’s fine and stickies will again be used against vehicles.
d(^_^)

> > > > Yes, this is a very well known issue, and it has been discussed to death in the Halo Xbox one forum.
> > > >
> > > > Pretty much everyone agrees that Plasma Pistols and Grenades should be taken out of loadouts.
> > >
> > > I use plasma grenades tactically with my automatic loadouts, to throw at people if im going down as I’m normally close range. Also on certain maps where frag throwing is limited in some way.
> > >
> > > Sticking people right before you die is a very good tactic to practice as I have for a number of reasons. For one you trade instead of you just dying, you can take out close range power weapon enemies like swords and shotguns greatly aiding your team (just get back there fast to contest it after respawn) and you get a huge point boost to personal ordnance with a from the grave kill.
> >
> > So, you just said that the most annoying thing Plasma nade users can do is tactical and skillful?
> >
> > Doing that rewards you for dying.
> > That shouldnt be a thing that rewards you.
> > When you die, you should realize what you did wrong and how you can prevent that from happening again.
> > But being a kamikaze-Plasma nade player is nothing more than trying to reward yourself for dying.
> >
> > And lets not forget how Plasma Nades and Plasma pistol on loadouts ruined Halo 4’s vehicle combat.
>
> If my death is inevitable, but I can stick you and take you down with me … not doing that out of some weird code of honor is detrimental to my team.
> And it doesn’t matter if that plasma grenade came in a loadout or was found on the ground.
> It also doesn’t matter which Halo game we’re talking about. That’s what sticky grenades are for! Why do you think they stick to things?
> I remember the first time I got stuck with a sticky grenade by a friend in Combat Evolved and I shouted “That is Bulls#!t!” once I realized I couldn’t get away from it. But that was like 9 Halos ago.
>
> And as far as vehicles go, it’s nice to finally be able to put an end to people booming around the map in warthogs and banshees for the entire match racking up dozens of kills and being nigh unstoppable. It was terribly unbalanced.

I think you misunderstood me.
I have nothing against Plasma nades. Infact, i love using them, because of fun they are to use.
But, what i dont like is using them as a last resort to get a cheap kill. This wasnt such a huge problem in the past Halo games since you couldnt spawn with them normally.
But now when you can, people are using them most of the time as kamikaze-nades. That is what i dont like.

And for vehicles being ‘‘unbalanced’’, you do know that your team also has vehicles that they can use to take the enemy vehicles down? And plasma nades and pistols spawn on the map. You could use those…

> Oh, come on, guys, it’s not THAT bad!
>
> I mean, sure, suicide stickies are a Yoink! pain, but it’s not like you wouldn’t see them coming. <mark>Just shoot them at range, that negates a lot of suiciders.</mark> Not all, but a lot.
> >=D
>
> Stickies used too often? Well, I have checked several statistics, and they match my personal experience that FRAGS are spammed like mad. Stieckies are slow and short-ranged, but there are frags everywhere, with no chance of dodging a whole field of them. That’s not an issue 1v1, where stickies annoy, but how often do you play 1v1? When there are six frags headed your way, you know something’s up!
> (x_x)
>
> <mark>Vehicular combat isn’t ruined.</mark> Play Big Team. The whole match focuses solely on getting vehicles, crushing them, getting the new one. There is no team-shooting or Ghandi-hopping or map control left, it’s solely about the vehicles. Only exception is Setller, which I figure is why many people hate it. That hill is how Halo used to be in the old days.
> nostalgic sigh
>
> So, my conclusion.
> I want them as pickups. Plain and simple, they should not be suicide options and they should be used to counter vehicles as the primary means. BUT I also want to have the amount of vehicles reduced, and in return beefed up their hitpoints slightly. Basically, just how H3 handled it.
> I still stick to my nades, as I shoot vehicles to trash or their respective drivers/gunners, and the frag is just immensely more deadly in skilled hands against their intended targets.
> I see it like this, give us ONE frag or TWO pulses, make stickies PICKUPS. No more frag spam, pulses are a bit weak, that’s fine and stickies will again be used against vehicles.
> d(^_^)

1)The problem isn’t when they are at a distance, it’s when you go in to execute the melee where they just punish you for doing so.

1. Vehicular combat may not be “ruined” but it is certainly impeded, you shouldn’t be able to kill a warthog that is at full health right off your spawn. Mix the plasma pistol with the plasma grenades then there is practically no point in using the mantis/tank either.

Note: I’m not trying so sound angry or like an arrogant player, but I really dislike stickies, I appreciate that you’re just voicing your opinion and am not trying to start an argument :slight_smile:

On the topic of vehicles and taking them out, how come the gauss hog has better armor plating for the gunner?

I must have put atleast 6 DMR shot’s into what i figured was your head today Hard Boyled, before you got me with that hog. Every other hog has a substantial gap for easy head shots… Way to make the gauss even more OP.

Before people ask, it was stationary so it wasn’t my ‘bad aim.’