Sticky grenades shouldn't be in the Loadout

I’ve never been a fan of Plasma grenades, not in Halo 4, not in Reach, not in any of the Halo games. But I’ve always been able to cope with them, as they were only a pick up. But now that they’re in the load out,everyone uses them, making frags nullified. Not only that, but close range combat has devolved into 1. Run up 2. Throw Sticky on Enemy 3. Profit. Why should I bother using a clip of my Assault Rifle ammo when I can just stick him and save ammo, and avoid him retaliating at all? Even worse, stickies take no skill to use. It’s horrid. Also vehicles. Every time I’m in a tank, EVERY TIME, I get 5-6 plasmas stuck to me and immanently get destroyed. How is that fair? They didn’t earn those grenades, didn’t find them. The game just gave them out.

This situation here, this makes me rage like nothing else: Get shotgun, hide in bush and wait for prey to approach. Find prey, fire, take out shields. Kill him, but not before he’s able to throw a sticky. And I’m dead. Who played out that situation better? Who practiced better strategies? Who was more tactical?

It can’t just be me noticing this.

How do they nullify frags?

Agreed.

Stickies being given as starting weapons really do hurt some aspects of the game. But you know, at least we had AL in Reach when all the Elites just threw plasmas.

Plasma pistols shouldn’t be given as starting weapons either.

They’re better than frags. Frags can clear a room, sometimes, but plasmas = dominating at close range.

Remember the good old days when it was fun to get in a vehicle?

Play Team Throwdown.
Problem solved.

/thread

Unless you want to still complain.

Plasma grenades at spawn is a problem? Let’s see… what else can you have at spawn:

Hardlight shield

Thruster pack

Jet Pack

Shield upgrade

Mobility

Just off the top of my head.

Plus, if you keep finding yourself the object of multiple plasma grenade attacks, I would think you would anticipate that and play accordingly (the definition of “adapt”).

They are a crutch for horrid kids so they can go 6-25 instead of 2-30. Whilesomeone is shooting you and you clearly have no chance to kill them because you can’t aim a gun, just spam plasma nades for the suicide stick.

> Play Team Throwdown.
> Problem solved.
>
> /thread
>
> Unless you want to still complain.

OH I SEE! They added a big team vehicle gametype to throwdown! Sweet! Now I can warthog it up without being immediately spammed with covy grenades and pistol shots!

edit: they should actually make a no custom loadout, no PO big team variant though…

Pulse Grenades are better. If you get stuck just throw it at your feet in close range. You may go down but they’re coming with you.

Remove them, the plasma pistol and the boltshot and loadouts will be fine ( or copeable with the community)

> Pulse Grenades are better. If you get stuck just throw it at your feet in close range. You may go down but they’re coming with you.

Shame that you only get one instead of two you should only get one plasma grenade if they have to keep it in loadouts

> Remember the good old days when it was fun to get in a vehicle?

> Play Team Throwdown.
> Problem solved.
>
> /thread
>

Yeah cause we all enjoy running around with no motion tracker…

I do get kind of tired when two plasma grenades are pelted at my face the second I come close to someone every other time in Regicide.

If it were up to me I would slightly increase the damage of the plasma grenade but limit the load-out capacity to 1.

They aren’t a crutch. But I agree, they shouldn’t be starter, I liked finding them and picking them up, it made halo different. But now you have one nade loadout and thats it. Stickies are actually harder to use than in previous games, and they balance out as they can’t kill instantly, unless on a stick kill, or low health. Frag grenades kill quicker. There are plenty of ways to dodge stickies, one being thruster to the left or right.

Not a fan of personal load outs in general. Stickies, Plasma pistols, Boltshot all should never be in starting load out.

> Remember the good old days when it was fun to get in a vehicle?

Nope. I suck using them. :stuck_out_tongue:

> Play Team Throwdown.
> Problem solved.
>
> /thread
>

If 343 had BTB with Team Throwdown settings then yes I’d rather play that than Infinity BTB.

> Agreed.
>
> Stickies being given as starting weapons really do hurt some aspects of the game. But you know, at least we had AL in Reach when all the Elites just threw plasmas.
>
> Plasma pistols shouldn’t be given as starting weapons either.

The great part of stickies is in close quarters if you see someone with a sword or you are about to be killed by somebody with an automatic weapon you can stick them in the few seconds you have before dying. It’s cheap and highly effective, I’ve gotten so many Hail Mary!/Kill from the graves using this method in Regicide.

It sucks the most when you are in btb and someone sticks the hog or tank, and all you need is someone with grenadier and explosives to ruin your day. Same goes for Plasma Pistols. The only gametype it should be a starting weapon is if it’s the only weapon you can use on that map.