Stick with normal XP progression!

Hi all

Been trying not to let it get to me but the more i think about it the more it annoys me that we are only going to progress and gain xp in multiplayer by completing challenges i genuinely believe previous halo games xp progression system was fine and does not need changed so drastically 343 need to just stop trying to change everything especially things that have always worked fine and never been a issue with the comunity! I thought infinite was meant to go back to the halo roots yet all we have heard since they revealed info on the game is constant changes that fans arent happy with! Take the radar issue for example! Just let us earn xp for kills and medals and completing objectives like capture the flag and finishing matches etc and just use this challenge xp system to earn bonus xp i dont want to be going into games and having to concentrate more on challenges to benefit myself than focusing on helping my team mates win the match cause thats going to be what happens in team based games it will turn them into a free all! 343 just needs to stop trying to change everything with halo!!

Honestly they should just do what Fortnite does. Ranked and then the season pass levels. Every season that rank resets and then ranked is separate. But we don’t know what they have in store right now, so we’ll have to wait and see. Be positive. Quit complaining till it comes out. 343 listens to the people.

So long as there are constant daily challenges to complete, and the challenge system is not broken, I’m content with the new way. I want to have fun, not grind forever to hit the final xp level like in halo 5.

As long we have daily challenges then yes

From what I’ve been reading, the flight’s system was not only bugged, but not fully representative of their supposed final system. If I’m not mistaken, we’ll be getting simple challenges like “complete a match” that just loop over and over again instead of match XP.

It kind of makes you think how the sole focus on XP was built for the battle pass system with no thought on overall progression….just progression through the battle pass.

Even though we get unlimited challenges for completing x amount of matches still doesn’t sit right with me, I hope we get some sort of progression towards a level and not just the battle pass…

> 2535472923259036;5:
> From what I’ve been reading, the flight’s system was not only bugged, but not fully representative of their supposed final system. If I’m not mistaken, we’ll be getting simple challenges like “complete a match” that just loop over and over again instead of match XP.

Why go through that extra step instead of just having both?

> 2533274819849725;2:
> Honestly they should just do what Fortnite does. Ranked and then the season pass levels. Every season that rank resets and then ranked is separate. But we don’t know what they have in store right now, so we’ll have to wait and see. Be positive. Quit complaining till it comes out. 343 listens to the people.

Yeah, that is the point who people need to know, 343 really listen to the people, and that makes that they can give us a satisfying experience. I felt that now I’m been playing Halo MCC, and compared when they released, I saw good changes in that game.

> 2533274816257608;3:
> So long as there are constant daily challenges to complete, and the challenge system is not broken, I’m content with the new way. I want to have fun, not grind forever to hit the final xp level like in halo 5.

They need to make max rank not impossible to get like MCC’s and not as long as H5’s.

> 2533274819849725;2:
> Honestly they should just do what Fortnite does. Ranked and then the season pass levels. Every season that rank resets and then ranked is separate. But we don’t know what they have in store right now, so we’ll have to wait and see. Be positive. Quit complaining till it comes out. 343 listens to the people.

Lol…

> 2535436557871072;10:
> > 2533274816257608;3:
> > So long as there are constant daily challenges to complete, and the challenge system is not broken, I’m content with the new way. I want to have fun, not grind forever to hit the final xp level like in halo 5.
>
> They need to make max rank not impossible to get like MCC’s and not as long as H5’s.
>
>
> > 2533274819849725;2:
> >

I’m thinking that ‘max rank’ is not a thing in Infinite.

> 2533274816257608;11:
> > 2535436557871072;10:
> > > 2533274816257608;3:
> > > So long as there are constant daily challenges to complete, and the challenge system is not broken, I’m content with the new way. I want to have fun, not grind forever to hit the final xp level like in halo 5.
> >
> > They need to make max rank not impossible to get like MCC’s and not as long as H5’s.
> >
> >
> > > 2533274819849725;2:
> > >
>
> I’m thinking that ‘max rank’ is not a thing in Infinite.

Good point

> 2533274819984192;8:
> > 2535472923259036;5:
> > From what I’ve been reading, the flight’s system was not only bugged, but not fully representative of their supposed final system. If I’m not mistaken, we’ll be getting simple challenges like “complete a match” that just loop over and over again instead of match XP.
>
> Why go through that extra step instead of just having both?

There are just some questions that 343i won’t answer lmao

It’s alarming people are so obsessed with progression and levelling systems. It’s a game, not a job. Worry about stuff like core gameplay and level design, stuff that really matters.

> 2533274816257608;3:
> So long as there are constant daily challenges to complete, and the challenge system is not broken, I’m content with the new way. I want to have fun, not grind forever to hit the final xp level like in halo 5.

That’s what it turns into through with this new system. People can’t just enjoy the game, they have to actively seek the objective for any kind of exp.

> 2533274809988140;6:
> It kind of makes you think how the sole focus on XP was built for the battle pass system with no thought on overall progression….just progression through the battle pass.

Good we don’t need progression outside the battle passes.

I feel that the challenge system will make MEME tier games where your teamates wont ptfo at all, because they will be desperate to complete their challenges.

> 2533274816257608;3:

Yeah. I also think that everyone progressing via challenges, which have hard-set XP they give you, is better than the kind of XP where it largely feels like RNG with how much you get per match. I’d like to know exactly how many matches I have to play and how much XP I have till the next level. In other games, playing a match and thinking that it’ll get me that next level and I’ll be done for the day, but it gets me to the 99.99999% mark instead, that feels bad.

They said that they don’t want Halo Infinite’s battle passes to feel like a job. In my opinion, them making it so that they never expire and you always have a clear picture of how much you have to play to get those battle pass ranks with no RNG “Match Complete, +587XP” stuff is a really good way to accomplish that.

I’d be happy if they had the Battlepass progression alongside a ‘global rank’ or xp system as well.

Reach, 4 and 5 all launched with a global xp system, and MCC got one added in due to popular demand.

Not having a global XP system would be such an oversight.

[edit]

New Inside Infinite blog - no global XP system.

F.