Steve Downes Retired - Who'll replace him?

Steve Downes announced his retirement. So will he reprise his roll as Master Chief in Halo 6? Or will someone else take his place? Or will he finally transcend?

As Fero/Maya did in the newest Hunt The Truth episode

What the hell are you talking about?

Source please?

If 343 knew that he was wanting to retire then they should have found a way to kill the chief off in H5. Steve Downes voice IS the master chief, so without his voice then I have no interest in playing the character again.

> 2533274807544947;1:
> Steve Downes announced his retirement. So will he reprise his roll as Master Chief in Halo 6? Or will someone else take his place? Or will he finally transcend?
>
>
> As Fero/Maya did in the newest Hunt The Truth episode

Pictures or it did not happen

Bull Sh*T!

> 2533274834403638;3:
> Source please?

Yes I did.

It was said in Halo Live on launch night, I believe. But I’m not sure if that means he’s retiring from playing the Chief, he might just be retired from his regular career as a DJ.

If I were 343, I’dve had him under contract until the soonest game they expect the Chief’s story arc might end.

If you guy’s didn’t already know look on YouTube. He was also a radio station host and he retired from that job sillys

> 2533274807544947;1:
> Steve Downes announced his retirement. So will he reprise his roll as Master Chief in Halo 6? Or will someone else take his place? Or will he finally transcend?
>
>
> As Fero/Maya did in the newest Hunt The Truth episode

Pretty sure he just retired from his career as a DJ. I honestly don’t think he’s leaving Halo. He loves the role and makes way too much money not to do it anymore. If we are going to go down this road though, the only acceptable (barely) substitute would be Steve Blum.

If steve downes is infact retiring and not even doing Halo anymore. Get Karl Urban and make him do a version of Judge Dredd. That was the best, it would be awesome hearing that voice against/with the other great voice actors they’ve got now.

not that steve downed didn’t do/isn’t doing an amazing job.

This is a pretty old thread and IIRC, consensus is that he retired from his DJ job, not necessarily voice acting.