STEAM or MICROSOFT STORE

Hi everyone, I want to preorder the game in PC but I want to use this account to play the game and get my achievements. Does anyone know if I purchase the game in Steam I can still use my account (Microsoft one) to log in the game?

yes with steam you are able to login with your xbox gamertag and play with your xbox friends.
same thing with all other xbox games such as gears, forza, halo mcc and etc…

Yes, the Steam version will earn you all the same achievements that the Microsoft Store version will. If you earn the achievements on the Steam version for instance, then also have the game on Xbox, then you can literally look at the games achievements on your Xbox, and the list will be identical to what Steam shows. Microsoft games require a Microsoft account to even work, and since your achievements are connected to your Microsoft account, any platform you use your account to access Infinite from will have your synced achievements.

Okay thanks!! So much appreciated :slight_smile:

Steam all the way!

I really don’t like the Microsoft Store Interface.
The User Experience is not optimized.

They should bring out a new design.

> 2533274949057521;5:
> Steam all the way!
>
> I really don’t like the Microsoft Store Interface.
> The User Experience is not optimized.
>
> They should bring out a new design.

Agreed, they have actually redesigned the Microsoft Store User Interface (UI) for Windows 11. My issue is not with the UI though but with the file management for Microsoft store apps/games. They have the install folders so locked down that in order to move a game from 1 drive to another you cant drag and drop in file explorer, you have to use the clunky UI, and if you want to take the game files to transfer to another one of your computers you cant, if you back up the game files for an easy restore after wiping your computer and reinstalling windows you cant, it will force to to re-download the whole game even though you already have the files. Steam has none of those issues, and most of the time just works as a user friendly program should. As such any game that I plan a going back to again and again throughout the years, I will always choose Steam over Microsoft store for ease of management. Something like Forza 5 though I would not mind getting on the Microsoft store as I will play it for a few months then pretty much never touch it again.

GOG gaming all in one place.

to OP though Halo infinite going to be using your xbox account weather you use Microsoft store or steam so wouldn’t really matter if you pick either one.

Steam, i dont play PC, but have you seen the steam “switch”? play halo anywhere

> 2533274949057521;5:
> Steam all the way!
>
> I really don’t like the Microsoft Store Interface.
> The User Experience is not optimized.
>
> They should bring out a new design.

Windows 11 thankfully might change this with their new store.

Steam for sure, especially if you intend to play other games on PC, since Steam is so widely used.

Great, but i have one question, if i buy the campaign on microsoft store, can i still play the campaign through steam?

> 2535464095183939;11:
> Great, but i have one question, if i buy the campaign on microsoft store, can i still play the campaign through steam?

The reason being is that I have Xbox Credit, and i would prefer to use that over than paying the full thing

> 2535464095183939;12:
> > 2535464095183939;11:
> > Great, but i have one question, if i buy the campaign on microsoft store, can i still play the campaign through steam?
>
> The reason being is that I have Xbox Credit, and i would prefer to use that over than paying the full thing

I think games carry from steam to the Xbox app but not the other way around. You can view/play games in your Xbox library that you purchased through steam, but I don’t think you can play games that you purchased through the Xbox app on steam. The only downside to that would be not having access to the steam workshop, but there is no telling if mod support will even be in halo infinite. Even if it is, it may be managed through the Xbox app like Fallout 4 rather than through steam workshop. I would purchase the game through Steam to have the accessibility of both platforms, but I am sure you can use those credits to purchase in-game content after release since the game can also be managed through the Xbox app

Side note: Also I think that the Xbox app looks and feels great on windows 11. They are really pushing to be THE game hub for pc players and its starting to show

Game Pass PC, So I guess Microsoft store for me.

Steam preferably, microsoft if you are using gamepass

> 2535455323713074;1:
> Hi everyone, I want to preorder the game in PC but I want to use this account to play the game and get my achievements. Does anyone know if I purchase the game in Steam I can still use my account (Microsoft one) to log in the game?

also yes, halo infinite, like mcc, requires you to use your microsoft account to play

my experience with microsoft store for halo mcc pc was an absolute nightmare, due to microsoft store failure i have to download this 135gb monster at least 4 times,
and i live in a place where internet speed is 4.5mb/s…