Stating/Service Record

for those who dont know kids who have service records of like 8 to 1 kill/death ratio are more then likly staters. Which is where your team picks an objective game type and have the game pretty much won. Example: like in capture the flag when you have 2/3 flags capture and you have the other one in your base but don’t score it so your team mates can get kills(stat) till time runs which can be like anywhere from 6-8mins just slaying the enemy which in my opinion ruins the game.

but dont get me wrong i am guilty of doing this plenty of times. but i know this really ruins the game for the other players on the team who do get stat’ed. which is why i do believe something needs to be done. I did come up with few ideas maybe blocking service records so only you can see your own service record. or punishing those who stat. or any other idea someone can come up with.

but honestly i have been a victom of this and i know when i get stat’ed on i end up not wanting to play halo for the rest of night. i dont mind losing a game. and im not a quitter. but i feel something needs to be done about this.

Getting kills in objectives games until time runs out isn’t a bannable offense, or even a trackable one. There’s nothing to fix.

Statting will exist as long as leaderboards and service records exist. And I would rather not lose either of them because a couple people take it too seriously. Any good player will never let a statter live it down anyways. I call them out every time I see them.

Here’s one thing that could help:

In the next halo game, reverse the H4 situation; make CSR visible in game and KD only visible on Waypoint. That way people will stop playing for their KD and might actually play to win. And perhaps it will lower the frequency of getting caught in a game where the stronger team stat-pad over the weaker one.

Another idea would be to make the game save your KD to your Service Record only for slayer gametypes since its where its most relevant. So even if you play capture the flag and go 46-2, it won’t register to your KD at all.

Halo 3 had in game ranks, and KD was meaningless in that game to me. All that mattered was my Highest Skill Achieved.

soon as they stop tracking kill/death ratios and only win/loss ratios it will be mostly fixed. im mostly an objective player and cant stand when someone would rather camp a doorway than go after the oddball or flag.

I’m well aware of what you’re talking about. And it is what it is. You can’t stop people from stating. Unfortunately if the team you’re playing against is that much better, then they dictate the pace of the game. The only answer is to either leave the game or be good enough to prevent the other team from stating on you. Those are really the only options you have if you run into these situations.

Honestly if the stats on you’re record didn’t show kill/death then maybe it wouldn’t happen as much. But as long as there is some way of tracking those stats even on this site, stating will continue.

It’s not like statting is against the rules or cheating in any way, I agree, it can get annoying but there’ll never be a fix to it, especially because it’s such a small percentage of the population that does it.

> Here’s one thing that could help:
>
> Another idea would be to make the game save your KD to your Service Record only for slayer gametypes since its where its most relevant. So even if you play capture the flag and go 46-2, it won’t register to your KD at all.
>
> Halo 3 had in game ranks, and KD was meaningless in that game to me. All that mattered was my Highest Skill Achieved.

i love that idea about only showing Slayer game type kills and deaths and how about maybe for objective types have added to our service record like flag captures oddball time and king of the hill time total accumulated etc. so this way youll have to focus on the win for the gametype your playing rather then the stating for kills.

Example Service Record

2,500 games played
2,000 games won
22,000 kills
15,000 deaths
Flags Captured 253
Odd Ball Time 2 hours & 54 mins
King of the hill Time 1 hour & 25mins
ETC.

and i agree bud im a halo 2 veteran back then it was all about the win and we look at K/D only if we lost a game to know who to blame lol.

Waypoint tracks gametype KDs individually. This means that even if somebody stat pads a ridiculous amount in CTF you can still see just their Slayer KD to get a decent sense of their ability. Waypoint also tracks the top weapons, so if somebody has a KD of 4 in Slayer but they ONLY use Banshee/Scorpion/Sniper, and refuse to do anything else unless they have these, then everybody else is able to see that.

At the end of the day this is a game, and we should play in a manner which is most enjoyable to us. I’ve been going into Team Snipers a lot (CSR 40 atm) and I’ve gotten considerably better but it has really taken a toll on my KD as it is a lot harder to win games with over twice the kills as deaths. Yeah it has hurt my KD, but I’ve had fun playing Snipers and improving.

If somebody spawn traps you and doesn’t intend to play the objective, you could always just quit.

i hate it , that there are so many ppl who always worry about their K/D in the first place. though u have to differentiate between actual statters (who will most likely appear in CTF and ricochet) and those who are simply good players having a nice K/D because of that. ( i mean like 1.00 to max. 3.00, and not 8.whatever). since i realized that statters will most likely appear in objective gametypes, i rather play team slayer.
i’m sick of players who judge your skill only looking at your K/D. like when u have 50 000 kills and 30 000 deaths u’re a bad player and when u have 25 000 kills and 5 000 deaths u’re a good player. it doesn’t reflect your skill at all, but what it does reflect is your playstyle and tactical behaviour ( like if u are more a sniper or tactical waiting player, or a rusher) there are many skilled guys in rushing, certainly!

however, my idea is only making kills visible in game along with CSR, while the the K/D is only shown on waypoint.

> Here’s one thing that could help:
>
> In the next halo game, reverse the H4 situation; make CSR visible in game and KD only visible on Waypoint. That way people will stop playing for their KD and might actually play to win. And perhaps it will lower the frequency of getting caught in a game where the stronger team stat-pad over the weaker one.
>
> Another idea would be to make the game save your KD to your Service Record only for slayer gametypes since its where its most relevant. So even if you play capture the flag and go 46-2, it won’t register to your KD at all.
>
> Halo 3 had in game ranks, and KD was meaningless in that game to me. All that mattered was my Highest Skill Achieved.

Good idea.