State of Arena (partially venting)

So id like a better understanding of whats going on in multiplayer if anyone could help with that. I just picked halo 5 back up and managed to get onyx in swat and swapped to snipers but i keep getting a reoccuring theme which is one or two players on the team put in a game where they just cant conpete. I understand that lacking the player base is a core reason but last night was just terrible. Almost every game someone would have 1 to 5 kills and 15 to 20 deaths. I lost diamond 6 multiple times cause of this and now i lost diamond 5. Almost every game i was 15+ with 10 or less deaths. Hell, i lost a game where i had 21 kills, my buddy had 20 kills and all that was required was my ally to have 4 and we still managed to lose. This situation is terrible for the entire team.

> 2533274805425635;1:
> So id like a better understanding of whats going on in multiplayer if anyone could help with that. I just picked halo 5 back up and managed to get onyx in swat and swapped to snipers but i keep getting a reoccuring theme which is one or two players on the team put in a game where they just cant conpete. I understand that lacking the player base is a core reason but last night was just terrible. Almost every game someone would have 1 to 5 kills and 15 to 20 deaths. I lost diamond 6 multiple times cause of this and now i lost diamond 5. Almost every game i was 15+ with 10 or less deaths. Hell, i lost a game where i had 21 kills, my buddy had 20 kills and all that was required was my ally to have 4 and we still managed to lose. This situation is terrible for the entire team.

This thread is gonna get moved. Just a heads up.

Anyway, this is happening because they loosened the Onyx parameters. Onyxes were suffering of wait time issues, so now they manage to match lower (even Platinums) players. The two who aren’t keeping up are probably victims of the loosening.

Just hope that TrueSkill2 can improve the situation. It’s all we can do right now.

Gotcha man, so its just lack of players. I guess i knew that. I was just hoping someone was gonna tell me its not always going to be that unlucky.

And why would they remove the post? I believe you, just curious why this would be considered ill mannered post when its a general inquiry that’s not skill shaming or abusive.

> 2533274805425635;3:
> Gotcha man, so its just lack of players. I guess i knew that. I was just hoping someone was gonna tell me its not always going to be that unlucky.
>
> And why would they remove the post? I believe you, just curious why this would be considered ill mannered post when its a general inquiry that’s not skill shaming or abusive.

Not removed. Moved. To the Matchmaking feedback forums. I was telling you because chances are the post’s not gonna gain as much exposure.

I’m one of those players. I rarely go into that playlist because I always seem to get matched against people of a much higher skill level than myself. While I don’t mind losing, and understand that playing against people better than me will only increase my skill, I would like to take more than two steps and/or actually get a shot or two off before getting killed.