Start with a BR

i can’t stand starting games with a assault rifle. I miss that crisp BR kill right off the get go. The pistol is good but it’s no BR. Anyways Id like to maybe see that implemented as a starting weapon in the future.

I start with a pistol as well.

BR starts absolutely killed Halo’s multiplayer for me because it made virtually all the other weapons obsolete and turned every match into a stop-and-pop miniature sniper fest. I couldn’t possibly be happier to see it gone.

I’m glad the BR is no longer a starting weapon myself, especially Halo 5s BR. I don’t know what it is but I just don’t like using it.

Personally I absolutely love the new AR, I can tap that trigger to get precision shots off that I never could in previous Halos. It actually feels like a right proper rifle now.
From single precise rounds to accurate bursts I could see this thing absolutely wrecking people in the hands of a master.

Automatic fire should have heftier recoil though to push burst at range, auto up close. It’s almost perfection in a gun…

Big fan of AR pistol starts, I think br starts would kill this game

> 2533274985547444;3:
> BR starts absolutely killed Halo’s multiplayer for me because it made virtually all the other weapons obsolete and turned every match into a stop-and-pop miniature sniper fest. I couldn’t possibly be happier to see it gone.

agreed, if you want precision weapon starts, switch to the pistol it is more than capable

No.

Everybody that likes the AR are scrubs bc it takes no skill at all.

I don’t enjoy AR starts at all so I’m with you. I’m not saying remove the AR starts but this game desperately needs a BR Slayer mode to stay relevant to my friends and I. Also, for the love of God please put EVERY map on Slayer! Team Arena has some awful game modes. I can’t even play it knowing I’ll get some of the worst modes possible with no way to veto it.

> 2533274985547444;3:
> BR starts absolutely killed Halo’s multiplayer for me because it made virtually all the other weapons obsolete and turned every match into a stop-and-pop miniature sniper fest. I couldn’t possibly be happier to see it gone.

How is a four shot weapon a sniper fest?

> 2533274985547444;3:

Yep, just like what the Magnum does now, makes all other weapons useless.

BRs don’t make every other weapon obsolete. The br battle is what makes halo so special. A lovely and well balanced gun. Br battles are what allow a smart player to outplay a fast player, or vice versa. Just put them in and let us vote, nbd.

10000x yes.

No thanks. If that some how gets added into an MLG playlist or whatever fine. But I want AR starts as the main multiplayer experience. The BR itself is a balanced gun. but it pretty much reduces the drive to ever use an automatic weapon. and it makes spawn trapping so much more common and easy to do. The pistol is perfectly acceptable to use off spawn. and you can go pick a BR up if you want the extra power. but you shouldn’t spawn with it.

> 2533274837720524;11:
> > 2533274985547444;3:
> > BR starts absolutely killed Halo’s multiplayer for me because it made virtually all the other weapons obsolete and turned every match into a stop-and-pop miniature sniper fest. I couldn’t possibly be happier to see it gone.
>
>
> Yep, just like what the Magnum does now, makes all other weapons useless.

You have a point. It’s a bit of an exaggeration but the pistol is def the dominant starting weapon for skilled players. If you can hold it down with that pistol you can own most other options, which is exactly what 343 intended with this “balanced utility weapon.” And that’s fine. But it does render this “brs make other weapons obsolete” argument moot.

> 2535422112705145;14:
> No thanks. If that some how gets added into an MLG playlist or whatever fine. But I want AR starts as the main multiplayer experience. The BR itself is a balanced gun. but it pretty much reduces the drive to ever use an automatic weapon. and it makes spawn trapping so much more common and easy to do. The pistol is perfectly acceptable to use off spawn. and you can go pick a BR up if you want the extra power. but you shouldn’t spawn with it.

It def becomes the favored weapon and I wouldn’t pick up an ar if I started with a br but so what? I don’t like the fully auto guns, I never have I’m just not good with them. So I prefer br starts but in having plenty of fun as is, it’s just like halo 2. All I’m saying is being back the vote. Sounds like they are planning on it anyway.

> 2533274837720524;11:
> > 2533274985547444;3:
> > BR starts absolutely killed Halo’s multiplayer for me because it made virtually all the other weapons obsolete and turned every match into a stop-and-pop miniature sniper fest. I couldn’t possibly be happier to see it gone.
>
>
> Yep, just like what the Magnum does now, makes all other weapons useless.

Not even close. Not one person holds a magnum when a BR or DMR is there to pick up. Magnum also doesn’t do nearly as well as the AR of SMG when in a tight room.

> 2533274794126682;17:
> > 2533274837720524;11:
> > > 2533274985547444;3:
> > > BR starts absolutely killed Halo’s multiplayer for me because it made virtually all the other weapons obsolete and turned every match into a stop-and-pop miniature sniper fest. I couldn’t possibly be happier to see it gone.
> >
> >
> > Yep, just like what the Magnum does now, makes all other weapons useless.
>
>
> Not even close. Not one person holds a magnum when a BR or DMR is there to pick up. Magnum also doesn’t do nearly as well as the AR of SMG when in a tight room.

In fact, the magnum is pretty bad except inside a very specific type of mid range. Once you have to scope in with it the pistol is crap because the zoom is almost completely worthless and if you’re too close AR spray is better.

> 2535456728927988;16:
> > 2535422112705145;14:
> > No thanks. If that some how gets added into an MLG playlist or whatever fine. But I want AR starts as the main multiplayer experience. The BR itself is a balanced gun. but it pretty much reduces the drive to ever use an automatic weapon. and it makes spawn trapping so much more common and easy to do. The pistol is perfectly acceptable to use off spawn. and you can go pick a BR up if you want the extra power. but you shouldn’t spawn with it.
>
>
> It def becomes the favored weapon and I wouldn’t pick up an ar if I started with a br but so what? I don’t like the fully auto guns, I never have I’m just not good with them. So I prefer br starts but in having plenty of fun as is, it’s just like halo 2. All I’m saying is being back the vote. Sounds like they are planning on it anyway.

Then don’t use it. stick to the pistol. Starting with a pistol and AR is more fair in the long run when you have to go out and get the BR.
If voting comes back (which I really doubt it will) i’d probably just stick to break out or warzone then. I don’t hate the BR. It’s my preferred weapon.
But I find game play much more enjoyable when it’s not a BR fest.

no