Start weapons for Warzone only AR?

This is a small and not really big question, but has me curious.

Based on things you’ve read or seen, do you think we’ll be able to choose the base load out weapons we start with? Like will we be able to jump off the pelican with a BR, DMR, SMG, etc. instead of the AR? That way we don’t have to do the req station to change a basic load out weapon.

And please Dont comment something non-constructive or base a “fact” out of what you think halo 5 should be. I’m just curious to understand how mechanics can work a bit better.

Only initially, since the game starts out by clearing AI from the base the initial spawning weapons are not a big issue. Once the base is clear players can go to the req stations to change their loadouts choosing from AR, Pistol, BR, SMG, DMR and then keep it for the rest of the game without fear of being stuck in a BTB esque gametype with only an AR/Pistol.

That said, supposedly the Pistol has gotten a noticeable upgrade despite its reduced rate of fire(according to Josh Holmes it is the best the pistol has felt since CE), so starting with a Pistol may not be as bad as it was in Halo 2/3/Reach.

Yeah, you will all spawn with an Assault Rifle and then proceed to the armory (req card machine) to grab different weapons if you have Reqs available at the time. Honestly, I’ll be sticking with my trusty Assault Rifle the whole time and swap out the secondary for experimentation with all the weapons.

> 2533274870038109;3:
> Yeah, you will all spawn with an Assault Rifle and then proceed to the armory (req card machine) to grab different weapons if you have Reqs available at the time. Honestly, I’ll be sticking with my trusty Assault Rifle the whole time and swap out the secondary for experimentation with all the weapons.

My trusty weapon is probably a DMR and a Magnum secondary. I don’t know why but starting withy favorite base weapon every game just has a good feel to it.

I guess I’ll have to wait in line with other people with small feature requests. My own desires don’t Go above anyone else’s. I just think it’d be cool

> 2533274818120721;4:
> > 2533274870038109;3:
> > I guess I’ll have to wait in line with other people with small feature requests. My own desires don’t Go above anyone else’s. I just think it’d be cool

I like you. You’re a nice guy.

> 2533274818120721;4:
> > 2533274870038109;3:
> > Yeah, you will all spawn with an Assault Rifle and then proceed to the armory (req card machine) to grab different weapons if you have Reqs available at the time. Honestly, I’ll be sticking with my trusty Assault Rifle the whole time and swap out the secondary for experimentation with all the weapons.
>
>
> My trusty weapon is probably a DMR and a Magnum secondary. I don’t know why but starting withy favorite base weapon every game just has a good feel to it.
>
> I guess I’ll have to wait in line with other people with small feature requests. My own desires don’t Go above anyone else’s. I just think it’d be cool

As I understand it as soon as you have access to the Requisition stations you can get that DMR. Loadout weapons you don’t lose at death and respawn with them while the power weapons have to be requisitioned again. At least that’s my understanding.

> 2533274808538326;6:
> > 2533274818120721;4:
> > > 2533274870038109;3:
> > > Yeah, you will all spawn with an Assault Rifle and then proceed to the armory (req card machine) to grab different weapons if you have Reqs available at the time. Honestly, I’ll be sticking with my trusty Assault Rifle the whole time and swap out the secondary for experimentation with all the weapons.
> >
> >
> > My trusty weapon is probably a DMR and a Magnum secondary. I don’t know why but starting withy favorite base weapon every game just has a good feel to it.
> >
> > I guess I’ll have to wait in line with other people with small feature requests. My own desires don’t Go above anyone else’s. I just think it’d be cool
>
>
> As I understand it as soon as you have access to the Requisition stations you can get t hat DMR. Loadout weapons you don’t lose at death and respawn with them while the power weapons have to be requisitioned again. At least that’s my understanding.

I think you’re right. Although I’m curious as to why they’re labeled as “loadout” weapons. It could just mean what you said, the ability to respawn with them. Maybe we’ll have the ability to preset our default load outs in a menu with the weapons labeled as load out weapons.

Who knows. I guess we’ll see later this year. :slight_smile:

> 2533274819446242;2:
> Only initially, since the game starts out by clearing AI from the base the initial spawning weapons are not a big issue. Once the base is clear players can go to the req stations to change their loadouts choosing from AR, Pistol, BR, SMG, DMR and then keep it for the rest of the game without fear of being stuck in a BTB esque gametype with only an AR/Pistol.
>
> That said, supposedly the Pistol has gotten a noticeable upgrade despite its reduced rate of fire(according to Josh Holmes it is the best the pistol has felt since CE), so starting with a Pistol may not be as bad as it was in Halo 2/3/Reach.

Pistol in Reach was bad? I loved it. Was good in 4 as well but was overshadowed by the fact you could start with BR/DMR.

> 2533274826534201;8:
> > 2533274819446242;2:
> > Only initially, since the game starts out by clearing AI from the base the initial spawning weapons are not a big issue. Once the base is clear players can go to the req stations to change their loadouts choosing from AR, Pistol, BR, SMG, DMR and then keep it for the rest of the game without fear of being stuck in a BTB esque gametype with only an AR/Pistol.
> >
> > That said, supposedly the Pistol has gotten a noticeable upgrade despite its reduced rate of fire(according to Josh Holmes it is the best the pistol has felt since CE), so starting with a Pistol may not be as bad as it was in Halo 2/3/Reach.
>
>
> Pistol in Reach was bad? I loved it. Was good in 4 as well but was overshadowed by the fact you could start with BR/DMR.

I never had to much of a problem with any of the pistols. But the Halo 2 one felt the weakest per shot but that could just be me. The CE one felt like a freakin blunderbuss.

> 2533274818120721;7:
> > 2533274808538326;6:
> > > 2533274818120721;4:
> > > > 2533274870038109;3:
> > > > Yeah, you will all spawn with an Assault Rifle and then proceed to the armory (req card machine) to grab different weapons if you have Reqs available at the time. Honestly, I’ll be sticking with my trusty Assault Rifle the whole time and swap out the secondary for experimentation with all the weapons.
> > >
> > >
> > > My trusty weapon is probably a DMR and a Magnum secondary. I don’t know why but starting withy favorite base weapon every game just has a good feel to it.
> > >
> > > I guess I’ll have to wait in line with other people with small feature requests. My own desires don’t Go above anyone else’s. I just think it’d be cool
> >
> >
> > As I understand it as soon as you have access to the Requisition stations you can get t hat DMR. Loadout weapons you don’t lose at death and respawn with them while the power weapons have to be requisitioned again. At least that’s my understanding.
>
>
> I think you’re right. Although I’m curious as to why they’re labeled as “loadout” weapons. It could just mean what you said, the ability to respawn with them. Maybe we’ll have the ability to preset our default load outs in a menu with the weapons labeled as load out weapons.
>
> Who knows. I guess we’ll see later this year. :slight_smile:

Its possible the “Loadout” weapons don’t require req cards and can just be retrieved continuously.