Start of Halo 5 (and maybe the rest) Halsey Issue

I had raised a thread in the universe section about what Halsey meant at the end of Halo 5 when she spoke to Chief and somebody pointed out to me she said the same to Locke at the beginning (well when Jul M’Dama gets killed) “took you long enough” is what she said. I’d missed the Locke one so went back and actually paid attention to what is going on.

Wish I never did it now though at it just opened more holes in the story of Halo 5. Why would Chief and Blue Team leave The Infinity to search for Argent Moon when Lasky has known for 3 weeks Halseys location? And then send an unknown group of Spartans to retrieve her?

Chief would never, ever have waited 3 weeks to go get her and never, ever would Lasky not tell him. Just wrong, all so wrong. Add to that that whilst on Argent Moon it becomes known to Blue Team, first through covenant radio chatter and then you can clearly hear 2 Jackals say, that Jul M’Dama is dead. Chief does not even mention Halsey, try and radio The Infinity to asked what happened. Just wrong, all so wrong

As Blue Team board the vessel to get off Argent Moon Chief tells Lasky he is going to Meridian after Cortana. Lasky tells him a team has already been dispatched for this. Chief heads there anyway. No mention of Halsey is made. I think originally this may have been Chief going to get Halsey but as said something happened**and the story twisted.

Next Cut scene sees Osiris on-board The Infinity getting ready to chase Chief. When they get to Merdian it’s clear only Blue Team is there no other team dispatched.

I know the gameplay is a big part for some but for others we like the lore and Halo 5 I understand is universally criticized for it’s very poor story but really this lack of continuity is just unacceptable.

> 2533274852968937;1:
> I had raised a thread in the universe section about what Halsey meant at the end of Halo 5 when she spoke to Chief and somebody pointed out to me she said the same to Locke at the beginning (well when Jul M’Dama gets killed) “took you long enough” is what she said. I’d missed the Locke one so went back and actually paid attention to what is going on.
>
> Wish I never did it now though at it just opened more holes in the story of Halo 5. Why would Chief and Blue Team leave The Infinity to search for Argent Moon when Lasky has known for 3 weeks Halseys location? And then send an unknown group of Spartans to retrieve her?
>
> Chief would never, ever have waited 3 weeks to go get her and never, ever would Lasky not tell him. Just wrong, all so wrong. Add to that that whilst on Argent Moon it becomes known to Blue Team, first through covenant radio chatter and then you can clearly hear 2 Jackals say, that Jul M’Dama is dead. Chief does not even mention Halsey, try and radio The Infinity to asked what happened. Just wrong, all so wrong
>
> As Blue Team board the vessel to get off Argent Moon Chief tells Lasky he is going to Meridian after Cortana. Lasky tells him a team has already been dispatched for this. Chief heads there anyway. No mention of Halsey is made. I think originally this may have been Chief going to get Halsey but as said something happened**and the story twisted.
>
> Next Cut scene sees Osiris on-board The Infinity getting ready to chase Chief. When they get to Merdian it’s clear only Blue Team is there no other team dispatched.
>
> I know the gameplay is a big part for some but for others we like the lore and Halo 5 I understand is universally criticized for it’s very poor story but really this lack of continuity is just unacceptable.

Nobody finds this strange, now that in itself in strange… NO WAY WOULD CHIEF BE OFF LOOKING FOR ARGENT MOON WHEN LASKY KNOWS HER LOCATION

> 2533274852968937;2:
> > 2533274852968937;1:
> > I had raised a thread in the universe section about what Halsey meant at the end of Halo 5 when she spoke to Chief and somebody pointed out to me she said the same to Locke at the beginning (well when Jul M’Dama gets killed) “took you long enough” is what she said. I’d missed the Locke one so went back and actually paid attention to what is going on.
> >
> > Wish I never did it now though at it just opened more holes in the story of Halo 5. Why would Chief and Blue Team leave The Infinity to search for Argent Moon when Lasky has known for 3 weeks Halseys location? And then send an unknown group of Spartans to retrieve her?
> >
> > Chief would never, ever have waited 3 weeks to go get her and never, ever would Lasky not tell him. Just wrong, all so wrong. Add to that that whilst on Argent Moon it becomes known to Blue Team, first through covenant radio chatter and then you can clearly hear 2 Jackals say, that Jul M’Dama is dead. Chief does not even mention Halsey, try and radio The Infinity to asked what happened. Just wrong, all so wrong
> >
> > As Blue Team board the vessel to get off Argent Moon Chief tells Lasky he is going to Meridian after Cortana. Lasky tells him a team has already been dispatched for this. Chief heads there anyway. No mention of Halsey is made. I think originally this may have been Chief going to get Halsey but as said something happened**and the story twisted.
> >
> > Next Cut scene sees Osiris on-board The Infinity getting ready to chase Chief. When they get to Merdian it’s clear only Blue Team is there no other team dispatched.
> >
> > I know the gameplay is a big part for some but for others we like the lore and Halo 5 I understand is universally criticized for it’s very poor story but really this lack of continuity is just unacceptable.
>
>
> Nobody finds this strange, now that in itself in strange… NO WAY WOULD CHIEF BE OFF LOOKING FOR ARGENT MOON WHEN LASKY KNOWS HER LOCATION

Keep in mind that Slipspace travel still takes plenty of time, and the fact that Argent Moon had been drifting in an… unexpected manner. Also, Chief’s mental instability after losing Cortana probably wouldn’t have been helped by rescuing both Cortana’s and his creator.