Starfield is on the Series X Packaging. Has Halo Fallen That Far?

I was stunned. I get that Bethesda was a huge investment, but to not have MC on the packaging does not seem right. I associate Halo with Xbox and would never imagine it not being the flagship franchise.

1 Like

Well, there’s not much in the way of excitement for Halo right now, but the hype for Starfield is pretty big, and growing fast. I would not say Starfield is becoming the new “flag ship” but if it does really well then… maybe.

Halo earned that honor 20 years ago, but that doesn’t mean it can never go to a different franchise. I love Halo, but you can only borrow against its legacy so much. Halo has been delivering bunts and base hits for a decade, “flag ship” games hit grand slams.

6 Likes

if you look good that the halo serie’s has the worst reputation since last year with the big problems halo infinite has.
its not a big suprice that microsoft has chance there flagship to something else what has a better reputation then halo has now.

if a game is a flagship from a console then it most also launch in a good state without big problems.
and since halo infinite has the worst launch and also has a lot of big problems.

1 Like

well, we got no one to blame other than corporate for that change. The reason Infinite has so many problems is because they keep hiring the wrong people in charge. They hire people who have little to no experience in the gaming industry and are exclusively businessmen. Let me be straight here; prior to the changes in management made when Bonnie left, Halo was headlined by someone who very likely had no idea what went into the creation of a video game. At least now her position has gone to more seemingly competent employees, but we can still only pray for what is to come…

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

Why would you want to put a game thats struggling along on your box, rather than the new shiny?

“Buy a Series X! Now you too can be deeply disapointed as you pay us money hoping the game is good one day!”

3 Likes

Well it’s hard for a once successful franchise to stay successful after over a decade from crappy leadership, including but not limited to: Bonnie “splitscreen going forward” Ross, Frankie “It’s kind of like the P word” O’Connor, and Kiki Wolfkill.

Combine that with Microsoft’s obsession with skimping out on quality Halo products by hiring 18-month contractors and non-permanent employees, is it really all that surprising?

3 Likes

I understand where you’re coming from, but the Series X has featured a different game on the back of the box each year. 2020-2021 was Halo Infinite, 2021-2022 was Forza Horizon 5, and now 2023 must be Starfield.

1 Like

I feel this thread has neglected the fact that Starfield is a new game. It’s relevant and, like all Bethesda games, is marketable to a broad audience. In a year or so it’ll eventually change to something else. Maybe Forza, or Fable, or whatever.
It’s just marketing, the moment a new Halo game comes out rest assured Xbox’s packaging will reflect it.

i mean, halo has not been a “flagship franchise” for years now. it’s not like it actually hurts xbox either when they got other games that sell better to start off with. we are not back in the early 2000s where console exclusives had so much power to them. furthermore xbox has had plenty of xboxes selling packaged with other games. gears of war? destiny? fallout? the list goes on. it’s all marketing to sell the consoles with the game.

2 Likes