Star Chart with MC's location ?

I’ve been thinking of a way to show where Master Chief is in Halo 4 relative to Earth . .

It could be made available as a desktop wallpaper, as well as a high quality paper star chart that could be folded up and included with every copy of Halo 4. (If it is still possible to do such a thing)

It would have the location and picture of each planet that is in the Halo universe, as well as the location and picture of the Infinity and Master Chief’s.

Every planet, with a picture? That would have to be a pretty big map.

> Every planet, with a picture? That would have to be a pretty big map.

The planets would be the planets from just the Halo Universe, and they could even just use the most talked about planets, like Earth, Harvest, Reach . . etc

At the very least they could have just Earth, Reach, Infinity, Master Chief. Those four are the most recent places talk about between Reach and Halo 4.

[deleted]

I’m not sure that every star and planet in the Haloverse corresponds to actual star systems in our galaxy.

A few of them are made up, but you’d be surprised how many Star Systems actually exist.

> I’m not sure that every star and planet in the Haloverse corresponds to actual star systems in our galaxy.

I could see how that is a possible problem . .

But I think 343 could expand/fix that problem . .

Since Bungie never really went into detail with what the solar systems for Reach, Harvest . . etc are like.

Where do you even come up with these ideas?

Very few are actually made up. Many are real, like Epsilon Eridani. (Reach’s System)

The only problem is the map would have to be HUGE! If Requiem is anywhere near the Ark, then it’s still a possibility that it’s outside of our Galaxy, or at least on the very far edge. (Our Galaxy is around 100,000 Lightyears in DIameter.) Don’t forget that, if I am correct, all UNSC planets are in the Orion Belt, which is fairly small compared to our Galaxy itself. This means a top down view of the Milky Way wouldn’t work, as the Orion Belt would be WAY to cluttered.

Now, what could work is highlight the major places as you said a little further down. (All the Installations, Ark, Important Planets like Reach, Harvest, Earth, with some facts about each. Then include Requiem and the Infinity along with it.)

> Where do you even come up with these ideas?

When I read a article or post I get inspired sometimes to come with ideas that can/could work.

A star chart would allow players to get a more solid idea of where Master Chief is in the universe during Halo 4

From what we have been shown, it just seems like he wakes up from cryo and starts heading into space.

I wonder if 343 is going to go into detail with how far he traveled from where he was in Halo 3.

> > Where do you even come up with these ideas?
>
> When I read a article or post I get inspired sometimes to come with ideas that can/could work.
>
> A star chart would allow players to get a more solid idea of where Master Chief is in the universe during Halo 4
>
> From what we have been shown, it just seems like he wakes up from cryo and starts heading into space.
>
> I wonder if 343 is going to go into detail with how far he traveled from where he was in Halo 3.

A map showing known UNSC and Covenant space would be easier.

The Lesser Ark was located outside the galaxy, quite far outside. When the portal closed the Forward Unto Dawn could have been deposited anywhere. Requiem could be anywhere in our galaxy, unless an announcement has been made stating its location.

> > > Every planet, with a picture? That would have to be a pretty big map.
> >
> > The planets would be the planets from just the Halo Universe, and they could even just use the most talked about planets, like Earth, Harvest, Reach . . etc
> >
> > At the very least they could have just Earth, Reach, Infinity, Master Chief. Those four are the most recent places talk about between Reach and Halo 4.
>
> I would prefer something like Mass Effect’s Galaxy Map. They could name a major planet/location for each system.
>
> For example: Sol - Earth

That would be pretty damn awesome

> > Where do you even come up with these ideas?
>
> When I read a article or post I get inspired sometimes to come with ideas that can/could work.
>
> A star chart would allow players to get a more solid idea of where Master Chief is in the universe during Halo 4
>
> From what we have been shown, it just seems like he wakes up from cryo and starts heading into space.
>
> I wonder if 343 is going to go into detail with how far he traveled from where he was in Halo 3.

Read the books and play the games and you’ll know everything you need to know.

343 can’t detail how far he traveled because no one knows where Requiem is.

> > > Where do you even come up with these ideas?
> >
> > When I read a article or post I get inspired sometimes to come with ideas that can/could work.
> >
> > A star chart would allow players to get a more solid idea of where Master Chief is in the universe during Halo 4
> >
> > From what we have been shown, it just seems like he wakes up from cryo and starts heading into space.
> >
> > I wonder if 343 is going to go into detail with how far he traveled from where he was in Halo 3.
>
> Read the books and play the games and you’ll know everything you need to know.
>
> 343 can’t detail how far he traveled because no one knows where Requiem is.

Now that I think about it, couldn’t Forward Unto Dawn maybe have a part that explains how it and Master Chief got to Requiem ?

If it does, then Forward Unto Dawn could set things up for a star chart . . right ?