Standard Aiming for Controller is difficult.

Doesn’t seem that mouse and keyboard users are having a hard time aiming. Seems it’s only controller players struggling. Aim assist seems non existent on controller. I’m still able to land some good shots but without a little bit of aim assist (stickiness) it feels much more difficult than it should. Infinites aiming feels a little too loose if you will.

I’ll go ahead and agree that the aim assist behavior is significantly less aggressive than usual, but I haven’t had too much of a problem with it so far. Landing all of my shots with the AR on Controller has been a kick in the teeth though, it just goes wonky on me towards the final stretch of the kill.

I didn’t like my aim until I fiddled with the settings, after that I was much more consistent. Aim assist only exists within certain ranges, which means using things like the Sidekick long range of quite difficult on Xbox. I’m not a keyboard and mouse user so I can’t say if they found it easier.

I’ve started playing MCC with my work keyboard and mouse and it’s not nearly as hard to aim as I was expecting based on the elitest attitude I’ve been seeing.

I find the AR and BR pretty easy to use, which feels by design with the AR being the go-to beginner’s weapon and the BR having a lower killtime than the alternatives. But that’s because their aim assist is high enough to combat the horrible right stick controls in this game. It is so jarring just moving the reticle where you want it to be in the first place in this game whether you’re aiming at a target or just looking around. If that gets smoothed out I don’t think the aim assist being as low as it is will be a problem, as opposed to the refreshing change it’s meant to be.

> 2533274801036271;3:
> I didn’t like my aim until I fiddled with the settings, after that I was much more consistent. Aim assist only exists within certain ranges, which means using things like the Sidekick long range of quite difficult on Xbox. I’m not a keyboard and mouse user so I can’t say if they found it easier.
>
> I’ve started playing MCC with my work keyboard and mouse and it’s not nearly as hard to aim as I was expecting based on the elitest attitude I’ve been seeing.

Yea, the people saying M&K on MCC feels bad are just… wrong haha. Every single one of my friends, my brother, and my girlfriend all play M&K and they never have an issue. I even ask them sometimes if they think it feels off (since I see the people saying that here) and they never think so. I also asked them if Infinite felt weird on M&K and they thought it was fine, one friend even said it’s the best feeling fps he’s played, and he’s a big Valorant guy.

> 2533274802341352;5:
> > 2533274801036271;3:
> > I didn’t like my aim until I fiddled with the settings, after that I was much more consistent. Aim assist only exists within certain ranges, which means using things like the Sidekick long range of quite difficult on Xbox. I’m not a keyboard and mouse user so I can’t say if they found it easier.
> >
> > I’ve started playing MCC with my work keyboard and mouse and it’s not nearly as hard to aim as I was expecting based on the elitest attitude I’ve been seeing.
>
> Yea, the people saying M&K on MCC feels bad are just… wrong haha. Every single one of my friends, my brother, and my girlfriend all play M&K and they never have an issue. I even ask them sometimes if they think it feels off (since I see the people saying that here) and they never think so. I also asked them if Infinite felt weird on M&K and they thought it was fine, one friend even said it’s the best feeling fps he’s played, and he’s a big Valorant guy.

Buddy of mine plays MCC on K&M as well, he’s not a Halo guy at all, and has put very little practice into it. MCC is even his first Halo game. Yet he outperforms me, a controller vet since '05 who always felt like a pretty solid player, very consistently.

> 2533274810177460;6:
> > 2533274802341352;5:
> > > 2533274801036271;3:
> > > I didn’t like my aim until I fiddled with the settings, after that I was much more consistent. Aim assist only exists within certain ranges, which means using things like the Sidekick long range of quite difficult on Xbox. I’m not a keyboard and mouse user so I can’t say if they found it easier.
> > >
> > > I’ve started playing MCC with my work keyboard and mouse and it’s not nearly as hard to aim as I was expecting based on the elitest attitude I’ve been seeing.
> >
> > Yea, the people saying M&K on MCC feels bad are just… wrong haha. Every single one of my friends, my brother, and my girlfriend all play M&K and they never have an issue. I even ask them sometimes if they think it feels off (since I see the people saying that here) and they never think so. I also asked them if Infinite felt weird on M&K and they thought it was fine, one friend even said it’s the best feeling fps he’s played, and he’s a big Valorant guy.
>
> Buddy of mine plays MCC on K&M as well, he’s not a Halo guy at all, and has put very little practice into it. MCC is even his first Halo game. Yet he outperforms me, a controller vet since '05 who always felt like a pretty solid player, very consistently.

Yea I have been playing Halo my entire life and I already just hand the sniper over to them lol. I’m by no means a slouch with it, but they just land some gnarly shots with much more ease than I do. Honestly, I think some people are just advertising that they aren’t very good at the game haha.

> 2533274963943609;1:
> Doesn’t seem that mouse and keyboard users are having a hard time aiming. Seems it’s only controller players struggling. Aim assist seems non existent on controller. I’m still able to land some good shots but without a little bit of aim assist (stickiness) it feels much more difficult than it should. Infinites aiming feels a little too loose if you will.

KBM feels terrible on Infinite, mostly due to the bad input lag and the game being forced into borderless windowed. There’s an entire thread here dedicated to it, I guess you missed it.

> 2533274802341352;7:
> > 2533274810177460;6:
> > > 2533274802341352;5:
> > > > 2533274801036271;3:
> > > > I didn’t like my aim until I fiddled with the settings, after that I was much more consistent. Aim assist only exists within certain ranges, which means using things like the Sidekick long range of quite difficult on Xbox. I’m not a keyboard and mouse user so I can’t say if they found it easier.
> > > >
> > > > I’ve started playing MCC with my work keyboard and mouse and it’s not nearly as hard to aim as I was expecting based on the elitest attitude I’ve been seeing.
> > >
> > > Yea, the people saying M&K on MCC feels bad are just… wrong haha. Every single one of my friends, my brother, and my girlfriend all play M&K and they never have an issue. I even ask them sometimes if they think it feels off (since I see the people saying that here) and they never think so. I also asked them if Infinite felt weird on M&K and they thought it was fine, one friend even said it’s the best feeling fps he’s played, and he’s a big Valorant guy.
> >
> > Buddy of mine plays MCC on K&M as well, he’s not a Halo guy at all, and has put very little practice into it. MCC is even his first Halo game. Yet he outperforms me, a controller vet since '05 who always felt like a pretty solid player, very consistently.
>
> Yea I have been playing Halo my entire life and I already just hand the sniper over to them lol. I’m by no means a slouch with it, but they just land some gnarly shots with much more ease than I do. Honestly, I think some people are just advertising that they aren’t very good at the game haha.

Nah, KBM will always lose BR fights to decent controller players. Has nothing to do with not being good. KBM will only have success in social. You have to be extremely good on KBM to have success in ranked

> 2723605488957451;9:
> > 2533274802341352;7:
> > > 2533274810177460;6:
> > > > 2533274802341352;5:
> > > > > 2533274801036271;3:
> > > > > I didn’t like my aim until I fiddled with the settings, after that I was much more consistent. Aim assist only exists within certain ranges, which means using things like the Sidekick long range of quite difficult on Xbox. I’m not a keyboard and mouse user so I can’t say if they found it easier.
> > > > >
> > > > > I’ve started playing MCC with my work keyboard and mouse and it’s not nearly as hard to aim as I was expecting based on the elitest attitude I’ve been seeing.
> > > >
> > > > Yea, the people saying M&K on MCC feels bad are just… wrong haha. Every single one of my friends, my brother, and my girlfriend all play M&K and they never have an issue. I even ask them sometimes if they think it feels off (since I see the people saying that here) and they never think so. I also asked them if Infinite felt weird on M&K and they thought it was fine, one friend even said it’s the best feeling fps he’s played, and he’s a big Valorant guy.
> > >
> > > Buddy of mine plays MCC on K&M as well, he’s not a Halo guy at all, and has put very little practice into it. MCC is even his first Halo game. Yet he outperforms me, a controller vet since '05 who always felt like a pretty solid player, very consistently.
> >
> > Yea I have been playing Halo my entire life and I already just hand the sniper over to them lol. I’m by no means a slouch with it, but they just land some gnarly shots with much more ease than I do. Honestly, I think some people are just advertising that they aren’t very good at the game haha.
>
> Nah, KBM will always lose BR fights to decent controller players. Has nothing to do with not being good. KBM will only have success in social. You have to be extremely good on KBM to have success in ranked

Man that just ain’t true at all lmao. I don’t know where you are getting that opinion, but it really isn’t supported by much. Sure there are top end controller players, but there are also top end M&K players. You could just say “you have to be good to have success in ranked” and it would actually be true. Idk what M&K players you know or watch or talk to, but maybe they are just bad, man.

> 2533274802341352;10:
> > 2723605488957451;9:
> > > 2533274802341352;7:
> > > > 2533274810177460;6:
> > > > > 2533274802341352;5:
> > > > > > 2533274801036271;3:
> > > > > > I didn’t like my aim until I fiddled with the settings, after that I was much more consistent. Aim assist only exists within certain ranges, which means using things like the Sidekick long range of quite difficult on Xbox. I’m not a keyboard and mouse user so I can’t say if they found it easier.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I’ve started playing MCC with my work keyboard and mouse and it’s not nearly as hard to aim as I was expecting based on the elitest attitude I’ve been seeing.
> > > > >
> > > > > Yea, the people saying M&K on MCC feels bad are just… wrong haha. Every single one of my friends, my brother, and my girlfriend all play M&K and they never have an issue. I even ask them sometimes if they think it feels off (since I see the people saying that here) and they never think so. I also asked them if Infinite felt weird on M&K and they thought it was fine, one friend even said it’s the best feeling fps he’s played, and he’s a big Valorant guy.
> > > >
> > > > Buddy of mine plays MCC on K&M as well, he’s not a Halo guy at all, and has put very little practice into it. MCC is even his first Halo game. Yet he outperforms me, a controller vet since '05 who always felt like a pretty solid player, very consistently.
> > >
> > > Yea I have been playing Halo my entire life and I already just hand the sniper over to them lol. I’m by no means a slouch with it, but they just land some gnarly shots with much more ease than I do. Honestly, I think some people are just advertising that they aren’t very good at the game haha.
> >
> > Nah, KBM will always lose BR fights to decent controller players. Has nothing to do with not being good. KBM will only have success in social. You have to be extremely good on KBM to have success in ranked
>
> Man that just ain’t true at all lmao. I don’t know where you are getting that opinion, but it really isn’t supported by much. Sure there are top end controller players, but there are also top end M&K players. You could just say “you have to be good to have success in ranked” and it would actually be true. Idk what M&K players you know or watch or talk to, but maybe they are just bad, man.

It is supported by a lot. How many KBM streamers do you see? How come every single MCC tournament is nothing but controller players? Have you even tried to use a mouse yourself in MCC? Why is it you almost never see KBM players above rank 20 in any playlist?

I put around 400 hours of KBM time into MCC and switched back to a controller out of frustration. Despite not using a controller in years, I consistently land 4-5 shots. The aim assist practically does all the aiming for you.

> 2723605488957451;11:
> > 2533274802341352;10:
> > > 2723605488957451;9:
> > > > 2533274802341352;7:
> > > > > 2533274810177460;6:
> > > > > > 2533274802341352;5:
> > > > > > > 2533274801036271;3:
> > > > > > > I didn’t like my aim until I fiddled with the settings, after that I was much more consistent. Aim assist only exists within certain ranges, which means using things like the Sidekick long range of quite difficult on Xbox. I’m not a keyboard and mouse user so I can’t say if they found it easier.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > I’ve started playing MCC with my work keyboard and mouse and it’s not nearly as hard to aim as I was expecting based on the elitest attitude I’ve been seeing.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Yea, the people saying M&K on MCC feels bad are just… wrong haha. Every single one of my friends, my brother, and my girlfriend all play M&K and they never have an issue. I even ask them sometimes if they think it feels off (since I see the people saying that here) and they never think so. I also asked them if Infinite felt weird on M&K and they thought it was fine, one friend even said it’s the best feeling fps he’s played, and he’s a big Valorant guy.
> > > > >
> > > > > Buddy of mine plays MCC on K&M as well, he’s not a Halo guy at all, and has put very little practice into it. MCC is even his first Halo game. Yet he outperforms me, a controller vet since '05 who always felt like a pretty solid player, very consistently.
> > > >
> > > > Yea I have been playing Halo my entire life and I already just hand the sniper over to them lol. I’m by no means a slouch with it, but they just land some gnarly shots with much more ease than I do. Honestly, I think some people are just advertising that they aren’t very good at the game haha.
> > >
> > > Nah, KBM will always lose BR fights to decent controller players. Has nothing to do with not being good. KBM will only have success in social. You have to be extremely good on KBM to have success in ranked
> >
> > Man that just ain’t true at all lmao. I don’t know where you are getting that opinion, but it really isn’t supported by much. Sure there are top end controller players, but there are also top end M&K players. You could just say “you have to be good to have success in ranked” and it would actually be true. Idk what M&K players you know or watch or talk to, but maybe they are just bad, man.
>
> It is supported by a lot. How many KBM streamers do you see? How come every single MCC tournament is nothing but controller players? Have you even tried to use a mouse yourself in MCC? Why is it you almost never see KBM players above rank 20 in any playlist?
>
> I put around 400 hours of KBM time into MCC and switched back to a controller out of frustration. Despite not using a controller in years, I consistently land 4-5 shots. The aim assist practically does all the aiming for you.

A lot of this is probably because Halo has been an xbox game almost exclusively for the last 20 years, so people have far more familiarity with the game when playing with controller. And uhh… I definitely do see plenty of K&M players above rank 20, I don’t know why you don’t.

Also, if you put that many hours into the game on K&M and were still better with the controller, maybe you just aren’t good with K&M. I could do the exact same thing and STILL come back to controller because it is by far what I am more experienced with in the long term. Being better with a controller doesn’t mean that M&K is bad, I hope you understand this.

> 2533274802341352;12:
> > 2723605488957451;11:
> > > 2533274802341352;10:
> > > > 2723605488957451;9:
> > > > > 2533274802341352;7:
> > > > > > 2533274810177460;6:
> > > > > > > 2533274802341352;5:
> > > > > > > > 2533274801036271;3:
> > > > > > > > I didn’t like my aim until I fiddled with the settings, after that I was much more consistent. Aim assist only exists within certain ranges, which means using things like the Sidekick long range of quite difficult on Xbox. I’m not a keyboard and mouse user so I can’t say if they found it easier.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > I’ve started playing MCC with my work keyboard and mouse and it’s not nearly as hard to aim as I was expecting based on the elitest attitude I’ve been seeing.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Yea, the people saying M&K on MCC feels bad are just… wrong haha. Every single one of my friends, my brother, and my girlfriend all play M&K and they never have an issue. I even ask them sometimes if they think it feels off (since I see the people saying that here) and they never think so. I also asked them if Infinite felt weird on M&K and they thought it was fine, one friend even said it’s the best feeling fps he’s played, and he’s a big Valorant guy.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Buddy of mine plays MCC on K&M as well, he’s not a Halo guy at all, and has put very little practice into it. MCC is even his first Halo game. Yet he outperforms me, a controller vet since '05 who always felt like a pretty solid player, very consistently.
> > > > >
> > > > > Yea I have been playing Halo my entire life and I already just hand the sniper over to them lol. I’m by no means a slouch with it, but they just land some gnarly shots with much more ease than I do. Honestly, I think some people are just advertising that they aren’t very good at the game haha.
> > > >
> > > > Nah, KBM will always lose BR fights to decent controller players. Has nothing to do with not being good. KBM will only have success in social. You have to be extremely good on KBM to have success in ranked
> > >
> > > Man that just ain’t true at all lmao. I don’t know where you are getting that opinion, but it really isn’t supported by much. Sure there are top end controller players, but there are also top end M&K players. You could just say “you have to be good to have success in ranked” and it would actually be true. Idk what M&K players you know or watch or talk to, but maybe they are just bad, man.
> >
> > It is supported by a lot. How many KBM streamers do you see? How come every single MCC tournament is nothing but controller players? Have you even tried to use a mouse yourself in MCC? Why is it you almost never see KBM players above rank 20 in any playlist?
> >
> > I put around 400 hours of KBM time into MCC and switched back to a controller out of frustration. Despite not using a controller in years, I consistently land 4-5 shots. The aim assist practically does all the aiming for you.
>
> A lot of this is probably because Halo has been an xbox game almost exclusively for the last 20 years, so people have far more familiarity with the game when playing with controller. And uhh… I definitely do see plenty of K&M players above rank 20, I don’t know why you don’t.
>
> Also, if you put that many hours into the game on K&M and were still better with the controller, maybe you just aren’t good with K&M. I could do the exact same thing and STILL come back to controller because it is by far what I am more experienced with in the long term. Being better with a controller doesn’t mean that M&K is bad, I hope you understand this.

Halo hasn’t been Xbox exclusive since 2003 when HCE came to PC and 2007 when H2 came to PC, so that’s just wrong. That has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of new streamers who all play Halo on controller. I wonder why…

That’s funny, because when I search in H3 Team Slayer and H3 Hardcore, all I see are controller players. The only KBM players I see are usually low ranked and only in my games because the matchmaking is bad. Seriously, when you see a KBM player, look at their rank.

That’s ridiculous, I am a great KBM player and I am highly rated in several PC shooters. My aim is good in Halo, but the thing is, controller players don’t realize that missing is a normal part of human gameplay. Even the best players have low shot accuracies. Look at Overwatch where normal McCree accuracy is around 40%-45%, with top players in the whole world hitting 55%. Now my accuracy in Halo 3 is much higher than that due to bullet mag, but it is nowhere near the inhuman aim controller simply grants you.

You seriously need to try using KBM in some ranked matches around rank 20. It’s hilarious to me how people with ZERO experience on KBM insist they know how it plays.

Using the AR and pistol I can net 25 kills a game. Give me a BR or a commando and I can’t hit anything.

> 2723605488957451;13:
> > 2533274802341352;12:
> > > 2723605488957451;11:
> > > > 2533274802341352;10:
> > > > > 2723605488957451;9:
> > > > > > 2533274802341352;7:
> > > > > > > 2533274810177460;6:
> > > > > > > > 2533274802341352;5:
> > > > > > > > > 2533274801036271;3:
> > > > > > > > > I didn’t like my aim until I fiddled with the settings, after that I was much more consistent. Aim assist only exists within certain ranges, which means using things like the Sidekick long range of quite difficult on Xbox. I’m not a keyboard and mouse user so I can’t say if they found it easier.
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > I’ve started playing MCC with my work keyboard and mouse and it’s not nearly as hard to aim as I was expecting based on the elitest attitude I’ve been seeing.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Yea, the people saying M&K on MCC feels bad are just… wrong haha. Every single one of my friends, my brother, and my girlfriend all play M&K and they never have an issue. I even ask them sometimes if they think it feels off (since I see the people saying that here) and they never think so. I also asked them if Infinite felt weird on M&K and they thought it was fine, one friend even said it’s the best feeling fps he’s played, and he’s a big Valorant guy.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Buddy of mine plays MCC on K&M as well, he’s not a Halo guy at all, and has put very little practice into it. MCC is even his first Halo game. Yet he outperforms me, a controller vet since '05 who always felt like a pretty solid player, very consistently.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Yea I have been playing Halo my entire life and I already just hand the sniper over to them lol. I’m by no means a slouch with it, but they just land some gnarly shots with much more ease than I do. Honestly, I think some people are just advertising that they aren’t very good at the game haha.
> > > > >
> > > > > Nah, KBM will always lose BR fights to decent controller players. Has nothing to do with not being good. KBM will only have success in social. You have to be extremely good on KBM to have success in ranked
> > > >
> > > > Man that just ain’t true at all lmao. I don’t know where you are getting that opinion, but it really isn’t supported by much. Sure there are top end controller players, but there are also top end M&K players. You could just say “you have to be good to have success in ranked” and it would actually be true. Idk what M&K players you know or watch or talk to, but maybe they are just bad, man.
> > >
> > > It is supported by a lot. How many KBM streamers do you see? How come every single MCC tournament is nothing but controller players? Have you even tried to use a mouse yourself in MCC? Why is it you almost never see KBM players above rank 20 in any playlist?
> > >
> > > I put around 400 hours of KBM time into MCC and switched back to a controller out of frustration. Despite not using a controller in years, I consistently land 4-5 shots. The aim assist practically does all the aiming for you.
> >
> > A lot of this is probably because Halo has been an xbox game almost exclusively for the last 20 years, so people have far more familiarity with the game when playing with controller. And uhh… I definitely do see plenty of K&M players above rank 20, I don’t know why you don’t.
> >
> > Also, if you put that many hours into the game on K&M and were still better with the controller, maybe you just aren’t good with K&M. I could do the exact same thing and STILL come back to controller because it is by far what I am more experienced with in the long term. Being better with a controller doesn’t mean that M&K is bad, I hope you understand this.
>
> Halo hasn’t been Xbox exclusive since 2003 when HCE came to PC and 2007 when H2 came to PC, so that’s just wrong. That has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of new streamers who all play Halo on controller. I wonder why…
>
> That’s funny, because when I search in H3 Team Slayer and H3 Hardcore, all I see are controller players. The only KBM players I see are usually low ranked and only in my games because the matchmaking is bad. Seriously, when you see a KBM player, look at their rank.
>
> That’s ridiculous, I am a great KBM player and I am highly rated in several PC shooters. My aim is good in Halo, but the thing is, controller players don’t realize that missing is a normal part of human gameplay. Even the best players have low shot accuracies. Look at Overwatch where normal McCree accuracy is around 40%-45%, with top players in the whole world hitting 55%. Now my accuracy in Halo 3 is much higher than that due to bullet mag, but it is nowhere near the inhuman aim controller simply grants you.
>
> You seriously need to try using KBM in some ranked matches around rank 20. It’s hilarious to me how people with ZERO experience on KBM insist they know how it plays.

You so clearly just have some weird bias against controller man. So what if most streamers play the game on controller, who cares. Who cares if the higher ranked people are typically controller users. Who cares about world wide accuracy. People care that the game feels good and is fun. People who thought the other Halo’s felt good and were fun, do not think that Infinite feels good and is fun. Wanting controller to be fun to use doesn’t come at the cost of M&K sucking, but you really seem to think it does. This conversation is just circles man, you just keep talking about how the poor M&K crowd is apparently getting walked all over by the controller crowd, but you and like, two other dudes are the only ones who seem to think so in these threads.

On a different note, why even play the game with controller if you hate controller so much. Like, just go play something else where you, as an individual, have a better time with M&K, it’s ok.

> 2533274802341352;15:
> > 2723605488957451;13:
> > > 2533274802341352;12:
> > > > 2723605488957451;11:
> > > > > 2533274802341352;10:
> > > > > > 2723605488957451;9:
> > > > > > > 2533274802341352;7:
> > > > > > > > 2533274810177460;6:
> > > > > > > > > 2533274802341352;5:
> > > > > > > > > > 2533274801036271;3:
> > > > > > > > > > I didn’t like my aim until I fiddled with the settings, after that I was much more consistent. Aim assist only exists within certain ranges, which means using things like the Sidekick long range of quite difficult on Xbox. I’m not a keyboard and mouse user so I can’t say if they found it easier.
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > I’ve started playing MCC with my work keyboard and mouse and it’s not nearly as hard to aim as I was expecting based on the elitest attitude I’ve been seeing.
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > Yea, the people saying M&K on MCC feels bad are just… wrong haha. Every single one of my friends, my brother, and my girlfriend all play M&K and they never have an issue. I even ask them sometimes if they think it feels off (since I see the people saying that here) and they never think so. I also asked them if Infinite felt weird on M&K and they thought it was fine, one friend even said it’s the best feeling fps he’s played, and he’s a big Valorant guy.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Buddy of mine plays MCC on K&M as well, he’s not a Halo guy at all, and has put very little practice into it. MCC is even his first Halo game. Yet he outperforms me, a controller vet since '05 who always felt like a pretty solid player, very consistently.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Yea I have been playing Halo my entire life and I already just hand the sniper over to them lol. I’m by no means a slouch with it, but they just land some gnarly shots with much more ease than I do. Honestly, I think some people are just advertising that they aren’t very good at the game haha.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Nah, KBM will always lose BR fights to decent controller players. Has nothing to do with not being good. KBM will only have success in social. You have to be extremely good on KBM to have success in ranked
> > > > >
> > > > > Man that just ain’t true at all lmao. I don’t know where you are getting that opinion, but it really isn’t supported by much. Sure there are top end controller players, but there are also top end M&K players. You could just say “you have to be good to have success in ranked” and it would actually be true. Idk what M&K players you know or watch or talk to, but maybe they are just bad, man.
> > > >
> > > > It is supported by a lot. How many KBM streamers do you see? How come every single MCC tournament is nothing but controller players? Have you even tried to use a mouse yourself in MCC? Why is it you almost never see KBM players above rank 20 in any playlist?
> > > >
> > > > I put around 400 hours of KBM time into MCC and switched back to a controller out of frustration. Despite not using a controller in years, I consistently land 4-5 shots. The aim assist practically does all the aiming for you.
> > >
> > > A lot of this is probably because Halo has been an xbox game almost exclusively for the last 20 years, so people have far more familiarity with the game when playing with controller. And uhh… I definitely do see plenty of K&M players above rank 20, I don’t know why you don’t.
> > >
> > > Also, if you put that many hours into the game on K&M and were still better with the controller, maybe you just aren’t good with K&M. I could do the exact same thing and STILL come back to controller because it is by far what I am more experienced with in the long term. Being better with a controller doesn’t mean that M&K is bad, I hope you understand this.
> >
> > Halo hasn’t been Xbox exclusive since 2003 when HCE came to PC and 2007 when H2 came to PC, so that’s just wrong. That has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of new streamers who all play Halo on controller. I wonder why…
> >
> > That’s funny, because when I search in H3 Team Slayer and H3 Hardcore, all I see are controller players. The only KBM players I see are usually low ranked and only in my games because the matchmaking is bad. Seriously, when you see a KBM player, look at their rank.
> >
> > That’s ridiculous, I am a great KBM player and I am highly rated in several PC shooters. My aim is good in Halo, but the thing is, controller players don’t realize that missing is a normal part of human gameplay. Even the best players have low shot accuracies. Look at Overwatch where normal McCree accuracy is around 40%-45%, with top players in the whole world hitting 55%. Now my accuracy in Halo 3 is much higher than that due to bullet mag, but it is nowhere near the inhuman aim controller simply grants you.
> >
> > You seriously need to try using KBM in some ranked matches around rank 20. It’s hilarious to me how people with ZERO experience on KBM insist they know how it plays.
>
> You so clearly just have some weird bias against controller man. So what if most streamers play the game on controller, who cares. Who cares if the higher ranked people are typically controller users. Who cares about world wide accuracy. People care that the game feels good and is fun. People who thought the other Halo’s felt good and were fun, do not think that Infinite feels good and is fun. Wanting controller to be fun to use doesn’t come at the cost of M&K sucking, but you really seem to think it does. This conversation is just circles man, you just keep talking about how the poor M&K crowd is apparently getting walked all over by the controller crowd, but you and like, two other dudes are the only ones who seem to think so in these threads.
>
> On a different note, why even play the game with controller if you hate controller so much. Like, just go play something else where you, as an individual, have a better time with M&K, it’s ok.

You asked me what supports my argument that KBM isn’t good and I told you. I’m not complaining about streamers using controllers, I’m using it as an example that no top tier players use KBM because it’s not good. KBM is not viable for anything other than social or low level ranked unless you are a god with inhuman aim. I prefer KBM and KBM feels like dog when you’re getting beat by people with zero awareness or tactics, but can simply out-BR you every time they see you because the aim assist is ridiculous.

I’m not the only one with this opinion. You’d have to be living under a rock to not have heard anything about this since the day MCC came to PC. Just google it, there are TONS of people who agree. There are plenty of KBM players on the steam community who quit because they don’t like using a controller and aim assist is just too much for KBM to compete.

I hate controller, but I love Halo. I’ve played Halo since 2001 and I want to enjoy it. I sadly can’t enjoy it the way I want, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to stop playing. I find it funny that players like you are so deadset on having broken aim assist that you’d prefer those who don’t like it quit than to have it reduced. That says a lot.

> 2723605488957451;16:
> > 2533274802341352;15:
> > > 2723605488957451;13:
> > > > 2533274802341352;12:
> > > > > 2723605488957451;11:
> > > > > > 2533274802341352;10:
> > > > > > > 2723605488957451;9:
> > > > > > > > 2533274802341352;7:
> > > > > > > > > 2533274810177460;6:
> > > > > > > > > > 2533274802341352;5:
> > > > > > > > > > > 2533274801036271;3:
> > > > > > > > > > > I didn’t like my aim until I fiddled with the settings, after that I was much more consistent. Aim assist only exists within certain ranges, which means using things like the Sidekick long range of quite difficult on Xbox. I’m not a keyboard and mouse user so I can’t say if they found it easier.
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > I’ve started playing MCC with my work keyboard and mouse and it’s not nearly as hard to aim as I was expecting based on the elitest attitude I’ve been seeing.
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > Yea, the people saying M&K on MCC feels bad are just… wrong haha. Every single one of my friends, my brother, and my girlfriend all play M&K and they never have an issue. I even ask them sometimes if they think it feels off (since I see the people saying that here) and they never think so. I also asked them if Infinite felt weird on M&K and they thought it was fine, one friend even said it’s the best feeling fps he’s played, and he’s a big Valorant guy.
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > Buddy of mine plays MCC on K&M as well, he’s not a Halo guy at all, and has put very little practice into it. MCC is even his first Halo game. Yet he outperforms me, a controller vet since '05 who always felt like a pretty solid player, very consistently.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Yea I have been playing Halo my entire life and I already just hand the sniper over to them lol. I’m by no means a slouch with it, but they just land some gnarly shots with much more ease than I do. Honestly, I think some people are just advertising that they aren’t very good at the game haha.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Nah, KBM will always lose BR fights to decent controller players. Has nothing to do with not being good. KBM will only have success in social. You have to be extremely good on KBM to have success in ranked
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Man that just ain’t true at all lmao. I don’t know where you are getting that opinion, but it really isn’t supported by much. Sure there are top end controller players, but there are also top end M&K players. You could just say “you have to be good to have success in ranked” and it would actually be true. Idk what M&K players you know or watch or talk to, but maybe they are just bad, man.
> > > > >
> > > > > It is supported by a lot. How many KBM streamers do you see? How come every single MCC tournament is nothing but controller players? Have you even tried to use a mouse yourself in MCC? Why is it you almost never see KBM players above rank 20 in any playlist?
> > > > >
> > > > > I put around 400 hours of KBM time into MCC and switched back to a controller out of frustration. Despite not using a controller in years, I consistently land 4-5 shots. The aim assist practically does all the aiming for you.
> > > >
> > > > A lot of this is probably because Halo has been an xbox game almost exclusively for the last 20 years, so people have far more familiarity with the game when playing with controller. And uhh… I definitely do see plenty of K&M players above rank 20, I don’t know why you don’t.
> > > >
> > > > Also, if you put that many hours into the game on K&M and were still better with the controller, maybe you just aren’t good with K&M. I could do the exact same thing and STILL come back to controller because it is by far what I am more experienced with in the long term. Being better with a controller doesn’t mean that M&K is bad, I hope you understand this.
> > >
> > > Halo hasn’t been Xbox exclusive since 2003 when HCE came to PC and 2007 when H2 came to PC, so that’s just wrong. That has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of new streamers who all play Halo on controller. I wonder why…
> > >
> > > That’s funny, because when I search in H3 Team Slayer and H3 Hardcore, all I see are controller players. The only KBM players I see are usually low ranked and only in my games because the matchmaking is bad. Seriously, when you see a KBM player, look at their rank.
> > >
> > > That’s ridiculous, I am a great KBM player and I am highly rated in several PC shooters. My aim is good in Halo, but the thing is, controller players don’t realize that missing is a normal part of human gameplay. Even the best players have low shot accuracies. Look at Overwatch where normal McCree accuracy is around 40%-45%, with top players in the whole world hitting 55%. Now my accuracy in Halo 3 is much higher than that due to bullet mag, but it is nowhere near the inhuman aim controller simply grants you.
> > >
> > > You seriously need to try using KBM in some ranked matches around rank 20. It’s hilarious to me how people with ZERO experience on KBM insist they know how it plays.
> >
> > You so clearly just have some weird bias against controller man. So what if most streamers play the game on controller, who cares. Who cares if the higher ranked people are typically controller users. Who cares about world wide accuracy. People care that the game feels good and is fun. People who thought the other Halo’s felt good and were fun, do not think that Infinite feels good and is fun. Wanting controller to be fun to use doesn’t come at the cost of M&K sucking, but you really seem to think it does. This conversation is just circles man, you just keep talking about how the poor M&K crowd is apparently getting walked all over by the controller crowd, but you and like, two other dudes are the only ones who seem to think so in these threads.
> >
> > On a different note, why even play the game with controller if you hate controller so much. Like, just go play something else where you, as an individual, have a better time with M&K, it’s ok.
>
> You asked me what supports my argument that KBM isn’t good and I told you. I’m not complaining about streamers using controllers, I’m using it as an example that no top tier players use KBM because it’s not good. KBM is not viable for anything other than social or low level ranked unless you are a god with inhuman aim. I prefer KBM and KBM feels like dog when you’re getting beat by people with zero awareness or tactics, but can simply out-BR you every time they see you because the aim assist is ridiculous.
>
> I’m not the only one with this opinion. You’d have to be living under a rock to not have heard anything about this since the day MCC came to PC. Just google it, there are TONS of people who agree. There are plenty of KBM players on the steam community who quit because they don’t like using a controller and aim assist is just too much for KBM to compete.
>
> I hate controller, but I love Halo. I’ve played Halo since 2001 and I want to enjoy it. I sadly can’t enjoy it the way I want, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to stop playing. I find it funny that players like you are so deadset on having broken aim assist that you’d prefer those who don’t like it quit than to have it reduced. That says a lot.

"You asked me what supports my argument that KBM isn’t good and I told you. I’m not complaining about streamers using controllers, I’m using it as an example that no top tier players use KBM because it’s not good. KBM is not viable for anything other than social or low level ranked unless you are a god with inhuman aim". If you replace M&K with controller, that is exactly how Infinite feels. If you really are unbiased, then you should be totally fine with having controller aim improved to be more viable for everyone.