"Stalker" to be the new "armor lock"?

You all remember armor lock, the game breaking AA. It made you invincible for a couple of seconds, plus it has an EMP blast. Well get this, stalker lets you see the last person who killed you no matter where they are. Say goodbye to stealth and the element of surprise. Could this be the new game-breaking mechanic? What is your opinion on this?

> You all remember armor lock, the game breaking AA. It made you invincible for a couple of seconds, plus it has an EMP blast. Well get this, stalker lets you see the last person who killed you no matter where they are, from what I’ve read. Say goodbye to stealth and the element of surprise. Could this be the new game-breaking mechanic? What is your opinion on this?

If the player using it sucks, this won’t help them kill you. You can also let your team have the sloppy seconds on that guy, causing it to swap around.

If all they’re focusing is the arrow, they can end up being tunnel-visioned. This can be easily used for bait. It’s like "Bum Bait"ing, but this time, you don’t need to stick your bum out. Just need to back up. :slight_smile:

You use Stalker to see me after I kill you, I use PV to see your whole team, I win! :stuck_out_tongue:
In all seriousness though this does sound like it could be a pain in the -Yoink-, I hope that there’s at least an indicator of when you’re being tagged.

I think it will be good. i mean it is only 1 person so it isn’t like you can see the whole team at once.

first of all people will not have this ability for a fair amount of time, and this is not even close to armor lock and i doubt everyone and their brother will use it when they get to that high of a rank, so no worries chill

> You use Stalker to see me after I kill you, I use PV to see your whole team, I win! :stuck_out_tongue:
> In all seriousness though this does sound like it could be a pain in the -Yoink!-, I hope that there’s at least an indicator of when you’re being tagged.

Just remember your kills, and take advantage of the guy focusing on the arrow. Or let your friends have a turn kicking him around. All they need is to shoot at him to move the arrow around.

> I think it will be good. i mean it is only 1 person so it isn’t like you can see the whole team at once.

Granted, remember that this team-based halo is team based. This usually means you’ll find the whole team.

Catch the bird, deal with the flock.

> I think it will be good. i mean it is only 1 person so it isn’t like you can see the whole team at once.

But then that one person will be hellbent on killing you. What is he finds a sniper rifle or a spartan laser? I’d be screwed.

Like i said before. If you are that worried, change your position. In big team battle this wont be an issue. And if its 4v4, it seriously wont be hard to find you. Are there really that many places that i dont know about that you can hide and camp? You do realize that in Reach when i go shot in the head the camera would pan to the general direction of the person who killed me anyway.

> > I think it will be good. i mean it is only 1 person so it isn’t like you can see the whole team at once.
>
> Granted, remember that this team-based halo is team based. This usually means you’ll find the whole team.
>
> Catch the bird, deal with the flock.

> > I think it will be good. i mean it is only 1 person so it isn’t like you can see the whole team at once.
>
> But then that one person will be hellbent on killing you. What is he finds a sniper rifle or a spartan laser? I’d be screwed.

idk i always lone wolf it so i wouldnt be too worried about it. If they catch me off guard then good for them i will just have to be more on my toes when i play.

> Like i said before. If you are that worried, change your position. In big team battle this wont be an issue. And if its 4v4, it seriously wont be hard to find you. Are there really that many places that i dont know about that you can hide and camp? You do realize that in Reach when i go shot in the head the camera would pan to the general direction of the person who killed me anyway.

Changing my position won’t help when there’s a big arrow over my head screaming “Hey! He’s over here!”

> > Like i said before. If you are that worried, change your position. In big team battle this wont be an issue. And if its 4v4, it seriously wont be hard to find you. Are there really that many places that i dont know about that you can hide and camp? You do realize that in Reach when i go shot in the head the camera would pan to the general direction of the person who killed me anyway.
>
> Changing my position won’t help when there’s a big arrow over my head screaming “Hey! He’s over here!”

The big arrow wont last for long…its not going to be on there the whole 12 minutes of play. Probably not even a minute.

> > You use Stalker to see me after I kill you, I use PV to see your whole team, I win! :stuck_out_tongue:
> > In all seriousness though this does sound like it could be a pain in the -Yoink!-, I hope that there’s at least an indicator of when you’re being tagged.
>
> Just remember your kills, and take advantage of the guy focusing on the arrow. Or let your friends have a turn kicking him around. All they need is to shoot at him to move the arrow around.

Lol I can already see dancing arrows happening when teamshot.

> > > Like i said before. If you are that worried, change your position. In big team battle this wont be an issue. And if its 4v4, it seriously wont be hard to find you. Are there really that many places that i dont know about that you can hide and camp? You do realize that in Reach when i go shot in the head the camera would pan to the general direction of the person who killed me anyway.
> >
> > Changing my position won’t help when there’s a big arrow over my head screaming “Hey! He’s over here!”
>
> The big arrow wont last for long…its not going to be on there the whole 12 minutes of play. Probably not even a minute.

It’s…temporary? THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING. I know it’s not confirmed but it does.

I feel like Stalker would have the opposite effect of Armor Lock. Speeding up the gameplay.

> > > > Like i said before. If you are that worried, change your position. In big team battle this wont be an issue. And if its 4v4, it seriously wont be hard to find you. Are there really that many places that i dont know about that you can hide and camp? You do realize that in Reach when i go shot in the head the camera would pan to the general direction of the person who killed me anyway.
> > >
> > > Changing my position won’t help when there’s a big arrow over my head screaming “Hey! He’s over here!”
> >
> > The big arrow wont last for long…its not going to be on there the whole 12 minutes of play. Probably not even a minute.
>
> It’s…temporary? THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING. I know it’s not confirmed but it does.

No it hasnt been confirmed but i dont see why this would last so long, i cant see it lasting for anymore than a minute. Knowing where the other team is the whole game after 1 person kills you makes this balence? Not in my opinion.

> > > > > Like i said before. If you are that worried, change your position. In big team battle this wont be an issue. And if its 4v4, it seriously wont be hard to find you. Are there really that many places that i dont know about that you can hide and camp? You do realize that in Reach when i go shot in the head the camera would pan to the general direction of the person who killed me anyway.
> > > >
> > > > Changing my position won’t help when there’s a big arrow over my head screaming “Hey! He’s over here!”
> > >
> > > The big arrow wont last for long…its not going to be on there the whole 12 minutes of play. Probably not even a minute.
> >
> > It’s…temporary? THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING. I know it’s not confirmed but it does.
>
> No it hasnt been confirmed but i dont see why this would last so long, i cant see it lasting for anymore than a minute. Knowing where the other team is the whole game after 1 person kills you makes this balence? Not in my opinion.

That was my initial guess at how itd be balanced. I mean, if it’s for a minute or so it sounds fine. If more than that it’s a bit overpowered i think.

For Stalker:
“Pops up on the HUD an icon of the last person that killed you.” It also tracks enemies who’ve attacked but not killed you as well, making it useful for both retaliation and revenge.

Everyone is mentioning the first part but not the second. To me it seems you can put yourself out in the open for a second as bait, let the enemies shoot you once then back up and tell your entire team where the other team is constantly. So yes it all depends on how long the tracking lasts, if it’s permanent until death. Otherwise a very skilled player will get a permanent Promethean Vision.

Just makes you stay on the move. As well as promote better teamwork. And perhaps can be used as an advantage for the person who has the marker. It could easily be set up as bait to draw in someone and ambush.

Personally, I feel like all these new elements push people to play a more team oriented game.