SR 999

There is no downside.

…no, just no…wait. Your right…

Seeing as how we won’t be getting in game CSR, I have to agree. At the very least its something to do.

Except 343 would have to come up with that many more Specializations for people to choose from. Then they would have to have armor, weapon skins, and armor mods for all of them.

> Except 343 would have to come up with that many more Specializations for people to choose from. Then they would have to have armor, weapon skins, and armor mods for all of them.

Not to mention the people that play long enough to unlock the remaining 87 hypothetical Specializations would have newcomers to the game at a sever disadvantage. I would like to see someone come up with that many and have them each be useful, original, and not redundant.

> …no, just no…wait. Your right…
>
> Seeing as how we won’t be getting in game CSR, I have to agree. At the very least its something to do.

What about commendations? Have you finished them all to 100% yet? If not, that’s something to do as well.

> Except 343 would have to come up with that many more Specializations for people to choose from. Then they would have to have armor, weapon skins, and armor mods for all of them.

Who said that? The Tarp!? Has the Tarp sent a prophet to us!?

What if after a certain point ranking up actually ununlocks everything? The Halo could almost be Halo again! It is truely a sign! I have seen the other side of the Tarp and it is good!!!

> > Except 343 would have to come up with that many more Specializations for people to choose from. Then they would have to have armor, weapon skins, and armor mods for all of them.
>
> Not to mention the people that play long enough to unlock the remaining 87 hypothetical Specializations would have newcomers to the game at a sever disadvantage. I would like to see someone come up with that many and have them each be useful, original, and not redundant.
>
>
>
> > …no, just no…wait. Your right…
> >
> > Seeing as how we won’t be getting in game CSR, I have to agree. At the very least its something to do.
>
> What about commendations? Have you finished them all to 100% yet? If not, that’s something to do as well.

I have no idea what your on about but he never said there needs to be more specializations and there doesnt need to be. Just give us more ranks FFS.
So many more people would play the game more often due to alot of people wanting to get the highest rank or wanting to be higher than their friends and enemies. More people online = better connections for all, quicker search times and more feedback and sales for 343.

> > Except 343 would have to come up with that many more Specializations for people to choose from. Then they would have to have armor, weapon skins, and armor mods for all of them.
>
> Who said that? The Tarp!? Has the Tarp sent a prophet to us!?

Uh… sure? Why are so many people so obsessed with the tarp? It was funny for a few days, but now it’s getting to be too much for me. Everything has to have some mention of a tarp in it.

What James Bond said.

> > > Except 343 would have to come up with that many more Specializations for people to choose from. Then they would have to have armor, weapon skins, and armor mods for all of them.
> >
> > Not to mention the people that play long enough to unlock the remaining 87 hypothetical Specializations would have newcomers to the game at a sever disadvantage. I would like to see someone come up with that many and have them each be useful, original, and not redundant.
> >
> >
> >
> > > …no, just no…wait. Your right…
> > >
> > > Seeing as how we won’t be getting in game CSR, I have to agree. At the very least its something to do.
> >
> > What about commendations? Have you finished them all to 100% yet? If not, that’s something to do as well.
>
> I have no idea what your on about but he never said there needs to be more specializations and there doesnt need to be. Just give us more ranks FFS.
> So many more people would play the game more often due to alot of people wanting to get the highest rank or wanting to be higher than their friends and enemies. More people online = better connections for all, quicker search times and more feedback and sales for 343.

So they’re just going to make it so that you do 8 Specializations to get to 130, but after that, you just rank up like normal? And they’re also going to add another 869 ranks but you don’t get anything for ranking up anymore? That doesn’t make much sense to me.

You get bragging rights, which isn’t much without competitive ranking but it’s still something.

Also in a real military you would be trained in a specialization and then be promoted, not train in a bunch of different specializations, because then there is nothing really special about them. If 343i really wants to argue their MM is Spartan training then they wouldn’t have an unending number of specializations anyway.

> > > > Except 343 would have to come up with that many more Specializations for people to choose from. Then they would have to have armor, weapon skins, and armor mods for all of them.
> > >
> > > Not to mention the people that play long enough to unlock the remaining 87 hypothetical Specializations would have newcomers to the game at a sever disadvantage. I would like to see someone come up with that many and have them each be useful, original, and not redundant.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > …no, just no…wait. Your right…
> > > >
> > > > Seeing as how we won’t be getting in game CSR, I have to agree. At the very least its something to do.
> > >
> > > What about commendations? Have you finished them all to 100% yet? If not, that’s something to do as well.
> >
> > I have no idea what your on about but he never said there needs to be more specializations and there doesnt need to be. Just give us more ranks FFS.
> > So many more people would play the game more often due to alot of people wanting to get the highest rank or wanting to be higher than their friends and enemies. More people online = better connections for all, quicker search times and more feedback and sales for 343.
>
> So they’re just going to make it so that you do 8 Specializations to get to 130, but after that, you just rank up like normal? And they’re also going to add another 869 ranks but you don’t get anything for ranking up anymore? That doesn’t make much sense to me.

Psh, haven’t you heard? People LOVE ranking systems where the only incentive is to raise your number higher than the other guys.

> You get bragging rights, which isn’t much without competitive ranking but it’s still something.
>
> Also in a real military you would be trained in a specialization and then be promoted, not train in a bunch of different specializations, because then there is nothing really special about them. If 343i really wants to argue their MM is Spartan training then they wouldn’t have an unending number of specializations anyway.

As a veteran, I can assure you that is no where near how it works. You chose your rating well before you leave basic, attend an ‘A’ school for it, and go from there. You can actually cross rate, should you meet the qualifications and complete the appropriate PQS and exams. There is also only so far you can go in the ranks in the military as well, without being an officer. For a video game, it’s pretty close as is, really.

maybe i want to go to 1,000

> > > > > Except 343 would have to come up with that many more Specializations for people to choose from. Then they would have to have armor, weapon skins, and armor mods for all of them.
> > > >
> > > > Not to mention the people that play long enough to unlock the remaining 87 hypothetical Specializations would have newcomers to the game at a sever disadvantage. I would like to see someone come up with that many and have them each be useful, original, and not redundant.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > …no, just no…wait. Your right…
> > > > >
> > > > > Seeing as how we won’t be getting in game CSR, I have to agree. At the very least its something to do.
> > > >
> > > > What about commendations? Have you finished them all to 100% yet? If not, that’s something to do as well.
> > >
> > > I have no idea what your on about but he never said there needs to be more specializations and there doesnt need to be. Just give us more ranks FFS.
> > > So many more people would play the game more often due to alot of people wanting to get the highest rank or wanting to be higher than their friends and enemies. More people online = better connections for all, quicker search times and more feedback and sales for 343.
> >
> > So they’re just going to make it so that you do 8 Specializations to get to 130, but after that, you just rank up like normal? And they’re also going to add another 869 ranks but you don’t get anything for ranking up anymore? That doesn’t make much sense to me.
>
> Psh, haven’t you heard? People LOVE ranking systems where the only incentive is to raise your number higher than the other guys.

I did that in Reach with my rank xD I made it my personal goal to beat the tar out of my friends and reach the top first. As crazy as it sounds, I wouldn’t mind that in Halo 4 =P

It seems too fast to reach a max level, especially coming after Reach. I think 343 will raise the level cap, whether they add more specializations or not

So far we have an assassin, a tank driver, and a sniper. Are you really saying this much cross training goes on in the military? I understand these are super soldiers, but I really think once you become a sniper or a pilot in the military you generally stay somewhere along that track.

Rewarding players with silly imaginary numbers is the foundation of video games. When I work hard for a challenge or commendation all I want is to see some xp bar fill up with points until it gives me back some shiny lights.

Willie gets it.

> So far we have an assassin, a tank driver, and a sniper. Are you really saying this much cross training goes on in the military? I understand these are super soldiers, but I really think once you become a sniper or a pilot in the military you generally stay somewhere along that track.

It does indeed happen. In basic, I was rated as a Fireman (basic, jack of all trades Engineer, with no real specialization), towards the end of basic, I decided to go Machinist Mate, which is a much more detailed job rating, cutting down the field of departments I could go into, ended up specializing even further into a Cryogenics technician, which still falls under the Engineer ratings. About a year before I retired, I grew bored of that, so went through my chain of command and got approval to cross rate into Master at Arms (or MP, Military Police, the Army term for it).

I had shipmates that started as Engineers, and ended up in Cryptography, Navigation, Jet Shop, and even one who went into the SEALs.

Well you learn something new everyday! Either way, as far as Halo is concerned, I think 343 doesn’t necissarily have to create that much content. Think maybe 2 more specializations would be nice, but they don’t have to fill every ten ranks up to 999, they could just remove the cap.