SR 152 assistance?

I feel like if there’s going to be a reward in Halo Infinite for reaching SR 152 in Halo 5 we should get some assistance other than the occasional double xp in certain playlists or the microtransactions for xp boosts in warzone and arena. It surprised me that when Halo 5 had its 5th birthday we only got global double xp for a month. Since it was the FIFTH birthday of the FIFTH Halo game I was hoping for x5 xp or something. I would like to get to 152 before the launch of Halo Infinite but since I’m currently at 98 I still have the better part of 50 million xp to go. My guess is launch will be some time in October or November so that’s about 12 mil xp a month. I sincerely doubt that’s doable without more bonus xp events.

Sorry but I don’t think they should add some kind of short cut to get to SR152 for players who haven’t been playing H5. That wouldn’t be very fair to the players who have put in the play time to get there. It also would send a message of don’t worry about playing right away or for a long time, just wait till a short cut is made available. I don’t think you necessarily have to be a 152 when Infinite drops to get the reward. Which BTW is only an armor coating, and kinda a plain looking coating at that if you ask me, so I wouldn’t even worry about getting it.

Nah, I got to 152, like 4 and 1/2 years ago, if by now you aren’t even 145 you haven’t put in any time

> 2533274842709421;1:
> I feel like if there’s going to be a reward in Halo Infinite for reaching SR 152 in Halo 5 we should get some assistance other than the occasional double xp in certain playlists or the microtransactions for xp boosts in warzone and arena. It surprised me that when Halo 5 had its 5th birthday we only got global double xp for a month. Since it was the FIFTH birthday of the FIFTH Halo game I was hoping for x5 xp or something. I would like to get to 152 before the launch of Halo Infinite but since I’m currently at 98 I still have the better part of 50 million xp to go. My guess is launch will be some time in October or November so that’s about 12 mil xp a month. I sincerely doubt that’s doable without more bonus xp events.

Yeah you’re about 5 years too late to the grind lol.
All jokes aside, x5 XP is ridiculous, the Infinite rewards were thought for people who were 152 or close to it, who supported the game during these 5-6 years, not for us to grind unhealthy amounts of Mythic Firefight everyday lol.

If I was you I wouldn’t bother since you haven’t even started the real grind yet, there are going to be a ton of better cosmetics in Infinite so I don’t think playing 10 hours a day will be worth it…

Getting to rank 152 now is actually easier than it’s ever been.

Back in the early years of Halo 5 2XP playlists, XP pack handouts & 2XP events weren’t even a thing that existed.

The XP packs were just in store last week for REQ points too. Anyone I know who’s been grinding had loads of REQ’s saves for that exact moment.
Honestly 152 is all about playtime, out the hours in and you’ll get the reward.
It’s not supposed to be handed out to everyone just because they want it. It’s meant to be a reward for the most dedicated players who spent the time to get there.
Increasing XP payouts permanently or increasing the frequency of 2XP events would be a slap in the face to all of the players who put in a tonne of time just to have people get the same reward for way less time invested.

End of the day, if you want the Watchdog coating & whatever else comes with it…you’ve got to work for it

Yeah as someone who is 3 million XP and put in years of time I don’t want there to be help given to those who haven’t done so.
The reward is a thank you to to die hard halo 5 players… Seriously, my play time in H5 is at 80 days (actual play time, not menus).

Many of us have been grinding for a long time, it’s a slog!

> 2563432823637406;6:
> Yeah as someone who is 3 million XP and put in years of time I don’t want there to be help given to those who haven’t done so.
> The reward is a thank you to to die hard halo 5 players… Seriously, my play time in H5 is at 80 days (actual play time, not menus).
>
> Many of us have been grinding for a long time, it’s a slog!

Insane that you aren’t even half way after 80 days of play time.

It’s impossible for most of us to even get close.

Always made me laugh that Gears of War 2 did a 64x exp event so my friend and I grinded from low ranks to max rank in two days.

> 2533274801036271;7:
> > 2563432823637406;6:
> > Yeah as someone who is 3 million XP and put in years of time I don’t want there to be help given to those who haven’t done so.
> > The reward is a thank you to to die hard halo 5 players… Seriously, my play time in H5 is at 80 days (actual play time, not menus).
> >
> > Many of us have been grinding for a long time, it’s a slog!
>
> Insane that you aren’t even half way after 80 days of play time.
>
> It’s impossible for most of us to even get close.
>
> Always made me laugh that Gears of War 2 did a 64x exp event so my friend and I grinded from low ranks to max rank in two days.

Sorry, I meant to say I’m 3 million away from 152, so I’m almost there.

> 2563432823637406;8:
> > 2533274801036271;7:
> > > 2563432823637406;6:
> > >
>
> Sorry, I meant to say I’m 3 million away from 152, so I’m almost there.

Oh haha that’s much more reassuring. I’m only 79 days behind you, don’t think I’ll make it…

Good luck finishing your journey!

> 2533274842709421;1:
> I feel like if there’s going to be a reward in Halo Infinite for reaching SR 152 in Halo 5 we should get some assistance other than the occasional double xp in certain playlists or the microtransactions for xp boosts in warzone and arena. It surprised me that when Halo 5 had its 5th birthday we only got global double xp for a month. Since it was the FIFTH birthday of the FIFTH Halo game I was hoping for x5 xp or something. I would like to get to 152 before the launch of Halo Infinite but since I’m currently at 98 I still have the better part of 50 million xp to go. My guess is launch will be some time in October or November so that’s about 12 mil xp a month. I sincerely doubt that’s doable without more bonus xp events.

Why do you feel you need assistance (or hand out as I’ve called it multiple times before) when it’s a personal choice to play to 152?? 343 wants to reward the dedication of it’s most fervent fans and followers as well as make up for how luke warm H5 was received and the issues it’s had throughout it’s lifespan. They don’t owe you anything. You want a reward, you have to play for it, and from the looks of things, that’s not the case. I took the liberty of looking at your game history, and you haven’t played since April, and even then, it doesn’t look like you played all that much since October… and before that… mostly 2018… So coming from someone who’s 9.5 mil away from 152 and has 47 days into the game (compared to your 3)… you need to actually play the game in order to earn rewards. That being said… they set the max rank at 50 mil because everyone complained that max rank in H4 was too easy… so they fixed that in H5… and now people are complaining about that. I only play on average 2-3 hrs a day during the week and most of the weekend… getting to 152 just requires you to play… that’s all…

While I don’t think the return of global double XP for a short time would be a bad idea, that is pretty much the most anyone should expect. 5x Xp is a pipe dream.

Like others have already said, the reward is for people who put the time in, and they have provided multiple tools to make it a little bit easier (Legendary XP boosts came back, Mythic WZFF is still at an insanely high payout, etc…).

343 are too stingy on this one, the 152 in halo 5 is too long and boring to mount like the last rank in halo MCC.

They literally have featured double XP playlists up constantly, legendary XP boosts being sold more and more often, Mythic firefight is no longer weekends only, and now a month of double XP. It’s never been more efficient to grind 152 than it is now. How much more do you want?

I get it, the grind sucks but it shouldn’t be an automatic unlock.