Squat Dodgey

Hey! I was recently reprimanded for using crouch toggle. Told it limits mobility too much. I do see many players going into squat stand convulsions when under fire trying to Neo their way around the bullets. To me that gets a little twitchy but to each their own.

What I am wondering (suggesting) is when a player is strobing between crouch and standing that it effects their aiming ability? For reasons of immersion, it seems that accuracy should drop severely if one is popping up and down multiple times a second. Let it be a defensive tactic only at the cost of offensive capability.

Does anyone know if that kind of movement affects aiming/bullet “magnetism”? Anyone else agree it should? Cheers!

> 2533274795923008;1:
> Hey! I was recently reprimanded for using crouch toggle. Told it limits mobility too much. I do see many players going into squat stand convulsions when under fire trying to Neo their way around the bullets. To me that gets a little twitchy but to each their own.
>
> What I am wondering (suggesting) is when a player is strobing between crouch and standing that it effects their aiming ability? For reasons of immersion, it seems that accuracy should drop severely if one is popping up and down multiple times a second. Let it be a defensive tactic only at the cost of offensive capability.
>
> Does anyone know if that kind of movement affects aiming/bullet “magnetism”? Anyone else agree it should? Cheers!

I don’t think so, no. The movement isn’t really drastic enough to throw off a semi-decent controller jockey, so it’s not really a terrible hit to your aim.

For the sake of immersion, it would make sense to drop the accuracy, but that’s a far departure from Halo’s signature ultra-accurate and tight shooting.

The reticule isn’t moving that much when you’re doing amplified leg squats. My aim usually gets thrown off when I’m trying too hard on my strafe and I’ve found that sometimes doing minimal movements can work to my advantage. I’ve seen it so many times where someone’s strafing like they’re playing in the world finals and I’ll barely move and win the fight. It’s probably related to my comment about trying too hard and missing.

> 2533274795923008;1:
> Hey! I was recently reprimanded for using crouch toggle. Told it limits mobility too much. I do see many players going into squat stand convulsions when under fire trying to Neo their way around the bullets. To me that gets a little twitchy but to each their own.
>
> What I am wondering (suggesting) is when a player is strobing between crouch and standing that it effects their aiming ability? For reasons of immersion, it seems that accuracy should drop severely if one is popping up and down multiple times a second. Let it be a defensive tactic only at the cost of offensive capability.
>
> Does anyone know if that kind of movement affects aiming/bullet “magnetism”? Anyone else agree it should? Cheers!

It doesn’t affect aiming at all. People turn it off so the can get extra with their crouch strafing jumping around crouching etc. Sometimes it looks like neo lol.

Yeah it doesn’t affect aiming. Only the reticle goes up and down a little but that can be compensated. People turn it off to crouch strafe better to throw others off and such.