Squad Slayer :(

Why!?

It was the most fun slayer playlist . . . It only paired you with full parties if you were in one yourself . . . I came to find out it seems a lot of maps are better suited for 5v5 . . . And if your team of 4 gained another payer you just jumped in squad . . . Which is why I’m being pitiful on this board now . . . All my friends have parties of 4 and I’m not going to be the guy to ruin a perfectly good team . . . Why? Why 343i? Why’d you take my playlist from me too soon?

/pointless, repetitive, mournful rant . . .

I also blame myself since I only really play with people who are on the furthered of +k/d . . . And slayer’s my game type of choice . . . And Reach somehow got BTB wrong . . . :’(

I Was Just About To Complain About Them Removing Squad For Super I Mean Seriously…Bring Squad Back Please And Just Put The TU Playlist Onto The Team Or Just Add Back Squad :frowning: I Play With 5 People Frequently

I’m really shocked how many people are upset about the missing playlist. I never had trouble finding a match . . .

Squad Slayer was one of the few playlists that made Reach playable. No lame community maps, full party restrictions, no Armor Lock, and it had the vastly superior TU settings. Halo 3 is where I will be getting my Halo fix until either they bring back Squad Slayer, or Halo 4 comes out.

Some people wanted TU in Team Slayer and some didn’t, so they made a TU Team Slayer playlist (Super Slayer) in addition to vanilla Team Slayer, but they weren’t about to have two very similar playlists (TU Slayer 4v4 and TU Slayer 5v5).

They made Objective 5v5 to give people a 5v5 playlist, because Objective had a pathetic population anyway.

> Some people wanted TU in Team Slayer and some didn’t, so they made a TU Team Slayer playlist (Super Slayer) in addition to vanilla Team Slayer, but they weren’t about to have two very similar playlists (TU Slayer 4v4 and TU Slayer 5v5).
>
> They made Objective 5v5 to give people a 5v5 playlist, because Objective had a pathetic population anyway.

If objective has such a pathetic population, why not dump it instead?

I know we want variety, but why are we dumping more popular playlists? :confused:

I’ve had my most fun in Reach in Squad . . .

Edit: I find the idea of TUing half the game silly. Either implement the TU or don’t. It even makes traversing playlists difficult due to adjusting to different basic game mechanics. And the Super Slayer playlist is barren. I just don’t see a reasonable argument to dump Squad at this time.

Ya I Prefer Slayer Over Objective Anytime…Especially Since Reach’s Objectives Sucked. I Play Most Of The Time With 5 People And They Got Rid Of The Only Decent Playlist We Had And I Really Want To Play It XD If They Wanna They Could Add 5 Player Swat That’d Make Up For It…For Me Anyways XD

I was also surprised at the removal of Squad Slayer, however it seemed logical with the addition of Super Slayer. It was a nice touch to bump Objective to 5v5, however if they’d throw a couple of slayer options in there, the playlist would be perfect.

removal of squad was illogical, it had great population, nobody complained about it and it had the best mix of AA’s, all were useful but not game breaking

super slayer was not thought about properly, the people who voted TU in team slayer probably only played team slayer to get the mega jackpot and to mess the playlist up for people who like it

instead of removing squad and replacing it with super slayer, they should have kept the option for TU and default in team slayer, giving the players the choice and kept squad slayer

> I was also surprised at the removal of Squad Slayer, however it seemed logical with the addition of Super Slayer. It was a nice touch to bump Objective to 5v5, however if they’d throw a couple of slayer options in there, the playlist would be perfect.

There was nothing “logical” about removing a playlist with a healthy population.

I’m so sick of getting matched up against full teams in other playlists. I’m sick of crappy forge maps, and I’m sick of Armor Lock. Not to mention they removed bleed. Squad was hands down the best slayer playlist in the game. IMO.

You want “logical”? Remove Squad DLC. You can fit everyone playing that playlist on a Greyhound bus.

> I Was Just About To Complain About Them Removing Squad For Super I Mean Seriously…Bring Squad Back Please And Just Put The TU Playlist Onto The Team Or Just Add Back Squad :frowning: I Play With 5 People Frequently

Why do you capitalize the first letter of every word?

Yup, right now there are only 2 playlists I can play.

MLG and SWAT.

343 really did mess up the so called “Traditional experience”

> > I was also surprised at the removal of Squad Slayer, however it seemed logical with the addition of Super Slayer. It was a nice touch to bump Objective to 5v5, however if they’d throw a couple of slayer options in there, the playlist would be perfect.
>
> There was nothing “logical” about removing a playlist with a healthy population.
>
> I’m so sick of getting matched up against full teams in other playlists. I’m sick of crappy forge maps, and I’m sick of Armor Lock. Not to mention they removed bleed. Squad was hands down the best slayer playlist in the game. IMO.
>
> You want “logical”? Remove Squad DLC. You can fit everyone playing that playlist on a Greyhound bus.

Squad Slayer was 5v5 with TU settings. With the addition of Super Slayer (with is 4v4 with TU settings), it made logical sense to remove the larger playlist, or in this case, relocate it in a new variation of Objective.

Getting matched up with full teams is a problem that occurs in every playlist, with Squad Slayer being at the crucible, seeing that Squad Slayer was a competitive team-focused gametype. Forge maps will remain, as will AL. And I agree, Squad Slayer was the best playlist in my opinion, however I understand why they removed it.

Squad DLC, however, is the only playlist for DLC-only maps. It won’t be going anywhere anytime soon, despite its low population.

Why don’t we remove stupid playlists such as living dead, griffball, and Team Slayer then we can bring back squad.

I miss squad it was the only playlist where you could play slayer without AL.

> Squad Slayer was one of the few playlists that made Reach playable. No lame community maps, full party restrictions, no Armor Lock, and it had the vastly superior TU settings.

Quoted for truth.