Squad DLC Lacks Interest

A lot of us have begged for a new DLC-only playlist to be added and when it finally was, it went strong for the first few days. Right now, there’s less than 400 people using it.

343 said it was on probation, meaning if it lacks users, it’s going to get removed.

I can understand that Squad DLC doesn’t have objective gametypes, but have you not thought about showing 343 that if we play on it anyway, they’ll decide to keep it and add objective gametypes to it?

I hope they keep the playlist because it’s 6v6 and no other non-invasion playlist has that option. It needs objective though. There are enough slayer variants and I’m sick of it. I can’t even play BTB without getting slayer 5 games in a row. In fact, they should remove Squad Slayer so this can attract more people and push them to update it. The main reason that playlist existed was because armor lock and with the TU it’s not as big of a problem. We don’t need a separate slayer playlist for 4v4, 5v5, and 6v6 when objective lacks any variety and doesn’t get any attention as it is.

They should have made it Squad DLC, it’s not an issue of people needing the map packs. It’s an issue of people who prefer Objective over Slayer.

> I hope they keep the playlist because it’s 6v6 and no other non-invasion playlist has that option.

I disagree. I think the list’s lack of popularity is due to the 6v6 team mode. 6v6 is too small for maps like Breakpoint and Breakneck, and too big for maps like Uplink and Solitary.

> It needs objective though.

Team Slayer seems to be doing just fine without objective game types, so I don’t think the lack of them is the problem.

Nobody plays it because they screwed it up from the start. The whole playlist needs dmr starts only. No game can be completed without an expired time limit with AR starts on highlands or any of the maps, they are too big to not have precision weapon starts.

It really needs TU settings within it. I didn’t expect it to be Vanilla Slayer only gametypes. It also does need some objective variety in there as well. Highlands is such an awesome map.

Nobody plays it because nobody has all the maps.That’s all.
The only way to fix this is to make dlc free more affordable.

> Nobody plays it because nobody has all the maps.That’s all.
> The only way to fix this is to make dlc free more affordable.

This is true. Squad dlc is the best playlist available right now.

I have the Noble and Defiant DLC.
No Anniversary.
The Squad DLC is for me useless.

Maybe one day i will buy the Anniversary DLC but only if they reduce the price.
15€ is too much.

Lol I dont play it simply because its 100% bloom.

Yup…

The Squad DLC playlist needs:

[/li]- to be separated into a 16-player playlist and an 8 or 10-player playlist.

  • to use the TU.
  • to have OBJECTIVE GAME TYPES.

I played one game.

The vanilla settings, AR starts, and 6v6 environment sent us running back to Squad Slayer/BTB.

> I have the Noble and Defiant DLC.
> No Anniversary.
> The Squad DLC is for me useless.
>
> Maybe one day i will buy the Anniversary DLC but only if they reduce the price.
> 15€ is too much.

1200 msp is to much for 7 maps?

noble, 1200 MSP, 3 maps.
defiant, 1200 MSP, 3 maps.

hm, seems like a bargin to me.

The annv maps shouldn’t be required. We already have four playlists dedicated to those maps. This playlist should have been focused on noble and defiant only.

And yeah there’s the whole vanilla Reach thing too. This playlist is a fail.

> noble, 1200 MSP, 3 maps.
> defiant, 1200 MSP, 3 maps.

Lol. Nope, try again.

> > I have the Noble and Defiant DLC.
> > No Anniversary.
> > The Squad DLC is for me useless.
> >
> > Maybe one day i will buy the Anniversary DLC but only if they reduce the price.
> > 15€ is too much.
>
> 1200 msp is to much for 7 maps?
>
> noble, 1200 MSP, 3 maps.
> defiant, 1200 MSP, 3 maps.
>
> hm, seems like a bargin to me.

Noble 400 pts
Defiant 400 pts

Bought them when pricedrop countdown for new year.

> The Squad DLC playlist needs:
>
> [/li]1. to be separated into a 16-player playlist and an 8 or 10-player playlist.
> 1. to use the TU.
> 1. to have OBJECTIVE GAME TYPES.
[/quote]
I like this, I’d go so far as to say it needs a DLC Rumble Pit as well, with 8 players.
>
> My main concern is that 343 will remove it because of its current lack of popularity, instead of looking at what may have caused this lack of popularity and then fixing them.

It’s low population because they screwed up it up by making an Anniversary playlist clone with some Noble/Defiant maps thrown in, instead of bringing back the old Premium Battle, which was my second favorite playlist.

> Nobody plays it because they screwed it up from the start. The whole playlist needs dmr starts only. No game can be completed without an expired time limit with AR starts on highlands or any of the maps, they are too big to not have precision weapon starts.

Normally, I couldn’t care less if it was DMR or AR starts (even though I prefer DMR starts), but I absolutely agree. Those maps are a bit too big to spawn without a precision weapon.

And yes, I realize you could just go find one. But even then, the gameplay feels much too slow!