Squad Controls

The halo 4 trailer looks as if there will be little or no AI help during campaign. I dont really care about the yes or no but if it is a yes i want the AI to be far more intelligent (no standing in your way, giving your position away etc…). Also if friendly AI is included it would be most enjoyable if they had squad controls (go there, wait, follow, dont engage unless i do, use grenades first etc…) just a thought

Please… This is not Ghost Recon.

I don’t want to have to baby and order my squad to do every little thing like “throw grenade there!” Please, just no.

Basic commands: stealth (crouch, stalk enemies, etc.), attack mode (charge in there and get killed), defensive (stay back and be supportive), stay in place (and live longer), follow leader (T&R style)

Anything more and it will be too easy.

Although I don’t think it is necessary. Halo 3 AI could adapt. I can upload a video showing this if you would like to see.

> Basic commands: stealth (crouch, stalk enemies, etc.), attack mode (charge in there and get killed), defensive (stay back and be supportive), stay in place (and live longer), follow leader (T&R style)
>
> Anything more and it will be too easy.
>
> Although I don’t think it is necessary. Halo 3 AI could adapt. I can upload a video showing this if you would like to see.

I would like to see that video. I don’t quite get what you mean by the AI adapting, this could be interesting for me to see.

> > Basic commands: stealth (crouch, stalk enemies, etc.), attack mode (charge in there and get killed), defensive (stay back and be supportive), stay in place (and live longer), follow leader (T&R style)
> >
> > Anything more and it will be too easy.
> >
> > Although I don’t think it is necessary. Halo 3 AI could adapt. I can upload a video showing this if you would like to see.
>
> I would like to see that video. I don’t quite get what you mean by the AI adapting, this could be interesting for me to see.

Here’s a sample:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm4DWZPEgNA#t=45s

Unfortunately, the supply cases prevented the other Elites from being stealthy.

I think it’s because they had swords. Otherwise, they would have alerted the Brutes.

I can get a better demonstration video but at the moment, I only have this.

> The halo 4 trailer looks as if there will be little or no AI help during campaign. I dont really care about the yes or no but if it is a yes i want the AI to be far more intelligent (no standing in your way, giving your position away etc…). Also if friendly AI is included it would be most enjoyable if they had squad controls (go there, wait, follow, dont engage unless i do, use grenades first etc…) just a thought

Thing is, how will something like this be enabled without taking off of other games.
Too detailed, and it will end up like ghost recon or socom.

Not detailed enough… may work but will lack

IMO, just smarter AI will do. AI that will work with you against your foe.

I’d like minimal control at least. If I point my vehicle’s directional arrow at something and honk, FIRE. Do not wait until we’ve taken 7 hits from the turret to return fire, fire when I honk. If I say to stay, stay. Nothing more do I need.

You really only need three commands that would make interaction with friendly AI more interesting, while not turning the game outright into a squad strategy game.

-Hold position
-Follow
-Attack

That’s really all you need.

Though this isn’t the real thing that needs to get changed. What really needs to get switched up is just giving friendly AI better combat mechanics in general. Such as being accurate enough to pull off head shots and putting up enough volume of fire to at least force a shielded enemy into cover.

I absolutely hate squad shooters… so yea…

I would like something as simple as the squad commands in Half life

No. But i would want more intelligent friendly AI.