Sprinting VS Not

Hi
Unfortunately did not have the chance to Play the Tech Preview. For what I have seen on videos so far people are saying there is actually no difference at all while sprinting VS not sprinting. Can 343 clarify this or Can they increase sprinting speed. What are your thoughts on it?

You definitely move faster. But only about 10% or so (from another thread where someone counted the frames).

You don’t get shot out of it and your shields regenerate as usual.

You need to be sprinting to get a full / proper slide.

Personally I would prefer a bit faster and slow down when getting shot… but it seems to work well (in the small time I’ve had).

i felt sprinting was clunky but FINE it shouldnt be too fast though i think the speed was just fine. The sprinting IMO is what needs work but i wouldnt say there is no difference not from what i felt at least.

> 2585548714655118;2:
> You definitely move faster. But only about 10% or so (from another thread where someone counted the frames).
>
> You don’t get shot out of it and your shields regenerate as usual.
>
> You need to be sprinting to get a full / proper slide.
>
> Personally I would prefer a bit faster and slow down when getting shot… but it seems to work well (in the small time I’ve had).

Never thought of that slowing down if you got shot might be a good idea i kinda like that maybe they can increase sprinting my another 5-10% idk hard to say.

Ok guys thank you for the clarification

Personally I love the fact they’ve buffed BMS.
Sprinting feels like a choice now, not a requirement
It is more tactical because now I can choose when I want to sprint or not sprint and not be forced to do it because f I don’t i put myself at a detriment

If sprint is going to be a thing, I think this is a good mix, especially for classic players because in infinte you could literaly turn sprint off, and not notice it was gone (IMO) which opens up a variety of gameplay options for us classic fans, but still allows 343i the flexibility to cater to the newer fans who enjoy the advanced movement mechancis as well

> 2585548714655118;2:
> You definitely move faster. But only about 10% or so (from another thread where someone counted the frames).
>
> You don’t get shot out of it and your shields regenerate as usual.
>
> You need to be sprinting to get a full / proper slide.
>
> Personally I would prefer a bit faster and slow down when getting shot… but it seems to work well (in the small time I’ve had).

This sprint is so much better than that imo… Slowing down when getting shot in halo games is the most annoying thing ever. I prefer to be able to move at max speed all the time. I also like how there is nothing negative about sprinting. I can engage the enemy instantly or slide for a spring jump which is very fun. You can even reload while sprinting now. I really hope this is how it is for launch because for the first time in halo im having fun while sprinting.
Edit: also, shields actually recharge while sprinting! I hated that about h5. This just feels like a fast halo game that doesn’t try to encourage you so much to not move at max speed.

I think the current sprint we have is a good in-between for classic and newer fans.
Not prominent to use all the time and not sprinting is just as fine, but it can be used to open up some tactical choices in combat like using sliding.

> 2533274873198179;1:
> Hi
> Unfortunately did not have the chance to Play the Tech Preview. For what I have seen on videos so far people are saying there is actually no difference at all while sprinting VS not sprinting. Can 343 clarify this or Can they increase sprinting speed. What are your thoughts on it?

Honestly at this point just remove it, or keep it as it is to allow for the slide mechanic to work seemlessly and not look strange. I have always hate sprint in Halo games and I think H5 did a good job at making it work but I’d rather it just not be in the game. I think how it works this time around is to give you a very small increase in speed and to allow for sliding. I don’t think they need to buff sprint at all because it just allows players to get away from mistakes and slow the pace of the game down by not engaging in fights and just running away.

Will be interesting to see what they do though going forward into other flights. The best time to make radical changes would be between these flights to get the game ready for launch.

it adds additional speed but majority of the movement is in jsut walking like any of the classic halos they didnt forcibly slow down base movement to make sprint feel faster i like that