Sprinting/Enhanced Movement Made A Soulless Halo

Hi all,

I haven’t played a Halo game in a long time. My last experience with the franchise was Halo 4 right after it released and I dropped it a short time after first playing. I stopped simply because it no longer felt like the series I had grown to love.

I’m making this post so hopefully some developers at 343 can see it. Chris Ray Gun on YouTube made an excellent video on the subject topic and I would love it if you could take the time to watch it. (MAKE HALO GREAT AGAIN! - Ray Gun Retrospective - YouTube)

Chris says this much more eloquently than me, but I too believe that a mechanic as simple as sprinting has created a new, soulless Halo. I’m younger than Chris, but still grew up on the series with Halo 3 and Reach and even went back and played the older entries. The fun of halo was removed for me when developers gave players too much freedom of mobility. It essentially nerfed weapons, forcing them to become hitscan in order to have functionality as well as completely ruined vehicles. The point of having rudimentary loadouts and mobility was so players would compete in-game to gain a competitive edge over others through the weapons and vehicles. It added much more variety and strategy into the game. When that was taken away, Halo went from being a great franchise to a good one. Again, I’m not as articulate as Chris is in his video so I’ll drop the link again to emohasize just how impactful and resonant his video was for me. (MAKE HALO GREAT AGAIN! - Ray Gun Retrospective - YouTube)

I really hope Halo can become the game I loved again.

Sincerely,

A previous fan

> 2535437011406929;1:
> Hi all,
>
> I haven’t played a Halo game in a long time. My last experience with the franchise was Halo 4 right after it released and I dropped it a short time after first playing. I stopped simply because it no longer felt like the series I had grown to love.
>
> I’m making this post so hopefully some developers at 343 can see it. Chris Ray Gun on YouTube made an excellent video on the subject topic and I would love it if you could take the time to watch it. (MAKE HALO GREAT AGAIN! - Ray Gun Retrospective - YouTube)
>
> Chris says this much more eloquently than me, but I too believe that a mechanic as simple as sprinting has created a new, soulless Halo. I’m younger than Chris, but still grew up on the series with Halo 3 and Reach and even went back and played the older entries. The fun of halo was removed for me when developers gave players too much freedom of mobility. It essentially nerfed weapons, forcing them to become hitscan in order to have functionality as well as completely ruined vehicles. The point of having rudimentary loadouts and mobility was so players would compete in-game to gain a competitive edge over others through the weapons and vehicles. It added much more variety and strategy into the game. When that was taken away, Halo went from being a great franchise to a good one. Again, I’m not as articulate as Chris is in his video so I’ll drop the link again to emohasize just how impactful and resonant his video was for me. (MAKE HALO GREAT AGAIN! - Ray Gun Retrospective - YouTube)
>
> I really hope Halo can become the game I loved again.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> A previous fan

You should use the most recent 800+ page sprint discussion topic to discuss sprint in Halo found here. Not sure why you would post in a Halo forum after not playing Halo for nearly 8 years - but if you’re hoping to impact the development of Halo: Infinite, I can assure you that with the game 4-5 months away from release, the matter of sprint has already been decided.

> 2535437011406929;1:
> Hi all,
>
> I haven’t played a Halo game in a long time. My last experience with the franchise was Halo 4 right after it released and I dropped it a short time after first playing. I stopped simply because it no longer felt like the series I had grown to love.
>
> I’m making this post so hopefully some developers at 343 can see it. Chris Ray Gun on YouTube made an excellent video on the subject topic and I would love it if you could take the time to watch it. (MAKE HALO GREAT AGAIN! - Ray Gun Retrospective - YouTube)
>
> Chris says this much more eloquently than me, but I too believe that a mechanic as simple as sprinting has created a new, soulless Halo. I’m younger than Chris, but still grew up on the series with Halo 3 and Reach and even went back and played the older entries. The fun of halo was removed for me when developers gave players too much freedom of mobility. It essentially nerfed weapons, forcing them to become hitscan in order to have functionality as well as completely ruined vehicles. The point of having rudimentary loadouts and mobility was so players would compete in-game to gain a competitive edge over others through the weapons and vehicles. It added much more variety and strategy into the game. When that was taken away, Halo went from being a great franchise to a good one. Again, I’m not as articulate as Chris is in his video so I’ll drop the link again to emohasize just how impactful and resonant his video was for me. (MAKE HALO GREAT AGAIN! - Ray Gun Retrospective - YouTube)
>
> I really hope Halo can become the game I loved again.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> A previous fan

> 2533274850493408;2:
> > 2535437011406929;1:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I haven’t played a Halo game in a long time. My last experience with the franchise was Halo 4 right after it released and I dropped it a short time after first playing. I stopped simply because it no longer felt like the series I had grown to love.
> >
> > I’m making this post so hopefully some developers at 343 can see it. Chris Ray Gun on YouTube made an excellent video on the subject topic and I would love it if you could take the time to watch it. (MAKE HALO GREAT AGAIN! - Ray Gun Retrospective - YouTube)
> >
> > Chris says this much more eloquently than me, but I too believe that a mechanic as simple as sprinting has created a new, soulless Halo. I’m younger than Chris, but still grew up on the series with Halo 3 and Reach and even went back and played the older entries. The fun of halo was removed for me when developers gave players too much freedom of mobility. It essentially nerfed weapons, forcing them to become hitscan in order to have functionality as well as completely ruined vehicles. The point of having rudimentary loadouts and mobility was so players would compete in-game to gain a competitive edge over others through the weapons and vehicles. It added much more variety and strategy into the game. When that was taken away, Halo went from being a great franchise to a good one. Again, I’m not as articulate as Chris is in his video so I’ll drop the link again to emohasize just how impactful and resonant his video was for me. (MAKE HALO GREAT AGAIN! - Ray Gun Retrospective - YouTube)
> >
> > I really hope Halo can become the game I loved again.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > A previous fan
>
> You should use the most recent 800+ page sprint discussion topic to discuss sprint in Halo found here.Not sure why you would post in a Halo forum after not playing Halo for nearly 8 years - but if you’re hoping to impact the development of Halo: Infinite, I can assure you that with the game 4-5 months away from release, the matter of sprint has already been decided.

I know the fate of Halo: Infinite is already sealed, I was just trying to get this out there. This was my first time using the forum and I didnt really know where to go to post this other than General discussion, my mistake.

There are several existing threads on this issue if you can bother to be constructive and have opinions/ideas of your own to add rather than parroting someone else.