Sprint

I honestly believe sprint doesn’t belong in reach(the way it is). CQC power weapons are already powerful enough. Double melee kills are just as bad. Is there any way to balance this out? With all of the close quarters maps in reach, it almost isn’t fair. I’d love to see Sprint implemented better.

oops re-post

I’d love to see it gone.

I’ve never understood why they didn’t implement some rational delay between the end of sprint and a shot/melee. Then I realized half the population, including the devs, use sprint and apparently they’re too arrogant to fix the easiest AA issue. I mean who thinks of explosions lowering AL’s charge time or removes the standing still perk of AC but can’t add a delay after sprinting?

> add a delay after sprinting?

You can fire while you Jetpack but can’t while you Sprint. Now you want to add a delay after too? Nerftacular.

well, given that the cqc weapons are “power weapons”, it isn’t unreasonable for them to be enhanced by an AA that isn’t default. some people might say jet pack is just as unbalanced when paired with Rocket Launchers or claoking with the shotgun, etc.

I know what your saying, but remember that CQC weapons also have ammo, and can only give you so many kills, plus your limited to cqc when using them, so with ZB it’s quite easy to kill someone charging at you with a power weapon with just some headshots. aside from ZB, it’s still hard “always” get a kill, for the same reasons as the shotgun, people don’t get close to you when you have a power weapon, and try to kill you with ranged weapons.

if you have both a sniper and a cqc weapon, than players try to take you out at mid range, since your best defense with those two weapons is a grenade. you see, it’s really not that bad. I think cqc weapons are sort of hard to kill with unless your goin 1v1 with them and get the jump on them, otherwise they have a good amount of time to react and possibly stop you. in the TU playlist, magnum now pwns people who try and sprint at you from more then a falcon’s length away, since you can just land 3 head shots to kill.

given that, do you really believe it’s worth changing the game over, or do you think that you could just change your tactics to use their strategy of sprint and sword against them? the only time I see a problem with cqc power weapons, is when the map is too small with too many corners or rooms with few entrance points where you may camp nearly unhindered by the threat of grenades via running out of the room and killing those who challange you at the door way with your cgc weapons in narrow hallways (aka sword base and countdown)

> well, given that the cqc weapons are “power weapons”, it isn’t unreasonable for them to be enhanced by an AA that isn’t default. some people might say jet pack is just as unbalanced when paired with Rocket Launchers or claoking with the shotgun, etc.
>
> I know what your saying, but remember that CQC weapons also have ammo, and can only give you so many kills, plus your limited to cqc when using them, so with ZB it’s quite easy to kill someone charging at you with a power weapon with just some headshots. aside from ZB, it’s still hard “always” get a kill, for the same reasons as the shotgun, people don’t get close to you when you have a power weapon, and try to kill you with ranged weapons.
>
> if you have both a sniper and a cqc weapon, than players try to take you out at mid range, since your best defense with those two weapons is a grenade. you see, it’s really not that bad. I think cqc weapons are sort of hard to kill with unless your goin 1v1 with them and get the jump on them, otherwise they have a good amount of time to react and possibly stop you. in the TU playlist, magnum now pwns people who try and sprint at you from more then a falcon’s length away, since you can just land 3 head shots to kill.
>
> given that, do you really believe it’s worth changing the game over, or do you think that you could just change your tactics to use their strategy of sprint and sword against them? the only time I see a problem with cqc power weapons, is when the map is too small with too many corners or rooms with few entrance points where you may camp nearly unhindered by the threat of grenades via running out of the room and killing those who challange you at the door way with your cgc weapons in narrow hallways (aka sword base and countdown)

Melee doesn’t have ammo… rockets have four shots. The problem is that because of sprint, mid-range is CQC range. So I do believe it’s worth changing, I have for more than a year.

Sprint isn’t the problem, it’s the lack of bleedthrough, which is being addressed. It speeds up gameplay and is good for traversing maps faster. It’s innovation, even games like Skyrim and Zelda have sprint. If you don’t like change, I guess you could always play Halo 3.

We have controllers. Why the hell do we need an added button for speed control?

> We have controllers. Why the hell do we need an added button for speed control?

we don’t, I hated sprint being an “equipment”. it should be simple to do, like push crouch while moving, or even just have you auto run if you tilt the stick hard, and auto slow you down to shoot should you push the “fire trigger”, and not “require a specific button” for something so simple.

as for mid range becoming cqc with sprint, I’d say it becomes “short range” sure, but if your sprinting you can’t switch weapons, and they will likely move backward while shooting you. if they have a short-mid range weapon, yo will die before you get a kill if they see you coming unless your already short range, in which case the weapon is performing properly, due to it being a “power weapon”. you can only get 10 kills with the sword before it runs out. same with the hammer.

even if the guy being attacked isn’t getting support fire from allies, he can still gain an advantage against the sword by finding a short range weapon, or using AL to totally jack the sword. at best, you get 1 kill on a good player for being smart and patient with the energy sword, possibly a kil on each enemy if they don’t catch on. 4 kills, about the same as the rocket launcher potential pound for pound, since the sword is much more circumstantial then the Rocket Launcher. neither are as versatile as the sniper, which comes with enough rounds to get you a killing frenzy, especially with support fire from allies.

I think it’s fair.

Some people don’t like sprint because it reduces the default movement speed and lets players run away from fights.