Sprint

I absolutely love what 343 has done with sprint in Halo 5 its the best of both worlds. It has sprint but its also balanced and makes me feel like a fast agile Killing machine. Although I would also wonder, IMO I always thought that the best solution would be that, sprint only works when you are at full Shields, so you still wouldn’t be able to run away in 1v1’s I thought that would be a good way.But don’t get it twisted I love 343 alternative that we have, but I thought that what I just said would work as well. But this is MY OPINION MINEEEE… So agree if you will

Prepares for assault
Hunker down, BR Windz, you gon dun it now!

But I agree with you, I’m happy sprint is in H5 and I love the nerfs they gave it. :smiley: Also, in reference to your comment:

> sprint only works when you are at full Shields, so you still wouldn’t be able to run away in 1v1’s I thought that would be a good way

there is a relative short “speed up” period when one starts sprinting. If they get shot while in this “speed up” phase, they will get knocked out of sprint and not be able to sprint. So that kind of solves this problem, I hope :smiley:

Good lord what have you started? You’ve killed us all! Evacuate thread, evacuate thread!

It still alters map design in ways that causes akward game pacing, player spacing and game flow.

Not to mention it fundementally alters the core of halo gameplay by making you drop to a sub optimal speed in order to shoot(or do anything else really).

Sigh. I really wish they would scrap sprint and try to come up with something, anything else.

> 2533274803493024;2:
> Prepares for assault
> Hunker down, BR Windz, you gon dun it now!
>
>
>
>
>
> But I agree with you, I’m happy sprint is in H5 and I love the nerfs they gave it. :smiley: Also, in reference to your comment:
>
>
> > sprint only works when you are at full Shields, so you still wouldn’t be able to run away in 1v1’s I thought that would be a good way
>
>
> there is a relative shot “speed up” period when one starts sprinting. If they get shot while in this “speed up” phase, they will get knocked out of sprint and not be able to sprint. So that kind of solves this problem, I hope :smiley:
>

I’m not sure I understand you, do you mean the person shooting gains a temporary boost of rate of fire as your opponent runs away.

> 2533274964465607;3:
> Good lord what have you started? You’ve killed us all! Evacuate thread, evacuate thread!

Calm down they’re not gonna use my idea they are less than 4 months away from launch, to tweak the maps and core elements. The thread shall stay :slight_smile:

> 2535449663297123;4:
> It still alters map design in ways that causes akward game pacing, player spacing and game flow.
>
> Not to mention it fundementally alters the core of halo gameplay by making you drop to a sub optimal speed in order to shoot(or do anything else really).
>
> Sigh. I really wish they would scrap sprint and try to come up with something, anything else.

Maybe instead of sprint they can add speed boost power up pick ups like OS and camo,except this one can be turned on when you please, for example you pick up the power up but you use it only when you need to so you hang onto it, until a group of enemies swarm you and you’re forced to activate it, it also can’t be dropped if you die it just burns out, and it would last for about 30 seconds,and I don’t mean a Halo 4 or H2A speed boost no that was OP,but think of it like being given the sprint ability for 30 seconds , my OPINION

> 2535449663297123;4:
> It still alters map design in ways that causes akward game pacing, player spacing and game flow.
>
> Not to mention it fundementally alters the core of halo gameplay by making you drop to a sub optimal speed in order to shoot(or do anything else really).
>
> Sigh. I really wish they would scrap sprint and try to come up with something, anything else.

True. Maybe one day my fellow spartan.

> 2533274894909345;7:
> > 2535449663297123;4:
> > It still alters map design in ways that causes akward game pacing, player spacing and game flow.
> >
> > Not to mention it fundementally alters the core of halo gameplay by making you drop to a sub optimal speed in order to shoot(or do anything else really).
> >
> > Sigh. I really wish they would scrap sprint and try to come up with something, anything else.
>
>
> Maybe instead of sprint they can add speed boost power up pick ups like OS and camo,except this one can be turned on when you please, for example you pick up the power up but you use it only when you need to so you hang onto it, until a group of enemies swarm you and you’re forced to activate it, it also can’t be dropped if you die it just burns out, and it would last for about 30 seconds,and I don’t mean a Halo 4 or H2A speed boost no that was OP,but think of it like being given the sprint ability for 30 seconds , my OPINION

Eh, I don’t know about that.

There are so many threads on this topic already. Do we really need another one?

> 2533274894909345;1:
> I absolutely love what 343 has done with sprint in Halo 5 its the best of both worlds. It has sprint but its also balanced and makes me feel like a fast agile Killing machine. Although I would also wonder, IMO I always thought that the best solution would be that, sprint only works when you are at full Shields, so you still wouldn’t be able to run away in 1v1’s I thought that would be a good way.But don’t get it twisted I love 343 alternative that we have, but I thought that what I just said would work as well. But this is MY OPINION MINEEEE… So agree if you will

I agree. They handled sprint perfectly in the H5 beta. On a side note, I liked sprint in H4 also.

I like sprint too and I am a fan of the older games, However I agree this topic has been done to death from both sides no need for new thread.

> 2533274894909345;5:
> > 2533274803493024;2:
> > Prepares for assault
> > Hunker down, BR Windz, you gon dun it now!
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > But I agree with you, I’m happy sprint is in H5 and I love the nerfs they gave it. :smiley: Also, in reference to your comment:
> >
> >
> > > sprint only works when you are at full Shields, so you still wouldn’t be able to run away in 1v1’s I thought that would be a good way
> >
> >
> > there is a relative shot “speed up” period when one starts sprinting. If they get shot while in this “speed up” phase, they will get knocked out of sprint and not be able to sprint. So that kind of solves this problem, I hope :smiley:
> >

>
>
> I’m not sure I understand you, do you mean the person shooting gains a temporary boost of rate of fire as your opponent runs away.

It’s called terminal velocity, which is maximum sprinting speed. It takes a few second to reach terminal velocity, and if you get shot during those few seconds, you are knocked out of sprint. Once you’ve reached terminal velocity, you won’t stop sprinting unless you choose to or get killed.

But yeah, we don’t need a new thread for this. The sprint debate is like that horse that broke its leg, was sent to the glue factory, and was used to make arts and crafts in a kindergarten class

This is still a thing?

> 2535428610650002;14:
> This is still a thing?

Just wait until the game launches lol.

There is a lull in sprint arguements for the moment but it will pick right back up when the game is actually out.

Yes I do love what 343 has done with the sprinting, no more running away as you please :).

“Sprint breaks mapflow” this is surely the argument I hate the most. Sprint makes you able to actually cross maps, unlike Halo 2/3. Try to cross Zanzibar from one side to the other with success, I’d say you have like 30% chance of survival with all the BR Slayers, I think 30% is still a high rate to be honest.

> 2533274814635636;17:
> “Sprint breaks mapflow” this is surely the argument I hate the most. Sprint makes you able to actually cross maps, unlike Halo 2/3. Try to cross Zanzibar from one side to the other with success, I’d say you have like 30% chance of survival with all the BR Slayers, I think 30% is still a high rate to be honest.

I would actually love for someone to explain to me why Sprint is such a bad thing. What you said is pretty spot on

I hate sprint in Halo.

> 2533274793810519;18:
> > 2533274814635636;17:
> > “Sprint breaks mapflow” this is surely the argument I hate the most. Sprint makes you able to actually cross maps, unlike Halo 2/3. Try to cross Zanzibar from one side to the other with success, I’d say you have like 30% chance of survival with all the BR Slayers, I think 30% is still a high rate to be honest.
>
>
> I would actually love for someone to explain to me why Sprint is such a bad thing. What you said is pretty spot on

Oh you cant shoot while sprinting, and sprinting is top speed, so the game is broken. The speed you can shoot at is the same speed as before… So really, either you can turn corners really fast and so you will die because bad tactical positioning. Or maybe you’ll be trying to cross an open area and someone will try and kill you but they wont because its clearly all sprints fault you can actually move around a map. The sprint arguments are terrible. This one is pretty spot on.

> 2533274812471748;19:
> I hate sprint in Halo.