Sprint will never belong in Halo, period.

Please, by all means, use easily shot down arguments such as “evolve”, “immersion” and “modernization”.

Oh yeah, for all the people who like sprint, make sure to pile on the first comment that praises it. Doubt most of you even understand why sprint is bad for Halo in the first place (nor do most of you read past that comment). Just taking the time to research for not even 5 minutes can go a long way.

Go ahead and call people who hate sprint a “vocal minority”. I find that notion absolutely hilarious; if you were ignored for 3 games over the course of 5 years (not even mentioning the brainwashing effect of having a mechanic for so long can make some actually believe they need it), despite overwhelming factual evidence on a mechanics negative effect on Halo’s design, you’d -Yoink- off too. Even if we were a minority, that doesn’t suddenly mean we’re wrong. Not by a long shot.

Would you stick around if it becames painfully obvious that the developer does not care about the franchises healthy development or it’s original fanbase? I sure as hell wouldn’t.

And please, save your classic Playlist ideas. 343 won’t implement one. Even if they did, it’d be nothing more than a band-aid solution afterthought for the second class original fanbase. It would also be proof that 343 has no confidence in their “innovations” to the franchise. As much as I want a classic playlist, it’s Never. Gonna. Happen.

I can already hear the, “Go play MCC!” “Don’t like it, don’t play it!” kids already. Here’s my response:

“If you like sprint, go play some of the other hundred or so games that do it, leave Halo alone and quit selfishly forcing generic overused mechanics into this game.”

“But Halo 5 nerfed sprint! It’s fine now!”
The very fact the are willing to go as far as destroy a staple Halo mechanic, the shield system, to make it “work” is only a testament to how cancerous the mechanic actually is. And no amount of nerfing can rid the various other issues sprint causes to Halo’s design. Map design, weapon balance, spawning, all of it will forever be effected. A polished turd still stinks, people.

Hell, I’d argue for the middle ground Armor Abilities provided if they would stop stupidly applying them to classes, and instead as pickups on the map. Wouldn’t have to change a damn thing about original Halo gameplay, and you wouldn’t have to nerf sprint to the ground at all. It would be a legitimate power up on the level of any other piece of equipment we’re accustomed to picking up. THAT is evolution people, not that bull the ill informed want you to believe.

I don’t want a carbon copy of H2/H3. I just want a proper Halo sequel with some actual thought put into it’s growth and evolution. Is that something we could all agree on? Or are you all too far down the rabbit hole to even conceive such a question?

For some reason I feel like I’ve been reading this for over 5 years…

You guys really won’t let this go huh?..

Will you come back to Waypoint with this same argument when sprint is in Halo 6?..

> 2535439780801708;2:
> For some reason I feel like I’ve been reading this for over 5 years…
>
> You guys really won’t let this go huh?..
>
> Will you come back to Waypoint with this same argument when sprint is in Halo 6?..

We’ll go on as long as it takes. That’s a -Yoink- promise.

inb4lock.

thnx…also, i have some points to add to discussion:

  • You’re a vocal minority. - Go play MCC, you know…the game 343 remastered for you.

The only almost valid argument is nothing but your personal opinion. It’s funny because you say people are brainwashed, would have no opinion and try to force their way of seeing it onto others, yet all you do is exactly the same.
If you know the lore you should know sprint belongs more to halo than you actually do.

> 2533274964587104;4:
> inb4lock.
>
> thnx…also, i have a few points to add to discussion:
>
> - You’re a vocal minority.
> - Go play MCC, you know…the game 343 remastered for you.

“If you like sprint, go play some of the other hundred or so games that do it, leave Halo alone and quit selfishly forcing generic overused mechanics into this game.”

I’m not thankful for that disaster of a game. I’d wouldn’t tell you to go play a broken piece of -Yoink-.

Sprint works better with each progressive halo game. I think they did a good job. It now feels 100% natural, which indicates - to me anyway - success. It’s well balanced, too - you wanna move quick, put yourself at a disadvantage going into a fight, or, run away and your health doesn’t come back. It works in this game. NB: I wasn’t always a fan. They genuinely made it work this time.

> 2533274856583425;5:
> The only almost valid argument is nothing but your personal opinion. It’s funny because you say people are brainwashed, would have no opinion and try to force their way of seeing it onto others, yet all you do is exactly the same.
> If you know the lore you should know sprint belongs more to halo than you actually do.

Oh goody, another immersion argument. That’s not easy to shut down at all! Where’s my prone button? Why can’t I do kick flips and bake eggs?

Sprint really isn’t that bad. It just isn’t. It doesn’t destroy the game.
Even lore-wise, it just doesn’t make sense. Why the -Yoink- can’t my Spartan Super Soldier designed hundreds of years in the future even run? What is this? He can’t get shot and think it’s a good idea to rush behind cover like any normal soldier would? Sprint, or at least an option to have faster movement, should have been put in the original Halo from the start.
Even so…sprint is something you have to know when to use and where, since Halo relies solely on accuracy, and always has, those crucial milliseconds between stopping sprinting and having your reticule pop up again are life and death. The core mechanic is still there…and those who rely on sprint are putting a significant disadvantage on their outcome in matches. All sprint does is makes a faster game, makes it easier to get from Point A to B without being a tedious drag on large Warzone maps or BTB. It allows players a fighting chance if they are lucky enough to sprint away from an enemy engagement that is clearly outnumbering them…it makes Halo feel like a real battle and not just whoever gets the first burst of their battle rifle on target. It’s one thing Halo needed to keep it from going stale.

Lmfao “another one” . You all need to understand that “sprint doesn’t belong in X” means absolutely NOTHING.

if you believe we are ever gonna have a halo game without sprint in that isn’t an anniversary. You are beyond delusional. No one is gonna read you longg -Yoink- OP. After a while all pro and con sprint post look the same. Talking about sprint on a game it can’t be removed from (halo 5) is again pointless.

You and all the ones like yourself should get off the forums go play a game you actually enjoy and wait for the halo 6 forums when you post might actually mean something

i started a civil conversation about our favorite assassinations only for it to be buried by threads like this.

why.jpg

> 2533274964587104;9:
> Why the -Yoink- can’t my Spartan Super Soldier designed hundreds of years in the future even run? Because realism is a terrible reason to implement mechanics.
> All sprint does is makes a faster game, makes it easier to get from Point A to B without being a tedious drag on large Warzone maps or BTB. Get this, that point A to B is so large BECAUSE OF SPRINT. It’s one thing Halo needed to keep it from going stale. Not even remotely true.

> 2533274856583425;5:
> If you know the lore you should know sprint belongs more to halo than you actually do.

No. Spartans can shoot while sprinting, so having sprint disable the use of your guns goes against lore.

> 2533274964587104;9:
> Even lore-wise, it just doesn’t make sense. Why the -Yoink- can’t my Spartan Super Soldier designed hundreds of years in the future even run? What is this? He can’t get shot and think it’s a good idea to rush behind cover like any normal soldier would? Sprint, or at least an option to have faster movement, should have been put in the original Halo from the start.

Do you have any idea what speeds you have in the Halo games? It’s not that he can’t run, he’s already running all the time.

I hate sprint as much as anyone, but I doubt it’ll ever go. If we get a different developer in for Halo 6 then maybe, but definitely not with 343 here.

> 2533274812327345;15:
> I hate sprint as much as anyone, but I doubt it’ll ever go. If we get a different developer in for Halo 6 then maybe, but definitely not with 343 here.

It doesn’t hurt to try. Don’t give up. Don’t ever give up.

> 2533274830444029;3:
> > 2535439780801708;2:
> > For some reason I feel like I’ve been reading this for over 5 years…
> >
> > You guys really won’t let this go huh?..
> >
> > Will you come back to Waypoint with this same argument when sprint is in Halo 6?..
>
>
> We’ll go on as long as it takes. That’s a -Yoink- promise.

Lolll cool story bro.

Sprint or a faster moving spartan was needed in my opinion, everytime I go back to Halo 2 or 3 from Battlefield or Titanfall etc, it’s so slow, I cannot play them anymore, I prefer the faster pace, Halo 5 is great, love the pace, if they remove sprint in future titles without increasing movement speed I think many would leave, in my humble opinion.

> 2535442610755361;7:
> Sprint works better with each progressive halo game. I think they did a good job. It now feels 100% natural, which indicates - to me anyway - success. It’s well balanced, too - you wanna move quick, put yourself at a disadvantage going into a fight, or, run away and your health doesn’t come back. It works in this game. NB: I wasn’t always a fan. They genuinely made it work this time.

Of course it works with H5, the whole games 's built off the mechanic.

Truth be told, I fail to see the point of this thread. It doesn’t present a new angle on the topic, or bring anything new to the table. Was this motivated by having a sprint discussion popping up in another thread?