Sprint to shoot lag

So I noticed that most weapons have an added animation of pulling the weapons up when sprinting to shoot. I personally don’t like this. It’s just slow enough that it feels sluggish. I would personally prefer if there was no animation and the player would just shoot immedietly when they press the shoot button from sprint.

I dunno, what do you all think?

My understanding is that the act of sprinting in halo has always been penalised a bit… Ie you should only sprint if you aren’t planning on shooting.
Thisbwas the case even in reach when sprint was introduced.
But I can understand your view being that sprint is not very fast in this game.

> 2533274801319443;2:
> My understanding is that the act of sprinting in halo has always been penalised a bit… Ie you should only sprint if you aren’t planning on shooting.
> Thisbwas the case even in reach when sprint was introduced.
> But I can understand your view being that sprint is not very fast in this game.

Yep, this is always been the case. It’s supposed to be a trade-off between getting somewhere quick, and being ready to fight. That being said, Infinite has dramatically lowered the time to raise your gun from sprint from past games so it’s much less of a penalty. To me the time to raise the gun feels about right.

> 2533274827885370;3:
> > 2533274801319443;2:
> > My understanding is that the act of sprinting in halo has always been penalised a bit… Ie you should only sprint if you aren’t planning on shooting.
> > Thisbwas the case even in reach when sprint was introduced.
> > But I can understand your view being that sprint is not very fast in this game.
>
> Yep, this is always been the case. It’s supposed to be a trade-off between getting somewhere quick, and being ready to fight. That being said, Infinite has dramatically lowered the time to raise your gun from sprint from past games so it’s much less of a penalty. To me the time to raise the gun feels about right.

I can somewhat understand that. But sprinting is not that much faster than normal running. And honestly, I think the penalty should be shields not recharging like in Halo 5. Which is one of the few good ideas that game had. Low blow? Yeah