Sprint sux!!!

ok i dont realy feel that way but i do think it could be improved on. I had an idea last night and i dont know if its good but could 343i make hipfire possible during sprint NOT SCOPED FIRE. Would it even work? Would it be OP? Most importantly would it silence all the complainers?

just a side note, i do think the anti sprint crowd has some valid point. I just feel that they dont like sprint so they try to rationalize their hatred of it by calling it game breaking.

Well sprint slows the gameplay a lot…so its kinda game breaking :confused:

OT: I think 343 can try that idea out…but I highly doubt they will.

No, that idea is silly. You may as well remove sprint and just have people moving fast.

343i only have a few options to make sprint viable in halo

• Make everyone move fast all the time like old halo- let sprint increase speed only slightly so you can speed travel times during certain stages of the match. (Gun gets lowered still has you should be penalised for wanting to move faster)- have everyone move at paces A but drop to pace B when shooting or getting shot.- keep it as is and have boring maps catering to all these observed movement features.trust me go and load an old halo map. The only time I want to increase my movement is when having to get to a better position on the map. A slight boost of 5-10% is all that is needed.

However sprint is all about the scooting around the map so you get boring maps that give little cover. You kill someone and his buddy has gotten behind you and gunned you down. You only have 1 option in halo 5 and that is to keep moving and that is not what halo ever was or ever should be.

> 2533274854380129;2:
> Well sprint slows the gameplay a lot…so its kinda game breaking :confused:
>
> OT: I think 343 can try that idea out…but I highly doubt they will.

Halo 5 is not slow and it has sprint. Halo 4 was slow because the maps were enormous. The mals in H5 feel right. Except for regret. I hate that map and i cant pinpoint why!

> 2533274838423380;4:
> > 2533274854380129;2:
> > Well sprint slows the gameplay a lot…so its kinda game breaking :confused:
> >
> > OT: I think 343 can try that idea out…but I highly doubt they will.
>
>
> Halo 5 is not slow and it has sprint. Halo 4 was slow because the maps were enormous. The mals in H5 feel right. Except for regret. I hate that map and i cant pinpoint why!

You hate it probably because your whole entire team can get spawn trapped at the bases

> 2533274842868783;5:
> > 2533274838423380;4:
> > > 2533274854380129;2:
> > > Well sprint slows the gameplay a lot…so its kinda game breaking :confused:
> > >
> > > OT: I think 343 can try that idea out…but I highly doubt they will.
> >
> >
> >
> > Halo 5 is not slow and it has sprint. Halo 4 was slow because the maps were enormous. The mals in H5 feel right. Except for regret. I hate that map and i cant pinpoint why!
>
>
> You hate it probably because your whole entire team can get spawn trapped at the bases

Havnt been spawn trapped at bases but i get flanked constantly. It may be lack of teamwork on my or my teams part. I do love the hydra though.

How does running around faster slow down gameplay?

> 2533274838423380;6:
> > 2533274842868783;5:
> > > 2533274838423380;4:
> > > > 2533274854380129;2:
> > > > Well sprint slows the gameplay a lot…so its kinda game breaking :confused:
> > > >
> > > > OT: I think 343 can try that idea out…but I highly doubt they will.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Halo 5 is not slow and it has sprint. Halo 4 was slow because the maps were enormous. The mals in H5 feel right. Except for regret. I hate that map and i cant pinpoint why!
> >
> >
> >
> > You hate it probably because your whole entire team can get spawn trapped at the bases
>
>
> Havnt been spawn trapped at bases but i get flanked constantly. It may be lack of teamwork on my or my teams part. I do love the hydra though.

you get spawned killed a lot in Regret.

> 2535454723001511;8:
> > 2533274838423380;6:
> > > 2533274842868783;5:
> > > > 2533274838423380;4:
> > > > > 2533274854380129;2:
> > > > > Well sprint slows the gameplay a lot…so its kinda game breaking :confused:
> > > > >
> > > > > OT: I think 343 can try that idea out…but I highly doubt they will.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Halo 5 is not slow and it has sprint. Halo 4 was slow because the maps were enormous. The mals in H5 feel right. Except for regret. I hate that map and i cant pinpoint why!
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > You hate it probably because your whole entire team can get spawn trapped at the bases
> >
> >
> >
> > Havnt been spawn trapped at bases but i get flanked constantly. It may be lack of teamwork on my or my teams part. I do love the hydra though.
>
>
> you get spawned killed a lot in Regret.

I played 3/4 of the pro team cloud 9 the other day on regret. It was terrible I was the leading scorer on my team and went 5-9. They trapped us in the bases both on sides. If and I do mean if you were able to escape the base you were melted by team shots on red/blue rampart or slide. If you ran bottom one would go “ring 3” and another would rotate to rampart or slide. Madness I tell you!

> 2535454723001511;7:
> How does running around faster slow down gameplay?

Because sprint combined halo’s long kill times forces the creatio of giant maps.

I can jog 1km faster than i can run 4km.

> 2535454723001511;7:
> How does running around faster slow down gameplay?

it does…you find a gunfight? Press X to sprint back to your teammates. You gotta get to safety? Press X to get to safety at sanic speed.

And in both situations, you most likely won’t die which = less kills = longer game. OR you drag on the fight, letting it become a team fight, thus dragging the game on.

I honestly don’t know why people hate this so much. Sprint has been in the last few Halo games. It was limited but also gave that person an ability others might not have. The field of play is now even for every player. Do people use the sprint to get out of sticky situations, sure. Why would you not. I have read most of the books and played every Halo game and this is the first time I actually feel like a 7ft super soldier wearing a suit of armor. I have found if you play like you have played other Halo games, (i.e. run and gun), people cannot run away from you as much. That and you have to play smarter. DO not chase someone into a room that is sprinting away from you. Chances are he has a teammate in the room. Also don’t hang back on the other side of the map and try and pick people off with the DMR or BR. Of course they are going to run away and you will not get the kill. I can’t think of anyone who has played the old games that got killed from a distance with one of those guns and though" I was so close to getting around that corner". That always felt like a cheap death to me. Yes this game is different from any of the other Halo games but which one has not. Every single iteration of this series has been different and had something added and taken away. I hate to sound like a jerk but there is one sure fire way to not have to deal with sprint, stop playing the beta and do not buy the game when it comes out.

On a side not my biggest complaint is starting the match with BR. That is the old school in me. I still want every match to start with the AR and pistol or the SMG and pistol. Starting with the BR or DMR I feel slows the game down more than anything. Everyone stays at a distance instead of going at it guns blazing. But that is just my opinion and I may be alone in having it.