Sprint + Sliding = Fun ?

I’m a very strong advocate of classic gameplay. I’m one of those people who would prefer a complete return to form (Halo 3)

However

The idea of sliding down a mountain on a level like the one seen in last year’s trailer … seems pretty awesome lol.

It just felt satisfying to slide down hills in Apex Legends. I think it could potentially translate well in Infinite.
(I’m not sure how a player would be able to slide without sprint, hence the need for sprint)

Not really, because in classic Halo you always sprint.

Sliding would work once you reach top speed, it really doesn’t matter if that given may speed is applied onto an extra button with an animation or not. IF 343i wakes up and brings back the real Halo gameplay without sprint and SA but still wanted to introduce a sliding mechanic, well, they could! Keep the stick forward for two seconds, a speed effect compares on the UI and from that point on you can slide!

Personally I don’t see any real functionality for sliding, but hey! It’s as simple as that really and it wouldn’t impact the game negatively in any way either imho. :slight_smile:

Eh give me classic halo like combat evolved or halo 2, and not Halo 3. The weapon balance in halo 3 was pretty bad and I don’t want to deal with br spread and op vehicles. But if you mean no sprint and abilities, I’m on board.

> 2533274795098161;2:
> Not really, because in classic Halo you always sprint.
>
> Sliding would work once you reach top speed, it really doesn’t matter if that given may speed is applied onto an extra button with an animation or not.

I didn’t even think of that haha. Yeah I agree, spartans have always sprinted, we just have a silly game-breaking animation with it now lol

But yeah, sliding down hills is a lot of fun. Maybe it could be as simple as just crouching while walking at full speed

Respawn do a great job with player movement in both Apex and TF2, as does Doom 2016 but I don’t want infinite to try and copy those.
I’d love to read another games forum after it’s release where the player base are quoting the new halo movement as something that their game should adopt.

I very much like H5’s slide mechanic and it’s fun in Apex too, I’d like to see it return in Infinite. Don’t necessarily need sprint to do it. If they brought back thrusters (which I hope they do) you could slide after that, no sprint required.