Sprint should not be unlimited

Sprint is going to be in this game regardless so you guys can chill out with the protesting to remove sprint. But I think sprint is wayyy too complicated which is why people are even more pissed off. This is why you see all these threads about sprint. Sprint should just be sprint. You sprint - It runs out - It recharges. Just make it as simple as can be and less people will complain and this will cause less people to keep spamming the sprint because for the 1 second when they actually need it, they wouldn’t want it to be non-available. Spartan Charge is a stupid mechanic because you are telling people to risk running out in the open while taking fire just to run and ram someone to die 1 second later. Do this and more people will be satisfied. I’m satisfied just think about it lol.

Nah, then it’d be copying Call of Duty’s sprint. :confused:

> 2533274877056440;2:
> Nah, then it’d be copying Call of Duty’s sprint. :confused:

Whaaaaat! (-_-). Are you kidding me, when did CoD own sprint. Sprint is not a CoD thing, its a thing in general.

Agreed. You should be able to use Sprint for a limited time - say, zero seconds - followed by a recharge period finishing no later than 2017.

Sprint should not be in the game, period. Its mere existence breaks the fundamentals of Halo, regardless of how it is implemented.

> 2533274879837198;1:
> Sprint is going to be in this game regardless so you guys can chill out with the protesting to remove sprint. But I think sprint is wayyy too complicated which is why people are even more pissed off. This is why you see all these threads about sprint. Sprint should just be sprint. You sprint - It runs out - It recharges. Just make it as simple as can be and less people will complain and this will cause less people to keep spamming the sprint because for the 1 second when they actually need it, they wouldn’t want it to be non-available. Spartan Charge is a stupid mechanic because you are telling people to risk running out in the open while taking fire just to run and ram someone to die 1 second later. Do this and more people will be satisfied. I’m satisfied just think about it lol.

It is good to see that people are accepting the fact that one way or another, this game is going to have sprint.
How sprint could be best implemented is potentially our decision.
In my sole opinion, I think that:
a.) Sprint should NOT be unlimited, referring to duration
b.) Sprint should be a fast constant velocity, whereas base movement speed starts off slow, but can eventually accelerate beyond sprint speed, and
c.) Player should be able to sprint and shoot at the same time, reluctantly with less accuracy and less aim assist
That is all.

since there’s no shield recharge while sprinting, I don’t think there’s a need to implement limited sprint

> 2533274820441404;7:
> since there’s no shield recharge while sprinting, I don’t think there’s a need to implement limited sprint

I dunno, it seems like a massive oversight to implement unlimited Sprint at the cost of stopping shields from recharging, only to maintain that Spartans can’t shoot while doing so.

I’m going off the assumption that Sprint was balanced this way to stop people from using it offensively, but honestly, isn’t being offensive the point? Why are we adding defensive practices to Halo, if that’s the whole purpose of learning how to strafe?

Stopping shields from recharging realistically punishes nobody, if the pursuer can’t shoot. Ending the pursuit to shoot at them only helps them escape, and the escapee stops receiving damage anyway if he escapes. I’d say limited Sprint was the only thing making it possible for the pursuer to gain ground on the escapee whatsoever, (granted he was in the position to pursue) but even then, it still favors the escapee more because he runs out before you do, thus gaining the ability to shoot before you do. This is only a minor issue at best, but issues like these are why Sprint has little of hope being truly balanced.

> 2533274877056440;2:
> Nah, then it’d be copying Call of Duty’s sprint. :confused:

Sprint wasn’t unlimited in Reach…

Yeah. Infinite sprint isn’t possible, since by definition, sprinting is a short burst of top speed. You can’t sprint forever or it would be running, not sprinting.

I disagree entirely, keep sprint unlimited and the Spartan Charge ability as well. All had their place in the beta and all of it was loads of fun, even if I was on the wrong end of the charge

Nahh. It should be unlimited wtf is fatigue to spartannn! Lol jokes aside I like the nerf theve made to it. Sprint equals no shield that itself is huge. Because of how valuable flsbiels are.