Sprint RUINS Halo games.

Halo did one major thing that games like counterstrike, battlefield, COD and shadowrun did not. It did not penalise you for moving. In those other games, you were. If you moved, jumped, strafed, etc your crosshairs bloomed out and you incurred an accuracy penalty. In halo, you didnt.

Halo is ALL about moving and shooting.

Sprint destroys this fundemental pillar of Halo gameplay.

With sprint in halo you incur a penalty for movement. In order to move at full speed(the speed the map was dedigned for) you have to forgo the ability to shoot.

Not to mention due to the fact that everything in the maps are upscaled for sprint you cannot make any jumps while shooting. Youre moving too slow without sprint.

Halo without sprint is all about moving AND shooting. Halo with sprint is about moving OR shooting. Its as simple as that and that fact makes all the difference in the world.

Yet at the same time, Halo moves far too slowly without sprint, and sprint is a necessity for all modern FPS games. Halo 5’s solution to sprint fixes the issue of running away, and allows for pursuers to follow their opponent and get the kill without having to even the playing field once again.

> 2533274926135015;2:
> Yet at the same time, Halo moves far too slowly without sprint, and sprint is a necessity for all modern FPS games. Halo 5’s solution to sprint fixes the issue of running away, and allows for pursuers to follow their opponent and get the kill without having to even the playing field once again.

Why is it a necessity?

There was a time when it was a necessity to be able to carry 10 weapons at a time, have health pick ups and have greandes as a selectable weapon instead of mapped to a button.

Guess which game shattered all those perceptions and expectations.

Nothing is a necessity.

Also. Running away has literally nothing to do with sprint’s issue.

> 2533274926135015;2:
> Yet at the same time, Halo moves far too slowly without sprint, and sprint is a necessity for all modern FPS games. Halo 5’s solution to sprint fixes the issue of running away, and allows for pursuers to follow their opponent and get the kill without having to even the playing field once again.

All it does is delay kill times, lol. It slows down gameplay in tandem with the huge maps.

I always thought I moved quite fast in Halo 1 and Halo 2, probably because the maps were designed around a set movement speed. Halo 3 felt slow because the speed was 10% slower than 1 and 2, and Halo 4 feels slow as -Yoink- because maps are way too big and they force you to sprint everywhere. I hoped with the release of TMCC people would finally realize that Halo 1 and 2 play way faster than the recent installments, all because they have a fixed speed and maps that are scaled appropriately.

I’ve come to the conclusion that the majority of people that want sprint mainly play big team, where maps are already huge.

> 2533274800739735;5:
> I always thought I moved quite fast in Halo 1 and Halo 2, probably because the maps were designed around a set movement speed. Halo 3 felt slow because the speed was 10% slower than 1 and 2, and Halo 4 feels slow as -Yoink- because maps are way too big and they force you to sprint everywhere. I hoped with the release of TMCC people would finally realize that Halo 1 and 2 play way faster than the recent installments, all because they have a fixed speed and maps that are scaled appropriately.
>
> I’ve come to the conclusion that the majority of people that want sprint mainly play big team, where maps are already huge.

Amen. Somebody who actually knows how sprint affects the speed of the game.

If the enemy player can turn around and sprint away then you weren’t going to get the kill anyway. Its not like they are outrunning your bullets, you shoot at a guy and he ducks down a hallway would have happened without sprint. Without sprint you both move at same speed so its just chasing each other around a column or wall like straight out of Star
Trek 2 Enterprise and Reliant chasing each other around Ceti Alpha 5.

I think everyone who doesn’t like sprint is right. Maybe we should hold a button so our screens just move faster like in DOOM. That’ll cure the slow pace of the game and bring Halo back to its glory days. Oh, can’t wait!

“We used to play this slow?” Is the most common comment coming me and my long-time Halo playing friends while experiencing MCC. It’s fun, nostalgic, but slow. Games evolved and got more complex, quick-juke, and faster.

Maybe you and your friends are just slow. You can reach completely different areas of each map in halo 1, 2, and 3 quite quickly if you know what you’re doing, in halo 4 you have to sprint down a massive hallway or gigantic room before you can reach a different area.

OP who are you talking to? I can say with decent certainty that 70% of the waypoint community is against sprint and of the remaining 30 it is either those who dont care if it is there or not and the supporters whom weve told again and again why its bad.

It doesnt take you any longer to get across a map in a halo with sprint compared to a halo without.

Its an illusion of speed

Sprint makes you move faster but due to map unscaleing we travel less.

Increaced base speed grants us all the speed of sprint minus having to lower our weapons and becomeing defencless.

i think its fine

The sprint is amazing and realistic since you are a supersoldier in many ways.

halo 5 has potential I however see two things that need to be addressed from the demo game play.

Sprint needs to go. You have thruster packs it eliminates the point of having sprint. After watching the game play of halo 5 and playing some halo 2 I can see how useful trusters will be in game (a boost that can actually get you behind cover from enemy fire) is a good thing because most times in halo 2 it is only 2 more steps from getting protection from a wall that gets you most times. Sprint however removes the need for this more logical speed boost as I could just sprint to get away from enemy fire. Hence why sprint needs to go. Plus having no shield recharge is stupid what if you hit a foe and he ducks off, you chase and get hit by his team mate. It is an illogical game inclusion.

Next ground pound, all benefit to the attacker with no risk. A one hit kill if they do hit but what if they miss do i get an easy target to kill because they screwed up? If this move doesn’t deplete their shield or cause any risk to the user then it doesn’t belong in this game. I don’t want to play another FPS with cheap kill gimmick. if i’m killed by someone who has fought to pick up a power weapon then good if i die cause of cheap jumpers then no.

I’ll be playing the beta so my thoughts may change but have to wait and see

> 2533274926135015;2:

this.

read and understand.

> 2533274792508287;7:
> If the enemy player can turn around and sprint away then you weren’t going to get the kill anyway. Its not like they are outrunning your bullets, you shoot at a guy and he ducks down a hallway would have happened without sprint. Without sprint you both move at same speed so its just chasing each other around a column or wall like straight out of Star
> Trek 2 Enterprise and Reliant chasing each other around Ceti Alpha 5.

Did you even read one word of the OP lol?

> 2533274796627268;9:
> “We used to play this slow?” Is the most common comment coming me and my long-timge Halo playing friends while experiencing MCC. It’s fun, nostalgic, but slow. Games evolved and got more complex, quick-juke, and faster.

So throw in the thrusters and stuff. All that would work fine.

> 2533274793347751;13:
> The sprint is amazing and realistic since you are a supersoldier in many ways.

A supersoldier cant run and shoot at the same time?

In halo,4 I had a modded gametype that disabled sprint

I always found sprint to be an interesting aspect in games, especially in halo.
When it first appeared in reach that was all I used and it was the beginning of my play style of running in like a -Yoink!- and taking as many down with me as I can. That play style gained me a lot of kills because it startled other players as they often used armor lock, camo or jetpack. They were so used to fighting players that do the same as them that whenever those players went against me I often won because it was easy to work around their play style (I never ran to power weapons). In halo 4, everyone had sprint, so I had to tweak my play style a little, I couldn’t get the jump on them anymore so I had hang back every now and then but that allowed me to become more tactical.

Removal of sprint in halo 5 will mess with my head and hands a lot, I’ll constantly be saying “I miss sprinting as a super soldier” which is why I don’t want sprint removed BUT. I propose the idea of two initial playlists. One with sprint, one without. That way those who enjoy sprinting can well… sprint. And those who don’t, don’t need to. then maybe a third playlist that has both with Veto, so players can get a taste of both worlds.

One thing I would like is kill times being decreased, that was my favorite part of the halo multiplayer, the fact that shields actually protected you, not just prevented easy headshots.