SPRINT RESTRICTIONS?????

Ok i know sprint is here to stay and thats ok its 2021. If halo 5 did one thing right it was sprint. We need some type of neg to using sprint. I assume this will be addressed in later builds i hope. I think it needs to be close to H5 sprint [ slow down on damage and no shield regen while sprint is active. I am def enjoying the flight thank you 343i for invite.

> 2533274873340582;1:
> Ok i know sprint is here to stay and thats ok its 2021. If halo 5 did one thing right it was sprint. We need some type of neg to using sprint. I assume this will be addressed in later builds i hope. I think it needs to be close to H5 sprint [ slow down on damage and no shield regen while sprint is active. I am def enjoying the flight thank you 343i for invite.

It doesn’t need any negatives at all considering it’s maybe 5% faster than just walking. Only benefits sprinting gives is being able to slide.

> 2535406785958729;2:
> > 2533274873340582;1:
> > Ok i know sprint is here to stay and thats ok its 2021. If halo 5 did one thing right it was sprint. We need some type of neg to using sprint. I assume this will be addressed in later builds i hope. I think it needs to be close to H5 sprint [ slow down on damage and no shield regen while sprint is active. I am def enjoying the flight thank you 343i for invite.
>
> It doesn’t need any negatives at all considering it’s maybe 5% faster than just walking. Only benefits sprinting gives is being able to slide.

You forgot that you can reload while sprinting.

> 2535422073786749;3:
> > 2535406785958729;2:
> > > 2533274873340582;1:
> > > Ok i know sprint is here to stay and thats ok its 2021. If halo 5 did one thing right it was sprint. We need some type of neg to using sprint. I assume this will be addressed in later builds i hope. I think it needs to be close to H5 sprint [ slow down on damage and no shield regen while sprint is active. I am def enjoying the flight thank you 343i for invite.
> >
> > It doesn’t need any negatives at all considering it’s maybe 5% faster than just walking. Only benefits sprinting gives is being able to slide.
>
> You forgot that you can reload while sprinting.

You can reload while walking as well. You cant shoot while sprinting. Sprinting make you show up on the motion tracker while walking does not. I honestly think sprinting needs to be a tiny bit faster. Dont really see the point of having it when its so slow, but that just my opinion :grin:

Really think that sprint should have be a tad bit faster as well it seems like it’s a little slow I’m also thinking that might be because maps are smaller then halo 5 were

> 2533274826779625;4:
> > 2535422073786749;3:
> > > 2535406785958729;2:
> > > > 2533274873340582;1:
> > > > Ok i know sprint is here to stay and thats ok its 2021. If halo 5 did one thing right it was sprint. We need some type of neg to using sprint. I assume this will be addressed in later builds i hope. I think it needs to be close to H5 sprint [ slow down on damage and no shield regen while sprint is active. I am def enjoying the flight thank you 343i for invite.
> > >
> > > It doesn’t need any negatives at all considering it’s maybe 5% faster than just walking. Only benefits sprinting gives is being able to slide.
> >
> > You forgot that you can reload while sprinting.
>
> You can reload while walking as well. You cant shoot while sprinting. Sprinting make you show up on the motion tracker while walking does not. I honestly think sprinting needs to be a tiny bit faster. Dont really see the point of having it when its so slow, but that just my opinion :grin:

The reason that sprint is slow is so that players can get across the map in just a hop, skip, and jump.

> 2533274873340582;1:
> Ok i know sprint is here to stay and thats ok its 2021. If halo 5 did one thing right it was sprint. We need some type of neg to using sprint. I assume this will be addressed in later builds i hope. I think it needs to be close to H5 sprint [ slow down on damage and no shield regen while sprint is active. I am def enjoying the flight thank you 343i for invite.

I think this Sprint is much better than H5, honestly. Maybe needs to be a bit faster (like instead of just 5%faster, maybe 7% tops) but overall it’s must better. H5 was more of an annoyance rather than an assist in most cases. No shield recharge when sprinting meant no getting to safety after an encounter of even a single hostile, you were a crippled duck at that point. The slow down was DREADFUL to the point that your character could walk faster at that point after being shot (which with the shield recharge issue it just made that worse). Then there were the Chargers that just dead sprint for you in packs and elim you without any other form of play. And all of this was just worsened by the dreadful map design of wide open and empty spaces to compensate, or long hallways with no cover at all.

HI Sprint makes more sense. You can’t do anything special other than slide, you can actually get away after a gunfight if you hear/see enemies coming, and the maps are actually designed better for walking in mind rather than the other way around. There’s actual balance in the design this time instead of shoehorning a bunch of issues to make people not want to use it or be crippled for using it.

Multiple people tested the sprint speed and it comes out to only about %9 faster then walking speed.

I would also like to point out though that it seems the base walking speed feels faster then previous games. So at that point the only reason sprint seems to be here still is to allow sliding.

> 2535449665894532;8:
> Multiple people tested the sprint speed and it comes out to only about %9 faster then walking speed.
>
> I would also like to point out though that it seems the base walking speed feels faster then previous games. So at that point the only reason sprint seems to be here still is to allow sliding.

Yeah. I saw that as well. Feels a bit wierd to have speed effects when you are basicly just powerwalking :speak_no_evil: Love the normal movement speed, but sprint needs some adjustments

> 2533274826779625;9:
> > 2535449665894532;8:
> > Multiple people tested the sprint speed and it comes out to only about %9 faster then walking speed.
> >
> > I would also like to point out though that it seems the base walking speed feels faster then previous games. So at that point the only reason sprint seems to be here still is to allow sliding.
>
> Yeah. I saw that as well. Feels a bit wierd to have speed effects when you are basicly just powerwalking :speak_no_evil: Love the normal movement speed, but sprint needs some adjustments

I just don’t know if it needs to be. What actual reasons are there for it to be faster when the BMS is already high?

Plus if they did increase it, the maps they already made around it current speed may suffer not having been built for players to be so much faster.

All in all I think it is fine. Plus they removed all the disbenefits of sprinting from H5, if they increased the speed they would have to look into adding those again and I don’t know if they have the time being so close to release.

I’m totally fine with sprint and I think that nothing needs to be changed yet.

> 2535449665894532;10:
> > 2533274826779625;9:
> > > 2535449665894532;8:
> > > Multiple people tested the sprint speed and it comes out to only about %9 faster then walking speed.
> > >
> > > I would also like to point out though that it seems the base walking speed feels faster then previous games. So at that point the only reason sprint seems to be here still is to allow sliding.
> >
> > Yeah. I saw that as well. Feels a bit wierd to have speed effects when you are basicly just powerwalking :speak_no_evil: Love the normal movement speed, but sprint needs some adjustments
>
> I just don’t know if it needs to be. What actual reasons are there for it to be faster when the BMS is already high?
>
> Plus if they did increase it, the maps they already made around it current speed may suffer not having been built for players to be so much faster.
>
> All in all I think it is fine. Plus they removed all the disbenefits of sprinting from H5, if they increased the speed they would have to look into adding those again and I don’t know if they have the time being so close to release.

Maybe. Sprinting now just feels off to me, I feel like a brick accelarating instead of a spartan. Also I dont think 9 % more speed is worth it when you show up on the motion tracker. Think there needs to be some adjustments somewhere. Like showing up on the motion tracker when you are walking? Make sprint faster, but not last too long? Etc.

> 2533274826779625;12:
> > 2535449665894532;10:
> > > 2533274826779625;9:
> > > > 2535449665894532;8:
> > > > Multiple people tested the sprint speed and it comes out to only about %9 faster then walking speed.
> > > >
> > > > I would also like to point out though that it seems the base walking speed feels faster then previous games. So at that point the only reason sprint seems to be here still is to allow sliding.
> > >
> > > Yeah. I saw that as well. Feels a bit wierd to have speed effects when you are basicly just powerwalking :speak_no_evil: Love the normal movement speed, but sprint needs some adjustments
> >
> > I just don’t know if it needs to be. What actual reasons are there for it to be faster when the BMS is already high?
> >
> > Plus if they did increase it, the maps they already made around it current speed may suffer not having been built for players to be so much faster.
> >
> > All in all I think it is fine. Plus they removed all the disbenefits of sprinting from H5, if they increased the speed they would have to look into adding those again and I don’t know if they have the time being so close to release.
>
> Maybe. Sprinting now just feels off to me, I feel like a brick accelarating instead of a spartan. Also I dont think 9 % more speed is worth it when you show up on the motion tracker. Think there needs to be some adjustments somewhere. Like showing up on the motion tracker when you are walking? Make sprint faster, but not last too long? Etc.

I just don’t feel like it is worth the risk to change it. I don’t really feel like a brick as I am seeing it as I was already at a high speed.

> 2533274826779625;4:
> > 2535422073786749;3:
> > > 2535406785958729;2:
> > > > 2533274873340582;1:
> > > > Ok i know sprint is here to stay and thats ok its 2021. If halo 5 did one thing right it was sprint. We need some type of neg to using sprint. I assume this will be addressed in later builds i hope. I think it needs to be close to H5 sprint [ slow down on damage and no shield regen while sprint is active. I am def enjoying the flight thank you 343i for invite.
> > >
> > > It doesn’t need any negatives at all considering it’s maybe 5% faster than just walking. Only benefits sprinting gives is being able to slide.
> >
> > You forgot that you can reload while sprinting.
>
> You can reload while walking as well. You cant shoot while sprinting. Sprinting make you show up on the motion tracker while walking does not. I honestly think sprinting needs to be a tiny bit faster. Dont really see the point of having it when its so slow, but that just my opinion :grin:

Well, the time to shoot out of sprint is so fast you might as well be able to shoot while sprinting

ive played more and i do agree sprint isnt much faster than walking. making sprint faster would prob break the maps that they have made so i dont see that working out. i guess we will wait and see how MP goes and see if sprint needs to be adjusted. Ive come to accept sprint in halo it makes the game faster pace which is a good thing i just dont want to see a “get out of jail free” for a bad play because we have sprint. I think being punished for bad plays is important in halo. Its a great way to learn and it rewards players that are good.

I do miss thrust, I think it added a new skill to the game i was upset to not see it maybe we will get a equipment pick up at launch. The grapple hook is very fun

I agree that sprint should be a little faster or what’s the point. Its really going to feel bad while running across a BTB2.0 map.
While I did enjoy the thruster effect in Halo5, I understand why its gone.

Sprint actually has a ton of negatives associated with it in the finer details. Certain actions also restrict the players ability to sprint and can really mess with your timing.
But “Running across a BTB” map isn’t something you should be doing. Old school Halo always felt bad running across the big maps. All that happened was you took 1000 years to get to where u wanted and then right before you got there you’d get sniped. BTB is about vehicle and power weapon acquisition, not running.

It’s fine that sprint is not significantly useful, as long as it doesn’t waste a button mapping and the effort required to press it frequently.

There needs to be an “automatic sprint” option in accessibility settings; the last couple CoDs have included this setting. In CoD, sprinting all the time is a disadvantage because of sprint-to-fire time, but I’m willing to sacrifice a little K/D to save my thumb from carpal tunnel from clicking the stick constantly. Halo Infinite has zero sprint-to-fire time, so there’s barely any downsides to automatic sprint.

You can just barely outrun an opponent. Which could be enough. Take in the fact that you jump much further while sprinting and that you can slide away around corners or out of corners. On top of that comes the visual aspect with the wind soaring through the screen. Please do NOT remove sprint. To all Halo “veterans”: Be open for new stuff. This isn’t immediately turning into CoD by adding a sprint. The sprint is so ‘slow’ that it is JUST enough, it’s JUST right so we can jump properly and slide. I don’t think they should fix anything about the movement speed. I like the fast paced nature it is right now, where I thought Halo 3 was too slow. Especially when coming back to it now.