Sprint in Halo 5

Sprint needs to be re-tooled or removed in Halo 6 IMO. A vast majority of the community seems to think it’s fine, but I simply can’t stand it.

Shields don’t recharge while sprinting, designed to punish those who run away from fights. Fair enough, however this is a double-edged sword: players who won a close gunfight must also wait for a shield recharge. If you forget this, you are subjected to a 15 some-odd second recharge and left open to an attacker. It’s pretty annoying, especially when you’ve taken a smaller amount of damage and you don’t notice until a guy three-shot’s you.

Solutions:

-If you absolutely MUST alter the shielding system, then make it PAUSE shield recharge rather than RESTART it. It still slows the recharge without causing them to be overlong.

-Make it to where you only have to wait if you take significant damage (50% or a shield break). That way you don’t have to go into battle with a low shield you were unaware of.

-Make it like Reach. It’s slower and it’s limited, so when it’s out, it’s out.

What are your thoughts?

No.
Sprint is fine.
i dont want it removed

> 2533274809220485;2:
> No.
> Sprint is fine.
> i dont want it removed

“…RE-TOOLED or removed…”

I for one actually liked when it ran out. It made for some very coordinated pushes.

This was just a topic a few days ago.

Make smaller maps, a faster base player speed, and some kind of visual effect for all of the #immersion kids that popped out of nowhere after Halo Reach.

stop with these sprint is bad threads seriously it doesn’t ruin the game at all 343 made it balanced I agree with making it so sprinting then stopping doesn’t rest the timer though only pause it. If I misinterpreted this thread as another sprint hating thread then sorry lol

> 2533274884116647;7:
> stop with these sprint is bad threads seriously it doesn’t ruin the game at all 343 made it balanced I agree with making it so sprinting then stopping doesn’t rest the timer though only pause it. If I misinterpreted this thread as another sprint hating thread then sorry lol

Um, it’s cool lol.

> 2533274832335336;1:
> A vast majority of the community seems to think it’s fine

pretty much this

> 2535468636219845;6:
> Make smaller maps, a faster base player speed, and some kind of visual effect for all of the #immersion kids that popped out of nowhere after Halo Reach.

I agree with that to an extent. Sprint wrecks pacing in arena-style modes, but it’s very useful crossing open expanses on giant maps. Halo 2-3 BTB was fun, but Halo Reach and Halo 4 BTB were great with more room for vehicular chaos.

Thats what the Reach Sprint suggestion is for; it’s slow and limited enough to where it’s good for that little burst of speed, but people aren’t flying around the map like Sonic the entire time.

I agree with the idea of changing the “no recharge while sprinting” feature. If this was intended to appease the anti-sprinter crowd then I’m sure it failed. If it was meant to annoy the pro-sprint crowd then “mission accomplished.”

I don’t want to see sprint nerfed to it’s Reach state. That might be an acceptable solution for the arena, but it’s completely untenable for warzone. And I think it would be a mistake to change it for one play list and not for others. There is already a huge chasm opening up between traditional 4v4 rank-chasers and the more casual warzone people. If it gets any wider we’ll be playing two completely different games.

Sprint needs to be removed from any Arena, competitive playlists, period.
No this alteration here, that modification there nonsense… Gone.

The game was, and always will be better with no Sprint. 343 seriously needs to stop putting ‘new’ things into Halo because not a single one of their gameplay ideas was a good one.
Halo 2 and 3 are better, gameplay-wise, than 4 and 5 in every single way that differs.

You had your two attempts, 343… no more chances to show us you ‘get it’. You don’t.
Give up trying to put your stamp on things and give us what we want.
You want to do your own thing so badly? Go start a new franchise, as opposed to coming in and destroying one with hundreds of thousands of people who had stuck with it and only it for over 10 years.

> 2533274832335336;1:
> Sprint needs to be re-tooled or removed in Halo 6 IMO. A vast majority of the community seems to think it’s fine, but I simply can’t stand it.

There’s your answer

Go play Halo 3, or Reach, or Halo 4. Take your pick.

> 2533274873843883;11:
> I agree with the idea of changing the “no recharge while sprinting” feature. If this was intended to appease the anti-sprinter crowd then I’m sure it failed. If it was meant to annoy the pro-sprint crowd then “mission accomplished.”
>
> I don’t want to see sprint nerfed to it’s Reach state. That might be an acceptable solution for the arena, but it’s completely untenable for warzone. And I think it would be a mistake to change it for one play list and not for others. There is already a huge chasm opening up between traditional 4v4 rank-chasers and the more casual warzone people. If it gets any wider we’ll be playing two completely different games.

At this point it’s pretty clear this schism already exists. You make a Halo Reach or a Halo 4, it’s too casual. You make a Halo 5, it’s too competitive. If you make a Halo CE, 2, or 3, you take out some of the good stuff from Reach/4.

My crazy suggestion would be to remove Sprint from Ranked playlists and keep it in Social. Make maps in a variety of sizes like Halo used to then put only the small-medium maps in the Ranked playlists. Wanna play Arena with Sprint? Play Social.

<mark>Do not flame/attack other or make nonconstructive posts.</mark>

> 2533274809541057;14:
> Go play Halo 3, or Reach, or Halo 4. Take your pick.

Well. Way to live up to your name, Rude-y.

It’s funny, cause there are all these people “defending” sprint, yet if 343i never added sprint, I bet no one would be talking about it.

> 2533274883669557;9:
> > 2533274832335336;1:
> > A vast majority of the community seems to think it’s fine
>
>
> pretty much this

The vast majority are uninformed casuals that know next to nothing about why sprint is bad for Halo.

> 2533274832335336;1:
> Sprint needs to be re-tooled or removed in Halo 6 IMO. A vast majority of the community seems to think it’s fine, but I simply can’t stand it.
>
> Shields don’t recharge while sprinting, designed to punish those who run away from fights. Fair enough, however this is a double-edged sword: players who won a close gunfight must also wait for a shield recharge. If you forget this, you are subjected to a 15 some-odd second recharge and left open to an attacker. It’s pretty annoying, especially when you’ve taken a smaller amount of damage and you don’t notice until a guy three-shot’s you.

-Halo 4
-Sprint needs to be removed it’s too easy for players to run away from fights.
-Halo 5
-Sprint needs to be removed it’s too hard for players to run away from fights.

Am I the only one who sees this? This community is full of this kind of -Yoink!- and it ticks me off.

Sprint being tied to your shields puts emphasis on learning the maps and escape routes that aren’t simply “let’s sprint in a circle until my shields come back”, i.e. how classic Halo had you evade. This is a good thing, it makes Halo 5 flow like classic Halo games whilst having a more diverse sandbox of tools for players to work with.

-rant over-

> 2533274809220485;2:
> No.
> Sprint is fine.
> i dont want it removed

A lot of people didn’t want duel wielding removed either. But it was for the best. Sprint is no different.