Sprint in Halo 4

A possibility for AAs in Halo 4 could be this scenario:

Sprint is the default ability that everyone spawns with. There could be equipment on the map that temporarily replaces the user’s Sprint with another AA after activation. It would be a mix of AAs and H3 equipment.

Example:

Player spawns and sprints toward Jetpack equipment. Player acquires Jetpack, removing it from the map. Rather than activating in right then and there, he sprints up to the enemy base then activates his Jetpack to fly over a wall and drop onto his unsuspecting enemy. Jetpack eventually wears off and the player now has sprint again.

Thoughts?

I think sprint should just be default. I mean we’ve seen him run. Why cant we run as well. Other wise I dont want any AAs in Halo 4. Also I thought AAs were lost on reach.

This MAY sound crazy, just bear with me. How about… The game DOESN’T include AA’s making it more like the Halo trilogy and not like Reach which it has NO connection to whatsoever. Also making the game WAY MORE FUN.

> This MAY sound crazy, just bear with me. How about… The game DOESN’T include AA’s making it more like the Halo trilogy and not like Reach which it has NO connection to whatsoever. Also making the game WAY MORE FUN.

How about we try that one more time, without the sarcasm.

> A possibility for AAs in Halo 4 could be this scenario:
>
> Sprint is the default ability that everyone spawns with. There could be equipment on the map that temporarily replaces the user’s Sprint with another AA after activation. It would be a mix of AAs and H3 equipment.
>
> Example:
>
> Player spawns and sprints toward Jetpack equipment. Player acquires Jetpack, removing it from the map. Rather than activating in right then and there, he sprints up to the enemy base then activates his Jetpack to fly over a wall and drop onto his unsuspecting enemy. Jetpack eventually wears off and the player now has sprint again.
>
> Thoughts?

Whenever i’m shooting with the AR they always sprint away :frowning: No AAs would better

> > This MAY sound crazy, just bear with me. How about… The game DOESN’T include AA’s making it more like the Halo trilogy and not like Reach which it has NO connection to whatsoever. Also making the game WAY MORE FUN.
>
> How about we try that one more time, without the sarcasm.

No sarcasm detected.

> > > This MAY sound crazy, just bear with me. How about… The game DOESN’T include AA’s making it more like the Halo trilogy and not like Reach which it has NO connection to whatsoever. Also making the game WAY MORE FUN.
> >
> > How about we try that one more time, without the sarcasm.
>
> No sarcasm detected.

The why the use of of CAPS.

Guys come one, I feel like a kindergarten teacher. There are a thousand threads about “No AAs in Halo 4” that you can post in. If you have an idea say so but useless comments like “No AAs in Halo 4” are, for a lack of a better word, useless.

I always thought that Halo 1, 2 and 3 were better for not having too many controls. Chief always moved a bit faster than those around him, and for me that was enough. I thought the AA’s to be an interesting way of keeping the game a little fresh, but never really used them.

My two cents is that they aren’t really needed, and so should be left out of the build. But if they do keep them, 343 will still collect my $60.

i think sprint should be were it seems to be in all the other fps’s: pressing the left stick down.

> I always thought that Halo 1, 2 and 3 were better for not having too many controls. Chief always moved a bit faster than those around him, and for me that was enough. I thought the AA’s to be an interesting way of keeping the game a little fresh, but never really used them.
>
> My two cents is that they aren’t really needed, and so should be left out of the build. But if they do keep them, 343 will still collect my $60.

Exactly, minus the last sentence, unless they really make gameplay fun unlike this certain game that came out Sept. 14th 2010.

> Guys come one, I feel like a kindergarten teacher. There are a thousand threads about “No AAs in Halo 4” that you can post in. If you have an idea say so but useless comments like “No AAs in Halo 4” are, for a lack of a better word, useless.

Armor abilities can’t be in halo 4, PERIOD.

1.They were lost on Reach therefore no campaign armor abilities.
2.AA’s disrupt the golden triangle in multiplayer.

If 343 puts AA’s in Halo 4 then they are ignoring their fanbase and canon.

> > Guys come one, I feel like a kindergarten teacher. There are a thousand threads about “No AAs in Halo 4” that you can post in. If you have an idea say so but useless comments like “No AAs in Halo 4” are, for a lack of a better word, useless.
>
> Armor abilities can’t be in halo 4, PERIOD.
>
> 1.They were lost on Reach therefore no campaign armor abilities.
> 2.AA’s disrupt the golden triangle in multiplayer.
>
> If 343 puts AA’s in Halo 4 then they are ignoring their fanbase and canon.

Sprint dousnt need to be a AA tho. Why cant we run, when the chief does it in cut scenes?

Can’t we just go back to the days where it felt like we were trudging through mashed potatoes?

Sure Chief should be able to run, but sprint itself must not exist in H4.

> Sure Chief should be able to run, but sprint itself must not exist in H4.

What else do you wanna call it then? lol
This is one thing that most fps have that I wish Halo had from the beginning.

Running…just make it work like cod running or something, idk.

I’m sensing that you want to be able to sprint as well as use your “picked up off the map” ability without losing one or the other. Is this correct? Would you want the picked up abilities to have a timer or a “use till you die” effect like picking up an AA in Reach does?

Ya at least keep sprint. We should be fair and equal between both sides of the argument. If not then your probably some spoiled jerk.

thats the problem though weve gotten so used to have sprint that we need to ween ourselves off of it, i was going to agree with op but in the classic style of halo we MUST ween ourselves from AA at all costs. the problem is we are just used to it, so we must not way so heavily on it anymore expecially when halo ce comes out.