Sprint Feels Like a Light Jog

Sprinting in this test flight feels more like a light jog compared to an actual sprint. At most I’ve noticed it being more of a 10% to 15% increase compared to the standard walking. I don’t know if it’s because it’s a bit bugged due to the shaking from running, but it feels too slow.

I agree, a 5-10 increase in speed would help for sure.

Sprint is meant to be slower in this game - it’s not a bug but more of a method of balancing player mobility.

Sprint being too fast can lead to maps being too large and players needed to sprint to get around.
With Halo Infinite there’s not as much emphasis on having to sprint as movement speed and sprint aren’t as radically different.

It’s actually a good compromise and I like it a tonne.

Its mean to be I like this sprint it’s enough to get out of danger but not so much that you can run from one end to the other in seconds.

> 2533274823402775;4:
> Its mean to be I like this sprint it’s enough to get out of danger but not so much that you can run from one end to the other in seconds.

But that’s where the issue is. It’s not really fast enough to be “out of danger”. I think that increasing the speed by just a tad would help since sprint in most other games is around a 30% to 50% increase in movement speed. There’s not even really a worthy trade off if sprint Is this slow and you have to ready your weapon after getting out of sprint.

> 2533274858015047;5:
> > 2533274823402775;4:
> > Its mean to be I like this sprint it’s enough to get out of danger but not so much that you can run from one end to the other in seconds.
>
> But that’s where the issue is. It’s not really fast enough to be “out of danger”. I think that increasing the speed by just a tad would help since sprint in most other games is around a 30% to 50% increase in movement speed. There’s not even really a worthy trade off if sprint Is this slow and you have to ready your weapon after getting out of sprint.

Funny back in halo 1, 2, 3 you did not have sprint yet skilled players found ways to disappear from bad situations. If 343 think increases the sprint by a few more percent will help then fine but they will have to make the maps much bigger to compensate for it. Like they did in halo 5 when they remastered the old halo maps, they has to stretch them out which looks worse.

> 2533274823402775;6:
> > 2533274858015047;5:
> > > 2533274823402775;4:
> > > Its mean to be I like this sprint it’s enough to get out of danger but not so much that you can run from one end to the other in seconds.
> >
> > But that’s where the issue is. It’s not really fast enough to be “out of danger”. I think that increasing the speed by just a tad would help since sprint in most other games is around a 30% to 50% increase in movement speed. There’s not even really a worthy trade off if sprint Is this slow and you have to ready your weapon after getting out of sprint.
>
> Funny back in halo 1, 2, 3 you did not have sprint yet skilled players found ways to disappear from bad situations. If 343 think increases the sprint by a few more percent will help then fine but they will have to make the maps much bigger to compensate for it. Like they did in halo 5 when they remastered the old halo maps, they has to stretch them out which looks worse.

The issue is that based off how the maps are designed right now, there’s not even a need for sprint at all. Hell I could even argue that not sprinting at all is better than sprinting because of not only the jitter that happens when sprinting but also the fact that you need to ready your weapon to fire after leaving sprint. As it stands, high level competitive play will leave sprint almost entirely alone unless gunning for a power weapon or moving to a specific point on a map a fraction of a second faster.

> 2533274858015047;1:
> Sprinting in this test flight feels more like a light jog compared to an actual sprint. At most I’ve noticed it being more of a 10% to 15% increase compared to the standard walking. I don’t know if it’s because it’s a bit bugged due to the shaking from running, but it feels too slow.

You’re doing it wrong. Play it like titanfall and Sprint-dash-jump together to get around.

It’s working exactly how it should be, and that’s a good thing.

I’d say leave it as it is. It’s a good compromise. Also, sprint allows you to use slide, so if you want to dip behind cover or w/e, that’s a good way to make use of it.

> 2533274858015047;1:
> Sprinting in this test flight feels more like a light jog compared to an actual sprint. At most I’ve noticed it being more of a 10% to 15% increase compared to the standard walking. I don’t know if it’s because it’s a bit bugged due to the shaking from running, but it feels too slow.

If it were up to me, I’d get rid of sprint! How it is currently though is ok enough, 5% should be the maximum though!!

You don’t need sprint in a Halo game, it can stay with COD and every other FPS…

Leave it as is, but remove that God awful head bob

Am I on the correct website? most replies are saying it’s a good compromise/get rid of sprint :open_mouth:

leave it as it is.

Leave as is. Please. Speed is perfectly balanced and the headbop is also completely fine. Sprint has never been this perfect in a game before :stuck_out_tongue:

Enjoying the slower pace. Gives me a a Halo 3 kind of vibe instead of Halo 5.

Sprinting is being used as a gateway to higher mobility skills as opposed to the Get out of jail free card that the “No sprint” purists believe it is. So it is less about getting to a place FAST as it is about Sprinting> sliding> Jumping to gain new angles of attack or Reach areas while being less vulnerable (Mantling up to places is easier, but you can’t shoot. Sprint Sliding up from another area means you CAN Shoot.

I think it’s a good middle ground between those of us who like sprint, and those that absolutely hate it. But now as many predicted, the Sprint-of-the-gaps argument has come out. This is not a logical way of looking at sprint.

Just because something is “Less useful” than previous iterations doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be in the game. Then sliding would only be useable from Walking. Slide from walking would be not only too easy to do, but it would confound the movement system to being over sensitive BECAUSE it’s too easy to accidentally do. What is the threshold between walking and crouching and walking and sliding? Do you have to monitor how long you’ve been walking to avoid sliding? Should sliding only happen at a certain Tilt of the controller? What tilt? Would that not be too advanced for 99% of controller users when most high-octane encounters has 99.9% of players smashing the stick forward.

Conclusion: Sprint isn’t as useful for covering large distances alone. But it is used as a gateway between Regular movement, and advanced mobility skills, which keep it as a requirement.

Leave it as is, but allow walking to appear on the motion sensor. Really don’t get how walking is not part of the motion sensor. Right now, it doesn’t feel like Sprint is necessary. Only for emergency situations. For mobility purposes as well.

> 2533274811158328;16:
> Sprinting is being used as a gateway to higher mobility skills as opposed to the Get out of jail free card that the “No sprint” purists believe it is. So it is less about getting to a place FAST as it is about Sprinting> sliding> Jumping to gain new angles of attack or Reach areas while being less vulnerable (Mantling up to places is easier, but you can’t shoot. Sprint Sliding up from another area means you CAN Shoot.
>
> I think it’s a good middle ground between those of us who like sprint, and those that absolutely hate it. But now as many predicted, the Sprint-of-the-gaps argument has come out. This is not a logical way of looking at sprint.
>
> Just because something is “Less useful” than previous iterations doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be in the game. Then sliding would only be useable from Walking. Slide from walking would be not only too easy to do, but it would confound the movement system to being over sensitive BECAUSE it’s too easy to accidentally do. What is the threshold between walking and crouching and walking and sliding? Do you have to monitor how long you’ve been walking to avoid sliding? Should sliding only happen at a certain Tilt of the controller? What tilt? Would that not be too advanced for 99% of controller users when most high-octane encounters has 99.9% of players smashing the stick forward.
>
> Conclusion: Sprint isn’t as useful for covering large distances alone. But it is used as a gateway between Regular movement, and advanced mobility skills, which keep it as a requirement.

This is exactly how it should be.

I’m fine with sprint being slower than previous games, but as it is right now I barely feel like it’s worth using. It’s just a gateway for sliding right now and it doesn’t feel good to me.

i haven’t played but from what iv seen its sounds like they should have just removed it altogether