sprint doesn't belong in halo

It’s simple, it was a fantastic game without it? Why try and put in a mechanic that every other basic fps game has. Halo was so successful without it. It’s turning core halo fans away and the game overall is losing the competitve yet fun touch that the game once had.

you belong to the group of people that make up about 50% of halo fans/players that do not want sprint

sprint can be stupid, when fockers try to run away like little panzys and hide somewhere… it’s annoying yes…

i like sprint for the most part, i don’t want to see it go… i would play all the other halos a lot more if they had sprint, they seem so dated and slow without it

i say keep sprint but turn it off or reduce it when you are damaged

You realllyy felt the need to create a thread for what could have easily been a reply on a sprint thread

Your other thread wasn’t enough?

Anyway, get over yourself. Sprint isn’t going anywhere. Making a thousand threads won’t change that.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

its not that I don’t like sprint itself I just don’t like the mechanic for halo. Soulburnin you’re just a waste of a reply. You had no constructive valid input on this post, so please go somewhere else you pest.

> 2533274800078216;5:
> its not that I don’t like sprint itself I just don’t like the mechanic for halo. Soulburnin you’re just a waste of a reply. You had no constructive valid input on this post, so please go somewhere else you pest.

Your OP isn’t even constructive.

Sprint, along with thrusters, represent a shift in focus from “who can outgun their opponent” to “who can outmaneuver their opponent”. Gunplay should be the focus. We are playing a shooter, after all.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that some people actually like sprint in Halo. It’s not going anywhere. Don’t like sprint? Play customs. Or there may be even launch playlists that have sprint and other spartan abilities disabled. Or you could decide to spend your money on something else.

I personally don’t really care if sprint is in or not. It’s fun for me either way.

> 2811398874529013;7:
> Sprint, along with thrusters, represent a shift in focus from “who can outgun their opponent” to “who can outmaneuver their opponent”. Gunplay should be the focus. We are playing a shooter, after all.

Why not both?

> 2533274873486404;9:
> > 2811398874529013;7:
> > Sprint, along with thrusters, represent a shift in focus from “who can outgun their opponent” to “who can outmaneuver their opponent”. Gunplay should be the focus. We are playing a shooter, after all.
>
>
> Why not both?

Because Halo has never been that way until recent years. If a developer wants to create a game that focuses on outmaneuvering opponents as well as outgunning them, that’s all well and good. They just shouldn’t call it Halo. They can create a new I.P. if they want something that hasn’t already been an established franchise.

> 2533274827486760;2:
> you belong to the group of people that make up about 50% of halo fans/players that do not want sprint
>
> sprint can be stupid, when fockers try to run away like little panzys and hide somewhere… it’s annoying yes…
>
> i like sprint for the most part, i don’t want to see it go… i would play all the other halos a lot more if they had sprint, they seem so dated and slow without it
>
> i say keep sprint but turn it off or reduce it when you are damaged

50% Can you kindly tell me where you came up with that percentage, or is that nothing but pure speculation and assumption? See, the reason why I ask is because for every vote that was made in favour for sprint, there were two more (or even higher) that voted against it (at the time of this post) in this poll: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/simple-sprint-poll/f9cdc9b6-a41f-4e88-a6ff-48cc950182ea/posts along with three other polls conducted in three different diverse communities that all favoured voting against sprint (one that went as high as 95% against sprint): http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2qpdbm/surprising_poll_results_sprint_halo_does_the/

But it’s still built around the core principles. And with the changes they’ve made it’ll be better. Most likely. I understand that people may not like it. But there are also people that like this shift in formula in Halo.

And can we please make a sticky sprint thread? Sprint threads are filling up too much of the forum space.

> 2533274881015020;11:
> 50% Can you kindly tell me where you came up with that percentage, or is that nothing but pure speculation and assumption? See, the reason why I ask is because for every vote that was made in favour for sprint, there were two more (or even higher) that voted against it (at the time of this post) in this poll: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/simple-sprint-poll/f9cdc9b6-a41f-4e88-a6ff-48cc950182ea/posts along with three other polls conducted in three different diverse communities that all favoured voting against sprint (one that went as high as 95% against sprint): http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2qpdbm/surprising_poll_results_sprint_halo_does_the/

Those who are dissatisfied with a certain aspect of a product are far more likely to come online to forums to complain than those who find no faults with it.

> 2533274873486404;12:
> But it’s still built around the core principles. And with the changes they’ve made it’ll be better. Most likely. I understand that people may not like it. But there are also people that like this shift in formula in Halo.

Yes, there are people who like this shift. Those same people would also like it if a new series came out that included the gameplay mechanics that are being put into Halo.

A very fun, and high-selling game can be released that includes sprint, thrusters, ground-pound, shooting, grenades, melee attacks, etc. Hell, I might even be inclined to want to play it. That is, until they slap the Halo title on it. Because slapping the Halo title onto something that isn’t Halo means that we’ll never again see a game true to what made the series great. Just look at the Resident Evil franchise. RE4 was a good game, but was hardly recognizable as a RE game. Because of that, we will never see another survival horror RE game.

Suppose you go to your favorite pizza shop and order a meat-lovers pizza(if that’s your thing). Suppose it’s your favorite thing and is something that you’ve ordered for years. But this time, they give you a pizza that has sausage, pepperoni, ham, liver, chicken beaks, and ground-up rabbit on it. The chicken beaks and rabbit have never been a part of this recipe before. Your initial reaction would be shock and confusion. But why? the core elements are still there. It’s still all meat(or at least comes from animals). Hell, some people may even like the new additions.

> 2533274826802205;14:
> > 2533274881015020;11:
> > 50% Can you kindly tell me where you came up with that percentage, or is that nothing but pure speculation and assumption? See, the reason why I ask is because for every vote that was made in favour for sprint, there were two more (or even higher) that voted against it (at the time of this post) in this poll: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/simple-sprint-poll/f9cdc9b6-a41f-4e88-a6ff-48cc950182ea/posts along with three other polls conducted in three different diverse communities that all favoured voting against sprint (one that went as high as 95% against sprint): http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2qpdbm/surprising_poll_results_sprint_halo_does_the/
>
>
>
> Those who are dissatisfied with a certain aspect of a product are far more likely to come online to forums to complain than those who find no faults with it.

And those who don’t come online can be said to be blissfully ignorant of the issues that sprint causes.

But way to marginalise it, hero.

> 2811398874529013;15:
> > 2533274873486404;12:
> > But it’s still built around the core principles. And with the changes they’ve made it’ll be better. Most likely. I understand that people may not like it. But there are also people that like this shift in formula in Halo.
>
>
> Yes, there are people who like this shift. Those same people would also like it if a new series came out that included the gameplay mechanics that are being put into Halo.

True. But people would also like these changes to be in Halo and only Halo.

> 2811398874529013;15:
> Suppose you go to your favorite pizza shop and order a meat-lovers pizza(if that’s your thing). Suppose it’s your favorite thing and is something that you’ve ordered for years. They give you a pizza that has sausage, pepperoni, ham, liver, chicken beaks, and ground-up rabbit on it. Your initial reaction would be shock and confusion. But why? the core elements are still there. It’s still all meat(or at least comes from animals). Hell, some people may even like the new additions.

Hehe. I’m vegetarian. But I understand your metaphor. I guess I would just remove the vegetables I don’t like :stuck_out_tongue:

I have seen this exact topic more than 3 times

I think having sprint is great, you are a spartan after all

Spammy thread is spammy.

In all seriousness, this is the second post you’ve made on this exact topic in less then 48 hours, please refrain from spamming as it can result in a temporary lock to your forum rights.