Sprint can be turned off in custom games.

Seriously.

We know.

Those of us posting about it do so in hopes that sprint will be completely removed from Halo 6, or at the very least has its role reversed from what it is now(disabled in base gameplay, but can be switched on for customs or something)

Ok?

So put a sprintless playlist in MM 343.

Sprint is needed for future Halo games. The select few of you who don’t like it should just simply play MCC. If sprint wasn’t added into the game then more people would have lost interest.

> 2533274882946587;4:
> Sprint is needed for future Halo games. The select few of you who don’t like it should just simply play MCC. If sprint wasn’t added into the game then more people would have lost interest.

This is an assumption.

And based on the fact that every Halo game that has been built around sprint had fallen out of the xbl top 10 most played games, it’s a pretty poor one.

yea…you just realized lol so can the other abilities

> 2535440882957127;5:
> > 2533274882946587;4:
> > Sprint is needed for future Halo games. The select few of you who don’t like it should just simply play MCC. If sprint wasn’t added into the game then more people would have lost interest.
>
>
> This is an assumption.
>
> And based on the fact that every Halo game that has been built around sprint had fallen out of the xbl top 10 most played games, it’s a pretty poor one.

This to infinity.

We have a good sample size of what people enjoy. CE-3 have lasted longer population wise than Reach-4. H5 is still being evaluated since it’s to early to determine.

I dont think sprint will ever be removed. Fast-paced FPS games sell these days, removing sprint would slow everything down too much. CE-3 had their days, but really video games are made for a certain demographic and sadly most of us halo fans are outside of that range. You need to learn to deal with sprint.

> 2604983891615163;8:
> I dont think sprint will ever be removed. Fast-paced FPS games sell these days, removing sprint would slow everything down too much. CE-3 had their days, but really video games are made for a certain demographic and sadly most of us halo fans are outside of that range. You need to learn to deal with sprint.

Gamers are getting older just as much as younger people are starting to game. The target age group is growing, yet all of the attention goes to the younger crowd. You know, the ones who didn’t put in their time and money to make a franchise like Halo what it is today.

Yeah just because u can turn it off in custom games doesn’t mean we need a playlist in MM that has no sprint. What we need is a playlist that’s going to always have a high player count. Not 50 to 300 players most of the time.

it´s fine

I wish they would put a slayer classic playlist up. Just for one weekend is all we need. No sprint, no clamber, no assassinations, no ground pound. Just slow moving, barely jumping, sluggishness. That should put an end to all the remove sprint post.

> 2535440882957127;5:
> > 2533274882946587;4:
> > Sprint is needed for future Halo games. The select few of you who don’t like it should just simply play MCC. If sprint wasn’t added into the game then more people would have lost interest.
>
>
> This is an assumption.
>
> And based on the fact that every Halo game that has been built around sprint had fallen out of the xbl top 10 most played games, it’s a pretty poor one.

you’re not taken in consideration the games that were/are up against halo back then and now. Your fact is so weighted down by circumstance that it doesn’t hold true to present day comparisons. Apples and oranges.
Like saying the Camaro out sold the mustang when it had an 8-track player, so they should put them in all the new ones to out sell the mustang again. It doesn’t make or break the product. Just the first to have the added feature gets the jump on the competition. But then every one follows until the next big thing comes out. 8-track<cassette<cd<Bluetooth sync. Gotta keep up with the times.
Sadly Halo didn’t get the jump on it so it fell behind. They been playing catch up ever since.

FFS how many sprint threads do we need in one day?

> 2535440882957127;3:
> Ok?
>
> So put a sprintless playlist in MM 343.

You mean classic Halo gametype!

there’s also an option to change the grenade throw speed, lol…

I think it’s hilarious the people that think the last two Halo’s fell out of the Top 10 because of one single issue: Sprint. Right. Get over yourselves. Do you know how much faster Halo 5 would have fallen out of the Top 10 if it DIDN’T have sprint in this day & age? The reason Halo 5 fell out of the Top 10 so quickly was because the casuals see Halo as “boring” now compared to all the Call of Duty’s (Zombies, Killstreaks, etc.), Fallout’s, Destiny’s, Battlefront’s, League of Legends, etc. out there around the same timeframe. Halo has a very small hardcore number of players who want no sprint, etc. & that small number of people isn’t going to keep it in the Top 10. It’s the casuals that all moved on, not the hardcore. If you take out Sprint, you’re marketing to the exact same people that are still in the game right now anyways, the hardcore. You’ll probably lose the few casuals as well that are still hanging on.

343i launched Halo 5 with really repetitive, plastic looking maps & no social playlists at launch. What did everybody think was going to happen? Then most of the REQ’s have similar traits, it’s not very unique between all the Legendary guns you get. Where as in a game like Destiny you’d get more bad-_ _ _ looking stuff. Most of the unique Legendary’s aren’t super amazing looking & almost all of them simply have some extra explosive damage effect, they are all really similar. If this game would have came out & had some super awesome Arena maps that were all unique & at least six Warzone maps on the disc, it would have held on a bit longer probably. Plus, I think we all can admit that the campaign in Halo 5 was very average for a Halo game. A really small thing I think they did poorly as well was the Commendations. In games today people like things popping up on the screen all the time like you’re watching SportsCenter. Why when you’ve completed a Commendation doesn’t it ever pop-up in the middle of the screen? It at least keeps you playing a bit longer to try to go after something. Some of my friends didn’t even know there were challenges in Halo 5.

A no sprint option in customs is all good, but people are more concerned about the default gameplay where sprints negative effects actually matter.

> 2533274819567236;18:
> A no sprint option in customs is all good, but people are more concerned about the default gameplay where sprints negative effects actually matter.

I’ve already posted this before, but as much as I would love a classic playlist, I don’t see them implementing one anytime soon. Not even mentioning how it wouldn’t work well in H5’s sandbox.

“Unfortunately, a classic Playlist is nothing more than a band-aid solution. It would not solve the ongoing issue at all (How long now, 6 years?).
Even if they did implement one as of now, it would cause 2 problems; the Playlist would appear as an afterthought and make the already dwindling original Halo fan population feel like they’re second class, and it would make 343 appear as if they have no confidence in their own “innovations” to Halo’s formula.”

> 2533274882946587;4:
> Sprint is needed for future Halo games. The select few of you who don’t like it should just simply play MCC. If sprint wasn’t added into the game then more people would have lost interest.

This would make sense if MCC was working, but match making time is still really slow. If Halo is going this way, I think the Halo vets deserve a sprintless sanctuary for how long we’ve stuck with the franchise. Those of us who have become disillusioned with the direction Halo has taken have two options: endure gameplay we don’t like, or spend 10 minutes per game searching for classic matches. Seems there’s no reward for loyalty.