Sprint by default

After reviewing the two multiplayer videos that were released, I believe I have noticed two interesting things regarding Sprint in Halo Infinite.

In many games there is an option to Sprint by default, meaning when you move forward your character automatically sprints and no additional input is needed (speed can be adjusted to a walk with your stick if on a controller, not sure about keyboard). This was such a positive settings option in Fortnite that the developers made it apart of the default control scheme. Call of Duty has also implemented it as a setting.

If the above two points are assumed to be correct, I think that it would be a great setting to add to Halo Infinite. I know the Sprint/No Sprint argurment is very long and winded, but perhaps this would be the best compromise for both camps.

• You’d be able to have Sprint in the game (which is already happening) - a win for the Sprint fans. - You’d be able to have a setting where you are always moving at the fastest speed (sprinting) at no penalty to your ability to shoot, effectively moving like Classic Halo - a win for non-Sprint fans.If this is true and the setting is already planned to be in the game, the only thing I can think that would make it even better is to have a setting to disable the Sprinting animation for your weapon. You’d be running and gunning like Classic Halo, all while technically Sprinting. :slight_smile:

> 2533274815711361;1:
> After reviewing the two multiplayer videos that were released, I believe I have noticed two interesting things regarding Sprint in Halo Infinite.
>
>
> - There does not appear to be any animation preventing you from shooting instantly while sprinting. - While shooting from a Sprint, it does not appear that the Spartan loses any speed.Until we get confirmation this is what I assume is happening. Timestamp 0:46 if the link doesn’t work.
>
> In many games there is an option to Sprint by default, meaning when you move forward your character automatically sprints and no additional input is needed (speed can be adjusted to a walk with your stick if on a controller, not sure about keyboard). This was such a positive settings option in Fortnite that the developers made it apart of the default control scheme. Call of Duty has also implemented it as a setting.
>
> If the above two points are assumed to be correct, I think that it would be a great setting to add to Halo Infinite. I know the Sprint/No Sprint argurment is very long and winded, but perhaps this would be the best compromise for both camps.
>
>
> - You’d be able to have Sprint in the game (which is already happening) - a win for the Sprint fans. - You’d be able to have a setting where you are always moving at the fastest speed (sprinting) at no penalty to your ability to shoot, effectively moving like Classic Halo - a win for non-Sprint fans.If this is true and the setting is already planned to be in the game, the only thing I can think that would make it even better is to have a setting to disable the Sprinting animation for your weapon. You’d be running and gunning like Classic Halo, all while technically Sprinting. :slight_smile:

As Spartans we shouldn’t have to slow down with our tech heavy helmets. I hate that pause raising you gun and I’m not sure if I would love this or hate it. In general I think it may work only if sprint isn’t too fast.

> 2533274792737987;2:
> > 2533274815711361;1:
> > After reviewing the two multiplayer videos that were released, I believe I have noticed two interesting things regarding Sprint in Halo Infinite.
> >
> >
> > - There does not appear to be any animation preventing you from shooting instantly while sprinting. - While shooting from a Sprint, it does not appear that the Spartan loses any speed.Until we get confirmation this is what I assume is happening. Timestamp 0:46 if the link doesn’t work.
> >
> > In many games there is an option to Sprint by default, meaning when you move forward your character automatically sprints and no additional input is needed (speed can be adjusted to a walk with your stick if on a controller, not sure about keyboard). This was such a positive settings option in Fortnite that the developers made it apart of the default control scheme. Call of Duty has also implemented it as a setting.
> >
> > If the above two points are assumed to be correct, I think that it would be a great setting to add to Halo Infinite. I know the Sprint/No Sprint argurment is very long and winded, but perhaps this would be the best compromise for both camps.
> >
> >
> > - You’d be able to have Sprint in the game (which is already happening) - a win for the Sprint fans. - You’d be able to have a setting where you are always moving at the fastest speed (sprinting) at no penalty to your ability to shoot, effectively moving like Classic Halo - a win for non-Sprint fans.If this is true and the setting is already planned to be in the game, the only thing I can think that would make it even better is to have a setting to disable the Sprinting animation for your weapon. You’d be running and gunning like Classic Halo, all while technically Sprinting. :slight_smile:
>
> As Spartans we shouldn’t have to slow down with our tech heavy helmets. I hate that pause raising you gun and I’m not sure if I would love this or hate it. In general I think it may work only if sprint isn’t too fast.

From what I can tell Sprint doesn’t seem to be as fast as Halo 5. It’s almost the speed right before the “full speed” symbols appear on your HUD in Halo 5.

Chief’s Sprint in the campaign trailer from last year looked barely noticeable! But that may have changed as well.

> 2533274815711361;3:
> > 2533274792737987;2:
> > > 2533274815711361;1:
> > > After reviewing the two multiplayer videos that were released, I believe I have noticed two interesting things regarding Sprint in Halo Infinite.
> > >
> > >
> > > - There does not appear to be any animation preventing you from shooting instantly while sprinting. - While shooting from a Sprint, it does not appear that the Spartan loses any speed.Until we get confirmation this is what I assume is happening. Timestamp 0:46 if the link doesn’t work.
> > >
> > > In many games there is an option to Sprint by default, meaning when you move forward your character automatically sprints and no additional input is needed (speed can be adjusted to a walk with your stick if on a controller, not sure about keyboard). This was such a positive settings option in Fortnite that the developers made it apart of the default control scheme. Call of Duty has also implemented it as a setting.
> > >
> > > If the above two points are assumed to be correct, I think that it would be a great setting to add to Halo Infinite. I know the Sprint/No Sprint argurment is very long and winded, but perhaps this would be the best compromise for both camps.
> > >
> > >
> > > - You’d be able to have Sprint in the game (which is already happening) - a win for the Sprint fans. - You’d be able to have a setting where you are always moving at the fastest speed (sprinting) at no penalty to your ability to shoot, effectively moving like Classic Halo - a win for non-Sprint fans.If this is true and the setting is already planned to be in the game, the only thing I can think that would make it even better is to have a setting to disable the Sprinting animation for your weapon. You’d be running and gunning like Classic Halo, all while technically Sprinting. :slight_smile:
> >
> > As Spartans we shouldn’t have to slow down with our tech heavy helmets. I hate that pause raising you gun and I’m not sure if I would love this or hate it. In general I think it may work only if sprint isn’t too fast.
>
> From what I can tell Sprint doesn’t seem to be as fast as Halo 5. It’s almost the speed right before the “full speed” symbols appear on your HUD in Halo 5.
>
> Chief’s Sprint in the campaign trailer from last year looked barely noticeable! But that may have changed as well.

It does seem slower which is great. I guess it can always be altered too.