Sprint + Beatdown

It is rampant in my beloved Team Snipers playlist. If there were another title update, I would love for it to be eliminated from this game for it is abused. It’s such a cheesy move. Shame on the developers for letting this game become a button mashing fest.

Not sure what exactly can be done. But doesn’t FPS actually stand for First Person Shooter? And doesn’t Reach claim to be one of those?

If you allow someone in snipers to double melee you got outplayed.

> If you allow someone in snipers to double melee you got outplayed.

What about when you’re in close quarters combat? I dislike getting killed by the pistol in snipers, but that sure beats getting double melee’d. If people could at least try to play a clean match once in a while, it would be better for everyone. A good, clean, close match is always fun. Although, I hardly play snipers, so I don’t know how often this stuff actually happens.

Some players will run across the map just to pummel someone twice. In team snipers no scope and beat down is your friend.

I agree with OP. Sprint + beatdown is such a stupid move.

It’s probably too late to fix it now but hopefully H4 will have something to stop
that nonsense.

> > If you allow someone in snipers to double melee you got outplayed.
>
> What about when you’re in close quarters combat? I dislike getting killed by the pistol in snipers, but that sure beats getting double melee’d. If people could at least try to play a clean match once in a while, it would be better for everyone. A good, clean, close match is always fun. Although, I hardly play snipers, so I don’t know how often this stuff actually happens.

I’ll give you that its annoying to get double meleed. If you can’t sniper combo or no scope them then they made the right choice to double melee.

No excuse for losing to sprint beat down when you have a sniper. If you had a dmr or ar, that would be different.

@Windamier

Please tell everyone how we should play the game and make it easier for you.

Honestly, the cheek of it…

If you are allowing someone to get close enough to perform a beat down, you deserve it. It’s not the game that needs to be changed, it’s your tactics.

> If you are allowing someone to get close enough to perform a beat down, you deserve it. It’s not the game that needs to be changed, it’s your tactics.

If you can’t beat 'em join 'em?

> > If you are allowing someone to get close enough to perform a beat down, you deserve it. It’s not the game that needs to be changed, it’s your tactics.
>
> If you can’t beat 'em join 'em?

It’s not so much that I see Sprint + Double Beatdowns, I see players getting one shot off to take players shields down then go for the Sprint + Beatdown.

I wouldn’t use such a cheap tactic myself though. I have more respect for myself than that. I’m just saying that Halo once took skill to use and that the mechanics of Reach are cheesy.

I guess this game shouldn’t be taken too seriously when they also give you a Pistol to use in Team Snipers .

Reach has been broken since day one.
I don’t understand why it’s taking people this long to realize it.

I hate Reach, and in my opinion it’s a piece of absolute trash.

> No excuse for losing to sprint beat down when you have a sniper. If you had a dmr or ar, that would be different.

true enough but it doesnt change the fact that sprint double melee is stupid and shouldnt be in halo to begin with.

its essentially marathon pro+lightweight and knife

I thought halo fans wanted to be the skilled alternative to trash like COD. Do you not agree?

> It is rampant in my beloved Team Snipers playlist.

It’s rampant in the entire game, not just Snipers.

(Short melee cooldown + no bleed-through damage + sprint)^Armor Lock = Halo Reach’s quality gamplay.

Sprint does dumb down the entire game quite considerably, not just in Team Snipers.