Sprint=Armor Lock ... almost

You’re probably thinking that’s a ridiculous comparison, and you are right to think so, but I will compare them in this regard.

Both sprint and armor lock slow the game and prevail your inevitable death. People wish to find support while they are both still one shot.

Story time - I was at bottom mid of Regret. An enemy popped my shields, so he starts chasing me and I start running. Literally, we manage to circle a small structure with openings about 4 times. I am stubborn, and with sprint it allowed me to make him chase endlessly for a kill he deserved. So I had no. chance of escaping from the sprinting force, while one shot. So what do I do? I call out to my teammates that I have a chaser, he ends up dying and I live after running for nearly 30 seconds./

You are thinking that you can play Cat and Mouse around an object with movement speed and you can, but the difference is that you will eventually get your shields back. Why would anyone want to engage their opponent when the shields want go up? In some ways, this is seen as the running Armor lock, and this chase would’ve continued till someone has intervened. Worse in some ways, because this is unlimited sprinting, where as armor lock has a timer then your either dead or still alive.

The main difference is that EVERYONE has sprint. Not just one guy.

Eh, kind of, but not really. Armor lock was glitchy as -blam!-, and it basically depended on who had the better end of the connection when you fought somebody with armor lock. Sprint is just…sprint. You can run.

> 2533274821174589;1:
> You’re probably thinking that’s a ridiculous comparison, and you are right to think so, but I will compare them in this regard.
>
> Both sprint and armor lock slow the game and prevail your inevitable death. People wish to find support while they are both still one shot.
>
> Story time - I was at bottom mid of Regret. An enemy popped my shields, so he starts chasing me and I start running. Literally, we manage to circle a small structure with openings about 4 times. I am stubborn, and with sprint it allowed me to make him chase endlessly for a kill he deserved. So I had no. chance of escaping from the sprinting force, while one shot. So what do I do? I call out to my teammates that I have a chaser, he ends up dying and I live after running for nearly 30 seconds./
>
> You are thinking that you can play Cat and Mouse around an object with movement speed and you can, but the difference is that you will eventually get your shields back. Why would anyone want to engage their opponent when the shields want go up? In some ways, this is seen as the running Armor lock, and this chase would’ve continued till someone has intervened. Worse in some ways, because this is unlimited sprinting, where as armor lock has a timer then your either dead or still alive.

Why did he deserve the kill. If you were both limited to normal walking speed then you would have walked into cover and regenerated your shields and continued the fight. I like sprint but it messes with peoples minds. People HATE when someone runs away from a fight. Just look at these forums and it is filled with post of people raging about someone running away from their bullets and surviving “ITS NOT FAIR HE RAN AWAY I DESERVED THE KILL I POPPED HIS SHIELDZZZ!”. The halo community has this mentality of if they see the enemy shields pop then that means they deserve the kill no matter what happens. It’s like everyone forgot that people ran away all the time in old halo games and regenerated shields too.

You can’t compare sprint and armorlock. Armorlock was just plain broken in so many ways.

> 2533274950604834;4:
> > 2533274821174589;1:
> > You’re probably thinking that’s a ridiculous comparison, and you are right to think so, but I will compare them in this regard.
> >
> > Both sprint and armor lock slow the game and prevail your inevitable death. People wish to find support while they are both still one shot.
> >
> > Story time - I was at bottom mid of Regret. An enemy popped my shields, so he starts chasing me and I start running. Literally, we manage to circle a small structure with openings about 4 times. I am stubborn, and with sprint it allowed me to make him chase endlessly for a kill he deserved. So I had no. chance of escaping from the sprinting force, while one shot. So what do I do? I call out to my teammates that I have a chaser, he ends up dying and I live after running for nearly 30 seconds./
> >
> > You are thinking that you can play Cat and Mouse around an object with movement speed and you can, but the difference is that you will eventually get your shields back. Why would anyone want to engage their opponent when the shields want go up? In some ways, this is seen as the running Armor lock, and this chase would’ve continued till someone has intervened. Worse in some ways, because this is unlimited sprinting, where as armor lock has a timer then your either dead or still alive.
>
>
> Why did he deserve the kill. If you were both limited to normal walking speed then you would have walked into cover and regenerated your shields and continued the fight. I like sprint but it messes with peoples minds. People HATE when someone runs away from a fight. Just look at these forums and it is filled with post of people raging about someone running away from their bullets and surviving “ITS NOT FAIR HE RAN AWAY I DESERVED THE KILL I POPPED HIS SHIELDZZZ!”. The halo community has this mentality of if they see the enemy shields pop then that means they deserve the kill no matter what happens. It’s like everyone forgot that people ran away all the time in old halo games and regenerated shields too.
>
> You can’t compare sprint and armorlock. Armorlock was just plain broken in so many ways.

I couldn’t walk into cover, he would’ve caught me by then. He was close, when he started charging, I had no choice but to go track star mode. Nothing would’ve saved me. What saved me was that I had to callout that he was chasing me forever. Even they said he was on my -Yoink- lol.

I compared it in regard to both stalling for time

Nothing can be worse than the Armor Lock ability, nothing!

> 2533274821174589;1:
> You’re probably thinking that’s a ridiculous comparison, and you are right to think so, but I will compare them in this regard.
>
> Both sprint and armor lock slow the game and prevail your inevitable death. People wish to find support while they are both still one shot.
>
> Story time - I was at bottom mid of Regret. An enemy popped my shields, so he starts chasing me and I start running. Literally, we manage to circle a small structure with openings about 4 times. I am stubborn, and with sprint it allowed me to make him chase endlessly for a kill he deserved. So I had no. chance of escaping from the sprinting force, while one shot. So what do I do? I call out to my teammates that I have a chaser, he ends up dying and I live after running for nearly 30 seconds./
>
> You are thinking that you can play Cat and Mouse around an object with movement speed and you can, but the difference is that you will eventually get your shields back. Why would anyone want to engage their opponent when the shields want go up? In some ways, this is seen as the running Armor lock, and this chase would’ve continued till someone has intervened. Worse in some ways, because this is unlimited sprinting, where as armor lock has a timer then your either dead or still alive.

If your team mates were any good they would have shot them.
If your enemy’s teammates were any good they would’ve shot you.

This didn’t really happen did it!

> 2533274849017325;7:
> > 2533274821174589;1:
> > You’re probably thinking that’s a ridiculous comparison, and you are right to think so, but I will compare them in this regard.
> >
> > Both sprint and armor lock slow the game and prevail your inevitable death. People wish to find support while they are both still one shot.
> >
> > Story time - I was at bottom mid of Regret. An enemy popped my shields, so he starts chasing me and I start running. Literally, we manage to circle a small structure with openings about 4 times. I am stubborn, and with sprint it allowed me to make him chase endlessly for a kill he deserved. So I had no. chance of escaping from the sprinting force, while one shot. So what do I do? I call out to my teammates that I have a chaser, he ends up dying and I live after running for nearly 30 seconds./
> >
> > You are thinking that you can play Cat and Mouse around an object with movement speed and you can, but the difference is that you will eventually get your shields back. Why would anyone want to engage their opponent when the shields want go up? In some ways, this is seen as the running Armor lock, and this chase would’ve continued till someone has intervened. Worse in some ways, because this is unlimited sprinting, where as armor lock has a timer then your either dead or still alive.
>
>
> If your team mates were any good they would have shot them.
> If your enemy’s teammates were any good they would’ve shot you.
> …
> This didn’t really happen did it!

It really did happen, and it makes no difference about who’s good or not. It just happened

> 2533274821174589;1:
>
>
>

I will politely disagree. If you were running in that circle as long as you did, that other team were scrubs for not cleaning you up sooner.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

███████████████████████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▀▀▀███████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
███│░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░│███
██▌│░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░│▐██
██░└┐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░┌┘░██
██░░└┐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░┌┘░░██
██░░┌┘▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄└┐░░██
██▌░│██████▌░░░▐██████│░▐██
███░│▐███▀▀░░▄░░▀▀███▌│░███
██▀─┘░░░░░░░▐█▌░░░░░░░└─▀██
██▄░░░▄▄▄▓░░▀█▀░░▓▄▄▄░░░▄██
████▄─┘██▌░░░░░░░▐██└─▄████
█████░░▐█─┬┬┬┬┬┬┬─█▌░░█████
████▌░░░▀┬┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┬▀░░░▐████
█████▄░░░└┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┘░░░▄█████
███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████

I see this encounter equal on both sides. It’s his fault for chasing you and his fault for not calling out to his team for help on getting a kill. It’s not sprints fault.

Shoot in the old Halo games, it was the same thing. You’d get shot you run to escape and you’re followed .You crouch or keep going around something, the only difference is your shields regenerated thus resetting this encounter. But in all halo games you need help from your team in some way or another.

Lets say you’re running around in circles with sprint and your shields do recover. Now what?

███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▀▀▀███████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
███│░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░│███
██▌│░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░│▐██
██░└┐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░┌┘░██
██░░└┐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░┌┘░░██
██░░┌┘▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄└┐░░██
██▌░│██████▌░░░▐██████│░▐██
███░│▐███▀▀░░▄░░▀▀███▌│░███
██▀─┘░░░░░░░▐█▌░░░░░░░└─▀██
██▄░░░▄▄▄▓░░▀█▀░░▓▄▄▄░░░▄██
████▄─┘██▌░░░░░░░▐██└─▄████
█████░░▐█─┬┬┬┬┬┬┬─█▌░░█████
████▌░░░▀┬┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┬▀░░░▐████
█████▄░░░└┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┘░░░▄█████
███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████

> 2533274821174589;1:
>
>
>

Thrusters stagnate the game more than sprint IMO.

──────────────────────────────░░░────────
───────────────────────────░▓█████▒──────
──────────────────────────░████████▒─────
─────────────────────────░██████████░────
─────────────────────────███████████▓────
────────────────────────░████████████────
────────────────────────█████████████▒───
───────────────────────░█████████████▓───
───────────────────────▓██████████████───
───────────────────────███████████████───
───────────────────────█████▓█████████░──
──────────────────────░████▓▓█████████░──
───────────────────────███▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓██▒──
───────────────────────████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒──
──────────░░░───░░░▒▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████░──
─────────░████████████████▓▓██████████░──
──────────████████████████▓▓██▓▓▓█████░──
──────────██▓▓████████████▓████▓▓█████░──
────────▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████████░──
────────██▓▓▓▓█▓█████▓▓▓██▓████▓▓█████░──
────────░█▓▓█▓█████────░██▓████▓▓█████░──
────────▓█▓▓▓▓▓▒█▒▓─────██▓█▓██▓▓█████░──
───────░██▓▓▓▓█░█▒░░────███▓▓▓▓▓▓█████░──
───────██▓▓▓███▓▓█▓░────▓██▓▓▓█▓▓▓███▓───
──────███▓▓▓▓▓████░─────▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓███▒───
─────▓███▓▓▓▓▓██────────░███▓▓███████▒───
────░██▓▓▓██▓▓██─────────░███████████▒───
───░██▓▓▓███▓▓██─────────░███████████▒───
───████▓████▓██▓──────────███████████░───
──█████▓██▓▓▓██▓──────────███████▓███────
─███▓██████████▓──────────▓███▓▓████▓────
─██▓▓████▓█████▓──────────▒█████████░────
░██▓▓███──██████──────────▓█████████─────
▒██▓▓▓██──░███▒░─────────░██████████─────
▓██▓▓██▓─────────────────███████████─────
███████▒────────────────▓█▓▓████████▒────
███████░─────────░░░──░▓██▓▓▓██████▓█────
███████─────▓█████████████▓▓▓█████▓▓█▓───
██████▓────░██████████████▓▓▓▓████▓▓██▒──
██████▒────▒███████████████▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓████░
██████░────▓███████████████▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓█████
██████─────████████████████▓▓▓████▓▓▓████
██████────░███████████████▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓████
█████▓───░████████████████▓▓▓██████▓▓████
█████▒───█████████████████▓▓▓██████▓▓████
█████──▒██████████████████▓▓█▓▓██▓██▓████
████▓─░███████████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓██████
████▒─████████████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓█████
████▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓█████
██████████████████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓█████
██████████████████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓█████
██████████████████████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓█████
██████████████████████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓█████
██████████████████████████▓▓▓▓████▓▓█████

I just don’t use sprint unless I need to get somewhere quickly. I see thrust being a better comparison.

███████▓█████▓▓╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬▓███▓╬╬╬╬╬╬╬▓╬╬▓█
████▓▓▓▓╬╬▓█████╬╬╬╬╬╬███▓╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬█
███▓▓▓▓╬╬╬╬╬╬▓██╬╬╬╬╬╬▓▓╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬▓█
████▓▓▓╬╬╬╬╬╬╬▓█▓╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬▓█
███▓█▓███████▓▓███▓╬╬╬╬╬╬▓███████▓╬╬╬╬▓█
████████████████▓█▓╬╬╬╬╬▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╬╬╬╬╬╬╬█
███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╬╬▓▓▓▓▓█▓╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬▓█
████▓▓▓╬╬╬╬▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬▓█
███▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬▓█
█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓█▓╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬▓█
█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓█▓╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬██
█████▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓█▓╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬██