Sprint and Why it is Good for Halo

Sprint is a very controversial topic and I am fully aware of the effects which sprint has on Halos Gameplay. First of all,let us have a look at sprint in h4 and sprint in h5.In h4,sprint had very little upsides compared to h5s counterpart and people say that they have made sprint a lot better in h5 since they have balanced it with a bunch of Spartan abilities but there is no problem right there. In fact, they have just made it Just as good as it was in h4, and it adds many things to the gameplay other than creating an illusion.
You see,people’s complaints were that they wanted to have the same old video game over and over but do you notice that the maps in both h4 and h5 are kind of more, balanced?Where there is enough space than previous halo games?My friend,this is the benefits of sprint as in order to Feel less slow and sluggish,they must make the map bigger which in turn creates the opportunity for you to move fast and find advantages within the maps quicker than you would with the old speed.This is why maps such as Gaurdian can be remade as it would be a new experience but the same map feel and with sprint, it would just be great.
Another big example in my eyes would be Warlock(Can’t remember the h2aversion so I’m going with that).That map would have to become a lot bigger in order to sprint to be balanced but that doesn’t change what made the map so special in the first place!People would be spawning, running across the map and Shooting and having fun just like the old days if there was sprint with a remade and resized warlord.
This is just one of the benefits of sprint in Halo,and ask yourself this,What does taking sprint away actually add to the gameplay for you in Halo?

To Phoxniix, with love <3

We really don’t need two of these threads going at the same time.

> but do you notice that the maps in both h4 and h5 are kind of more, balanced?

Halo 4 has some of the worst maps of the entire franchise.

Now this is an essay, original in form, that I can get behind.

> 2533274819302824;2:
> We really don’t need two of these threads going at the same time.
>
>
>
>
> > but do you notice that the maps in both h4 and h5 are kind of more, balanced?
>
>
> Halo 4 has some of the worst maps of the entire franchise.

I fully agree with there being so many forum post about sprint, so maybe guys like Phoxniix should stop posting them all the time huh?

Sprint is so good for halo in fact that it’s given H5 a massive 55,000 (peak hours) population six months after launch

im so glad sprint saved halo from the days where it was #1 on the xbl most played charts for three years straight

> 2533274819302824;2:
> We really don’t need two of these threads going at the same time.
>
>
>
>
> > but do you notice that the maps in both h4 and h5 are kind of more, balanced?
>
>
> Halo 4 has some of the worst maps of the entire franchise.

amen halo 4 was a waste

Good Halo games had no sprint, all the Halo games with sprint have been bad.

See the correlation?

> 2533274868226547;7:
> Good Halo games had no sprint, all the Halo games with sprint have been bad.
>
> See the correlation?

lern 2 stats

> 2533274832130936;5:
> Sprint is so good for halo in fact that it’s given H5 a massive 55,000 (peak hours) population six months after launch
>
> im so glad sprint saved halo from the days where it was #1 on the xbl most played charts for three years straight

Sprint is so good for halo in fact that it’s given H5 players of the 55,000 (peak hours) population a reason to keep coming back and playing the game!

im so glad sprint is a key, balanced feature and is looked at as the only excuse for why people think halo isn’t #1 on the most played charts instead of just coming to realization that not as many people play halo like they used to in the past.

Not only that you still have to stop for your shields to recharge. A basic element of the game lol.

> 2533274803964668;9:
> > 2533274832130936;5:
> > Sprint is so good for halo in fact that it’s given H5 a massive 55,000 (peak hours) population six months after launch
> >
> > im so glad sprint saved halo from the days where it was #1 on the xbl most played charts for three years straight
>
>
> Sprint is so good for halo in fact that it’s given H5 players of the 55,000 (peak hours) population a reason to keep coming back and playing the game!
>
> im so glad sprint is a key, balanced feature and is looked at as the only excuse for why people think halo isn’t #1 on the most played charts instead of just coming to realization that not as many people play halo like they used to in the past.

I know this is going to be hard for you to ingest so I will try to let you down gently

if sprint it any other of the “evolutions” of halo were well received halo would be gaining population not losing it by the millions

There are a multitude of reasons why H5s population is abysmal and sprint is right there in among them

While I agree with many that Halo should advance, I don’t think sprint is the right way to go. It does practically nothing for me. If you really want to move faster in game, then we should be asking for faster base movement speed, not a gimmick that was in a thousand games before. I’m surprised 343 hasn’t added a “bullet time” button like Max Payne or something (Yes I know, Bungie introduced Sprint in Reach. Doesn’t mean I gotta like it.)

Sprint is great and fits the game.

> 2533274832368555;12:
> While I agree with many that Halo should advance, I don’t think sprint is the right way to go. It does practically nothing for me. If you really want to move faster in game, then we should be asking for faster base movement speed, not a gimmick that was in a thousand games before. I’m surprised 343 hasn’t added a “bullet time” button like Max Payne or something (Yes I know, Bungie introduced Sprint in Reach. Doesn’t mean I gotta like it.)

Exactly

remove sprint completely and buff base movement speed to 120%
theoretically this should make everyone happy

> 2533274874554525;3:
> Now this is an essay, original in form, that I can get behind.

So glad I’m not the only one with this emblem!

You forgot to mention the creation of hundreds of deadzones in the stretched out maps because once you are in a firefight and can’t sprint, you’re in an area where you “gotta go fast” but can’t because you have to freaking slow down because you’re getting shot at and need to shoot back. Meaning cover will be spaced and thus creating more deadzones. Also RIP trick and crouch jumping.

Oh and CQB is totally dead in Halo 4 and Halo 5. You know what made Halo 2 so great? Lockout and miship. You know what made Halo 3 so great? Guardian. CQB is half the game, and if you ditch that critical aspect so you can “go fast” then you’re playing the wrong game. Really, even for bigger maps I see it as a coward’s way out. What happened to clever ways of moving around the map like gravity lifts, man cannons and teleporters? The lack of those is one of the reasons Halo 5s maps are so bland.