Sprint and Double Jump

Chief can sprint. Chief can double jump. These both drain the same meter.

For example, you could be battling someone in close quarters and double jump a few times to throw off your enemy’s aim but then you could not sprint away to safety when the fight was over since your meter would be drained from jumping.

Inversely, you could sprint into a battle but then you could not double jump during the fight because your meter would be drained from sprinting.

Sprint would have it’s own button. Double jump would be achieved by tapping the jump button once you were already in the air from your first jump.

double jump? what is this mario?

How would you explain in for canon reasons?

> How would you explain in for canon reasons?

I have an explanation for the abilities but expressing them will only cause this thread to devolve into a canonical debate. What are your thoughts on the effects to multiplayer with these new movement capabilities?

just stick to the core of halo, AAs were not the best idea, just dont add more inbalance

It might work if instead of a double jump holding A made you jump higher.

So are you just combining sprint and jetpack or will you always be able to double jump (is it a pick up)?

> So are you just combining sprint and jetpack or will you always be able to double jump (is it a pick up)?

It’s not a pickup. You always have it. It’s not Jetpack either. Last time I checked you can fly very high with the jetpack. On Asylum the double jump would get you from the ground to Ring 2.

> It might work if instead of a double jump holding A made you jump higher.

I think it would be easier for the game to detect two button presses. Sometimes I go to beat someone down and end up assasinating them because the game thinks I held the button down. Also tapping it again at the peak of your jump would allow for the highest double jump. It’s like a crouch jump on steroids.

I just had another idea, replace the jetpack AA with a thruster pack. The thruster pack would basically be a double jump. You jump and hit A again causing the pack to propel you another few feet.

i say no

I cant think of a way this could fit into the story of Halo though

Don’t Spartans jump high enough as is?(besides Reach)

> I just had another idea, replace the jetpack AA with a thruster pack. The thruster pack would basically be a double jump. You jump and hit A again causing the pack to propel you another few feet.

Assault by canon experts in 3-2-1…

That’s why I didn’t explain how, story wise, the mechanics work yet. People get really upset about that kind of stuff. For me, gameplay is king.

> Don’t Spartans jump high enough as is?(besides Reach)

I like Reach’s low jump height in most scenarios. The double jump would bring back the high jumps of previous Halo titles but you would have to use them intelligently since your meter will eventually run out.

> > I just had another idea, replace the jetpack AA with a thruster pack. The thruster pack would basically be a double jump. You jump and hit A again causing the pack to propel you another few feet.
>
> Assault by canon experts in 3-2-1…
>
> That’s why I didn’t explain how, story wise, the mechanics work yet. People get really upset about that kind of stuff. For me, gameplay is king.

Oh god, I don’t want to die!

> > Don’t Spartans jump high enough as is?(besides Reach)
>
> I like Reach’s low jump height in most scenarios. The double jump would bring back the high jumps of previous Halo titles but you would have to use them intelligently since your meter will eventually run out.

If this were to happen it should only be to the height of Halo 3 and it should be 1 jump per charge

> > > Don’t Spartans jump high enough as is?(besides Reach)
> >
> > I like Reach’s low jump height in most scenarios. The double jump would bring back the high jumps of previous Halo titles but you would have to use them intelligently since your meter will eventually run out.
>
> If this were to happen it should only be to the height of Halo 3 and it should be 1 jump per charge

The double jump would be a bit higher than the Halo 3 jump. It’s primary purpose is for gaining entrance to areas that are too high to jump into. I don’t think there would be a big enough difference between your regular jump and double jump if the double jump was only Halo 3 jump height.

Sprint and double jumps would use the same meter. I don’t really think one double jump is of equal worth as a full sprint meter. Three double jumps would drain the meter.

> > > > Don’t Spartans jump high enough as is?(besides Reach)
> > >
> > > I like Reach’s low jump height in most scenarios. The double jump would bring back the high jumps of previous Halo titles but you would have to use them intelligently since your meter will eventually run out.
> >
> > If this were to happen it should only be to the height of Halo 3 and it should be 1 jump per charge
>
> The double jump would be a bit higher than the Halo 3 jump. It’s primary purpose is for gaining entrance to areas that are too high to jump into. I don’t think there would be a big enough difference between your regular jump and double jump if the double jump was only Halo 3 jump height.
>
> Sprint and double jumps would use the same meter. I don’t really think one double jump is of equal worth as a full sprint meter. Three double jumps would drain the meter.

If it was a sprint then high jump combo that you had time right to get it would make more sense but a lot of high jumps per charge would make it very annoying (They can escape very easily)

How would double jumps help someone escape?