*SPOILERS* What happened to Sunny D?

I’m referring to the Didact as “Sunny D” simply for the fun of it. But in all seriousness, do you think he is actually… dead?I mean, he is one of the most powerful characters in the entire Halo universe, and 343 just wouldn’t kill him off within mere seconds, would they? Didact was such an interesting character who got so little screen time, which really disappointed me.

Do any of you think that he will return later on in the Halo Reborn trilogy?

I do feel like there was a lot of the campaign that was glossed over and could’ve been explained more.

I think that Captain Del Rio’s relationship with chief could’ve been explained more. They also kinda seemed to drop the ball a bit when it came to explaining the promethean knights. The fact that they are digitized ancient humans is kinda a really big deal and it was just glossed over.

Then specifically regarding the Didact. In the books, he isn’t a bad character. In fact he sides with his two human friends. This is also supported by the fact that he is trying to stop the flood as shown by the terminals in Halo 3. I think his whole thing with the composer was kinda odd. As far as I know, it has never been mentioned before (although I’m not 100% caught up on all of my backstory).

I think if they had added some more cutscenes during the levels and lengthened the ones between levels the campaign could’ve rivaled Halo:CE. This would’ve also made the game longer. It only took me 5 hours 11 minutes to beat it on normal. I still have to go back to find skulls, terminals, and do Solo Legendary, but this game just seemed very short given the development cycle it had.

I dunno what they’re gonna do about your character. It’ll likely depend on what is said in the upcoming Forerunner Trilogy book. It could be that we don’t see him again, or he could come back in later games, or even Spartan Ops episodes.

> I do feel like there was a lot of the campaign that was glossed over and could’ve been explained more.
>
>
>
>
> I think that Captain Del Rio’s relationship with chief could’ve been explained more. They also kinda seemed to drop the ball a bit when it came to explaining the promethean knights. The fact that they are digitized ancient humans is kinda a really big deal and it was just glossed over.
>
> Then specifically regarding the Didact. In the books, he isn’t a bad character. In fact he sides with his two human friends. This is also supported by the fact that he is trying to stop the flood as shown by the terminals in Halo 3. I think his whole thing with the composer was kinda odd. As far as I know, it has never been mentioned before (although I’m not 100% caught up on all of my backstory).
>
> I think if they had added some more cutscenes during the levels and lengthened the ones between levels the campaign could’ve rivaled Halo:CE. This would’ve also made the game longer. It only took me 5 hours 11 minutes to beat it on normal. I still have to go back to find skulls, terminals, and do Solo Legendary, but this game just seemed very short given the development cycle it had.
>

>
> I dunno what they’re gonna do about your character. It’ll likely depend on what is said in the upcoming Forerunner Trilogy book. It could be that we don’t see him again, or he could come back in later games, or even Spartan Ops episodes.

I agree. Something that 343 told us was that the Didact WASN’T the ancient evil, and that there was something more, something bigger. But nope, there is absolutely no other antagonist in the game other than the covenant.

he fell in a slipspace nuke…hes still alive

just floating somewhere

and he was in fact talking in the end cutscene after the credits and saying that the forerunners have returned, so we have plenty of them coming in the future

> he fell in a slipspace nuke…hes still alive
>
> just floating somewhere
>
> and he was in fact talking in the end cutscene after the credits and saying that the forerunners have returned, so we have plenty of them coming in the future

The post credits speech was quoting one of the books, I believe. But, if chief survived an explosion from a nuclear warhead at point blank, even with Cortana’s help (with what little power she had), then Didact MUST have survived.